Mining and warehouse issues.

General discussions about X Rebirth.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

vojmary

Mining and warehouse issues.

Post by vojmary » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 13:57

Hello.

I've a question regarding mining and using warehouse as mine base.

Is there any possibility to designate surbodinate ships to mine only one resource?

I've built the warehouse and expanded its liquid storage. My mining ships are gathering everything from space and mainly ions not plasma nor hydrogen. When the warehouse is full with ions and ships have mixed wares on board (hydrogen, ions, plasma) they are not trading. Just waiting for me to clear the space in storage.

It's quite annoying.

Looking forward to your answers!

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Post by Alan Phipps » Wed, 4. Apr 18, 15:34

You may find this fairly recent thread helpful.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vojmary

Post by vojmary » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 11:12

This is not a solution of my problem, just a talk.

Are there any mods for better mining?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Post by Alan Phipps » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 14:31

Yes, it is discussion of player comments and requests that this forum was intended for. If that previous thread didn't come up with a clear cut solution that you like then the chances are that this one might not either.

If you definitely want to go down the modded route then please ask over in the XR S&M forum. This forum is strictly for vanilla gameplay discussion. Thanks.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

vojmary

Post by vojmary » Thu, 5. Apr 18, 22:28

Ok. Thank you for your reply.

Sparky Sparkycorp
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

Post by Sparky Sparkycorp » Sat, 7. Apr 18, 23:37

Unfortunately I don't think this is possible.

We can control what we allow an assigned mining ship to unload (only possible if a buy order is set up on the Warehouse) but not what they harvest.

Mining ships don't follow a station's Trading Operational Range setting so we can't entirely stop collection of unwanted wares (every system has every ware) but if the Warehouse is placed far from unwanted wares, the mining ship may avoid them more often.

vojmary

Post by vojmary » Tue, 10. Apr 18, 13:17

Thank you for reply.

I understand that mechanism, but I would be awesome if player was able to filter what is gathered and what is not. For real it would be a big advantage of managing warehouse and wares. Just to allocate desired ship for desired resource. It would eliminate builidng mass of warehouses, as I was reading in the different posts how people cope with that problem, and resolve that issue.

Cheers!

Return to “X Rebirth Universe”