X3AP Problem with getting TL pilot to deliver a Station for me (Beginner Question)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

cobra mk2
x4

X3AP Problem with getting TL pilot to deliver a Station for me (Beginner Question)

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 13:37

It's X3AP and I'm playing the Terran gamestart. I'm trying to set up my first factory and it's in Terran Space.

I want a factory from the Shipyard in the Moon Sector but when i comm the Captain of The Moon's local TL (a Terran Atmos Lifter) there is no option to ask him to go to the Shipyard or deliver something for me.

Am i forgetting something here?
Do i need to do something in particular to make the option to deliver a factory appear in the TL's comms?

Cheers

Cycrow
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by Cycrow » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 13:45

if the option isn't there, it means they are currently on an assigment. You need to find a TL that is free, or wait for the one in the Moon to finish its task.

you can use a TL from another sector, jsut order them to move to the moon, but will cost you a little extra

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 14:48

that's great!, thanks for the reply

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 16:02

I'm pretty sure that any Atmospheric Lifter you see in Terran space is supposedly transporting goods from planet to orbit and back again--they're not there to build stations, you need to be looking for a Mobile Mining Base-ship to do that.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Tue, 24. Apr 18, 23:59

Only TLs with Supply in their name are able to be used. Ice miners and atmospheric lifters are too busy unless you board them.

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 00:22

I've been watching the Terran Atmo Lifters and like you say they only work for the Terran Supply Stations and use lots of Freight Drones.

Now i did remember seeing a Mobile Mining Base somewhere in Terran Space so i'll be going looking for it right now.

Cheers

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Hiring a TL ?

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 05:57

Just a note. I got so frustrated with hiring TLs that I gave up on it. It's a pain getting the station where you want. Their turning radius makes it impossible to correct a navigation mistake in real time. And they don't listen very well either. I figured I could board one or buy one almost faster than hiring one. I've waited for my own TL ever since.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

TheDeliveryMan
x4

Re: Hiring a TL ?

Post by TheDeliveryMan » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 06:55

Bill Huntington wrote:Just a note. I got so frustrated with hiring TLs that I gave up on it. It's a pain getting the station where you want. Their turning radius makes it impossible to correct a navigation mistake in real time. And they don't listen very well either. I figured I could board one or buy one almost faster than hiring one. I've waited for my own TL ever since.
That's only an issue while the TL is IS and it's not unique to hired TLs.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 13:06

Supply TLs that can be hired are always found in sectors with a shipyard unless they are carrying a station already (board them then).

Bill Huntington
x3tc

Post by Bill Huntington » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 18:59

To be clear on some of the problems. The hired TL wouldn't usually go to where it was supposed to in a straight line or even a curved line. I did much better when I got in front and told it to follow me. Then when I got close it meandered. I might have been better off letting it get close with me OOS. It's been a while, so I don't remember more.
Bill in S.F., enjoying the game

cobra mk2
x4

Post by cobra mk2 » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 19:39

DrSuperEvil wrote:Supply TLs that can be hired are always found in sectors with a shipyard unless they are carrying a station already (board them then).
I used to think this was the case but in X3AP Terran Space it seems to be different.
Currently i'm playing the Terran gamestart and i've been sticking to Terran Space exclusively and so far i havn't found any supply ships in any Shipyard sectors. The only supply ships i've seen are the Ice Miner and Mobile Mining Base and they are found working elsewhere.

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 20:20

Problem with Terran space is all the stations have a huge displacement radius which throws ships in a large radius when entering the sector. Finding them in Aldrin is near impossible due to the planetoid.

Terran Have 3 Supply TLs and 4 Ice Miner TLs unlike other races which have 6 Supply TLs each.

modernrocko
x3tc

Post by modernrocko » Fri, 27. Apr 18, 20:38

DrSuperEvil wrote:Problem with Terran space is all the stations have a huge displacement radius which throws ships in a large radius when entering the sector. Finding them in Aldrin is near impossible due to the planetoid.

Terran Have 3 Supply TLs and 4 Ice Miner TLs unlike other races which have 6 Supply TLs each.
I haven't checked myself, but are the Terran Supply TL's homebased at any specific station types? If so that would probably be a faster way of locating one, just fly to that all of the stations of that type in the sector and check Owned Ships. Maybe they don't have home bases set though, I don't know. Just an idea

DrSuperEvil
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by DrSuperEvil » Sat, 28. Apr 18, 23:46

I don't think the supply TLs of any race have a home base. They just idle in sectors with a shipyard of their race.

Ketraar
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Ketraar » Wed, 2. May 18, 22:43

Most Job ships dont have a home base. They just wonder around doing their thing and get removed when their task is done or are "asked" to leave.

Before I have my own TL I make it a habit to hire any Supply TL I come across in systems where shipyards sell stations I might buy eventually. Since the captain was foolish enough to charge per gate instead of time, I dont see a reason why it cant just wait for me to need it. :-)

MFG

Ketraar

RainerPrem
x4

Post by RainerPrem » Thu, 3. May 18, 07:47

Ketraar wrote:Most Job ships dont have a home base. They just wonder around doing their thing and get removed when their task is done or are "asked" to leave.

Before I have my own TL I make it a habit to hire any Supply TL I come across in systems where shipyards sell stations I might buy eventually. Since the captain was foolish enough to charge per gate instead of time, I dont see a reason why it cant just wait for me to need it. :-)

MFG

Ketraar
Hi,

With the additional benefit that you can send them to safe places once your marines require training

cu
Rainer

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”