Planetary Protection

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Fri, 4. May 18, 17:17

Hank001 wrote:...YouTube has plenty of this space noise on it's site. Though when you spend a few years trying to tune out static listening to it in leasure is something I'll take a pass on. :P
It used to be that you could just set your analog TV to "static" and listen to what was predominantly the CMB. I'm sure the move to "digital only" has something to do with the government trying to hide the truths being whispered in the CMB...

Oh, I see what you were referring to: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Meteor_bu ... unications

Neat!

Hank001
x3ap

Post by Hank001 » Fri, 4. May 18, 18:17

The move to digital was pushed throuugh by some of the most intense lobbying in American history. Pretty ill concieved considering the TV industry was in NO WAY ready for the first deadline for the switch over and it had to be pushed back continually. It's some VERY powerful lobbies wanted the frequencies that analog TV used. And some VERY powerful foreign lobbies wanted to sell the US HDTV sets. The called the the "Triple S Lobby".
Most broadcast networks fouught against this change since the higher frequecy ranges of HDTV meant new gear and even with 1000 megawatt transmitters, a smaller broadcast area without repeater stations. So yes, the cable lobbies were right there too!
Most broadcasters had to sell out to larger corporate entities because they couldn't afford the switch. Most of our locals were eaten by Raycom Media.
The answer to life, the universe and everything:
MIND THE GAP

Return to “Off Topic English”