Export Empire not working...?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Sandtrooper

Export Empire not working...?

Post by Sandtrooper » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:13

Firstly - 'vanilla' LU. I haven't gone for 'plus' or 'Mayhem' things and until I've negotiated around the learning curve, I went into Art Life settings and disabled both OCV and Phanon. Disabled Avast antivirus's file scanner as per such mentions elsewhere regarding duration taken to crunch the 'empire' but, nothing seems to have happened after an hour.

Now then, why do I feel I have to export and restart? Hours (and days) into the game, I encounter a lack of silicon in the sector where I wanted to set up my SCH. No asteroids at all if I wanted to set up in say, A's Beacon with all that sunshine so...

Hmm, I read online that we can have the TL bring required asteroids together in order to meet the required quota? Hmm, no - I seem to be lacking a
Spoiler
Show
traction beam that apparently can be bought only in Ore Belt or PTNI
but, they're not listed for sale at either location. Forums elsewhere suggest this is because the 'Bonus Pack' managed to squeeze its way in during initial game installation. I don't recall seeing an option to include/exclude the BP when using my DVDs. Procedure DOES require installation & activation of TC before AP can then be done and from there, all the LU stuff - base mod, update patch (1.7.2, 2014) then sound and GUI etc. With this tractor beam being the only concession left behind where AP vanilla had the convenience of tractors readily available, I'm now unable to build SCHs if insufficient 'roids are in the same sector. Hephaistos allows overproduction of intermediate resources for HQ shipbuilding but again, absence of complex cleaner makes for excruciating frame rates.

Therefore, I either find a way to restart WITH current empire and ships, satelites etc, or else hope I can board/claim abandoned capitals in lieu of being able to gain resources through fabs :(

Is it possible to restart as in 'standard AP' - (e.g. pasting saved [save] folder in my docs after reinstalling the game? I was wondering if I could reinstall THEN 'UNinstall' BP if unable to initially exclude and then paste previously saved SAVE folder into my docs on the C: drive (my installed game is on a separate HDD because system drive is a SSD and we all know how quickly they die from repeatedly writing to them.

No marines are training, no ships being built, rev-engineered, no recycling under way. Only STs working within their designated areas. Additions include: Joub's toolkit, Hephaistos (not yet used), turret on/off (essential if not wanting to destroy what's just bailed), sat monitoring, Anarkis (LU version), MARS and such like.

I'm willing to provide a save of my game if anyone wants to have a looksee.
TIA for any thoughts and input/suggestions.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:26

There´s a Thread for exactly question´s like yours! https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=365706 why dont u use it??

Sandtrooper

Post by Sandtrooper » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:34

Sorry, is that not the location where I've posted this? Searching this entire forum site is impossible - having to use 'Google' to search a forum is little backward but, that was how I found the similar trail regarding the B'pack causing problems to begin with. No probs, I'll [Copy] & [Paste] this to this parallel universe instead.

Freenan
x4

Post by Freenan » Thu, 26. Apr 18, 14:44

Sandtrooper wrote:Sorry, is that not the location where I've posted this? Searching this entire forum site is impossible - having to use 'Google' to search a forum is little backward but, that was how I found the similar trail regarding the B'pack causing problems to begin with. No probs, I'll [Copy] & [Paste] this to this parallel universe instead.
you are right, BUT you can find it almost everytime right on top ;)

[Locking thread as its a duplicate - Cycrow]

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”