Help needed for custom turrets

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

J.M.

Help needed for custom turrets

Post by J.M. » Sun, 27. May 18, 13:16

So after having a bit of a break from modding x3tc, I decided to get back into it with messing with a few custom ships, all of which I managed to get working fine. Now I’m after a few finishing touches like fitting them with custom turrets, I’ve very briefly looked at this a while back but never got very far with it.
Basically I’ve followed the tutorial in this link https://forum.egosoft.com/viewtopic.php?t=260423 to the letter and although the turret fires, it won’t move, the body of the turret won’t rotate at all. I’ve started from scratch with new files and get the same results.
So what I would like to know is has anyone else had this trouble and how did you fix it?
Thanks

UniTrader
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by UniTrader » Sun, 27. May 18, 23:06

i might be mistaken because i am not a modeller, but i think this was caused by the orientation of the turret gun and the orientation of the turret cockpit not being aligned properly (the turret cockpit aims in a direction the turret gun cannt shoot, most likely the exact opposite)
if not stated otherwise everything i post is licensed under WTFPL

Ich mache keine S&M-Auftragsarbeiten, aber wenn es fragen gibt wie man etwas umsetzen kann helfe ich gerne weiter ;)

I wont do Script&Mod Request work, but if there are questions how to do something i will GLaDly help ;)

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Mon, 28. May 18, 09:32

Thanks for the reply, I’m not sure that’s it, I’ve got the cockpit aligned with the turret so it’s as though you would be stood behind it, so the turret is in full view from the cockpit and they are both pointing in the same direction. The turret fires no problem, it’s just the body and barrel of the turret won’t move with the movement of the cockpit, or even at all. It just remains static.

ubuntufreakdragon
x4

Post by ubuntufreakdragon » Mon, 28. May 18, 16:14

whether the turret is animated depends of it size only the big ones are animated in vanilla.
My X3 Mods

XRebirth, things left to patch:
In General; On Firing NPC's; In De Vries; Out Of Zone; And the Antiwishlist

J.M.

Post by J.M. » Mon, 28. May 18, 21:31

My turret is about the same size as the big turrets on m1/m2’s

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”