Battle bridge.

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Nosscar
x4

Battle bridge.

Post by Nosscar » Mon, 28. May 18, 23:31

I read the map in X4 will be much more usable, with all the ships shown and filters ect. And that we can issue orders too.

So we could hopefully use it as a strategic battle map for our fleets in battle, wouldn't it be great to have a larger cap ship bridge, with a table or display to bring up the map so we can direct and control the fleet from the bridge while the pilot flies the ship.

This would be like being the Admiral in a battle.

(P.s Don't forget to put windows in bridge too please)
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 29. May 18, 00:13

I'm dreaming of this feature for a lifetime, I really hope they put it, it would be the best.
I hope they will work hard on the ship's bridge, which will really give the feeling of command and responsibility to manage a crew and a ship; and that there will be many details related to the management of the bridge, such as various displays, maps, warning signs, crew members who spot and report threats approaching instead of the robotic voice. things like this.

MegaJohnny
x4

Post by MegaJohnny » Tue, 29. May 18, 00:57

I think it has all of this, barring the "hologram table" idea. Check out this clip from one of their streams for a good example of map stuff, and this clip to see the bridge of some Argon capital ship.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 29. May 18, 11:13

Honestly, i already saw these streams hundred of times; what i was meaning is: once we finally got these bridges, i really want them look literally amazing, i know they can improve them better and better, and i belive that this feature for example would be more interesting than improving the internal parts of the stations

Nosscar
x4

Post by Nosscar » Tue, 29. May 18, 11:31

Karvat wrote:Honestly, i already saw these streams hundred of times; what i was meaning is: once we finally got these bridges, i really want them look literally amazing, i know they can improve them better and better, and i belive that this feature for example would be more interesting than improving the internal parts of the stations
Yes, I agree.
From the streams, seems they already have the map and a large bridge, so most assets in place.

Just flesh this out more for this focus and it would be golden.
[ external image ]
Asus Tuf A17 Ryzen 7 - 4800h, GTX 1660ti, 16mb ram, ssd drive. win 11.

mr.WHO
x4

Post by mr.WHO » Tue, 29. May 18, 16:33

I'd rather like if Egosoft would not waste too much time with the bridge, but instead make it flexible enought and documented, so that moders could turn them into pure excellence.

Karvat
x4

Post by Karvat » Tue, 29. May 18, 16:41

You won't need mods if egosoft will already have made an excellent job

Return to “X4: Foundations”