Best value sata I SSD at 1TB

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Best value sata I SSD at 1TB

Post by Free Trade Inn » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 22:22

Hi,
Kind of a follow up to my upgrade thread, Im looking to upgrade to SSD but my mobo will only do sata I, so what do you guys advise?

Cheers in advance.

FTI
You can be cool, or you can be nasty, but as soon as you are one, you are not the other.
FTI

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 23:02

SATA1, 2 or 3 doesn't really matter--they're all backwards compatible, so a SATA3 drive will still work on a SATA1 interface, it'll just be limited to the maximum speed SATA1 provides (about 150Mbyte/sec). That's pretty darned slow by SSD standards, so you won't get as much benefit as you would if you could deploy a SATA2 or 3 drive. (Are you really sure your motherboard will only do SATA1? SATA2 was introduced in 2004, so I'd be astonished if your machine was so old it didn't support it).

Speaking personally, I've used Crucial, Toshiba and Sandisk SSDs and found them much of a muchness. 1Tb SSDs look to be around the £200-£250 range at the low end, I'd just find something there that reviews well and go with that.

Tracker001
x3tc

Post by Tracker001 » Sun, 3. Jun 18, 23:17

using as a boot drive ?
If so Samsung decent .

But if you are going to use it for data crunching , could go the route 4TankersAndDog has .

starting @ 15:00 mark for the lead in . Should watch until he talks about the pcie adapter for the Samsung x4M.2 Enterprize 960 ssd .
https://youtu.be/oIXn2EK1Bu8?t=15m

He also shows testing results.

The vid is about his overall set up for streaming / editing rig because people have repeatedly asked .

Return to “Off Topic English”