30 Years of EGOSOFT games - June 2018 Celebration Month!

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:02

I have to say Bernd, LOVE the hair. I think I'm a bit jealous!

Watching the X2 gameplay reminded me how confused I was when I played X3 the first time after X2 (bought the superbox and played them in order) with the docking. X2 had the very short and wide docking lights and a big door. Going to X3 was quite the shock with the lights that stretched out forever, and at the end no door, just a spindly antenna array??? Of course when I finally figured out what it was, it was really cool!

Flying through stations was a lot of fun though, I still remember that bit where you're flying through a city, and then later flying through the prison? in X3?

Of course, flying around (and sometimes through) the beautiful animated stations in XR blows all that away :) and X4 is looking even prettier. So Hyped!

EDIT: Apologies for the name screwup!
Last edited by DavidGW on Fri, 22. Jun 18, 05:05, edited 2 times in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:10

DavidGW wrote:I have to say CBJ, LOVE the hair. I think I'm a bit jealous!
I think you mean Bernd. I wasn't on-screen, and even if I had been I can assure you there'd have been nothing to be jealous about regarding the hair.

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:29

Sadly I couldn't watch the Live stream as it aired, will it be uploaded to the Youtube channel eventually, or is it hosted elsewhere?

Scoob.

birdtable
x4

Post by birdtable » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:40

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 17:54

Yes, we will try to get in on YouTube soon.

However, WARNING if you're watching it on Twitch. There are very loud sections at times:
- 1:00:00
- 2:09:24
- 2:20:06

Besides that; a webcam melting just as we got started, me kicking the network cable out of the switch and a X4 crash, pretty smooth stream!

Scoob
x4

Post by Scoob » Thu, 21. Jun 18, 21:33

Thanks @birdtable for the link (I really should have been able to find that myself, shouldn't I? lol) and @Xenon_Slayer for the warning...which I'll forget after I start watching no doubt lol :)

Scoob.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 23. Jun 18, 19:13

As posted on facebook:
Thanks to Chris Huelsbeck and Simon Trümpler for their contribution last Wednesday.
Here are Simon's BLOG,
https://simonschreibt.de/
his gamedev Podcast:
https://gamedevpodcast.de/
Chris XBTF track for download
https://soundcloud.com/chris_huelsbeck/ ... tier-intro
and his Patreon page:
https://www.patreon.com/chris_huelsbeck/memberships

Rice
x3tc

Post by Rice » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 00:00

Xenon_Slayer wrote: a webcam melting just as we got started, me kicking the network cable out of the switch and a X4 crash, pretty smooth stream!

ah the webcam were the cause of the smoke inside the room, i thought you were grilling regular flesh instead ! :lol:
But the Masterfullycrafted Mic was magnificent. - has you guys muted the Mic with his "hardware" Button or Software sided. from how it had rebelled i would say Hardware slider :)
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
Eine der hoffnungsreichsten Lebenslagen ist die, wenn es uns so schlecht geht, dass es uns nicht mehr schlechter gehen kann. [Felix Krull]

DavidGW
x4

Post by DavidGW » Sun, 24. Jun 18, 04:23

BTW, correct me if I'm wrong, but this is the first time we've seen live X4 footage, as opposed to pre-filmed?

Personally, I'm not bothered about the crash. I wasn't paying all that much attention, but I think you guys were running and configuring dos-boxes with X4 running in the background? Not exactly surprising that it wouldn't like that.

I suppose you're not willing to tell us the specs of the computer you were running it on? (I'm guessing a Titan Xp + some Core i9) Not that it's really relevant as it's a dev computer, I'm just interested.

Slashman
x4

Post by Slashman » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 21:37

Well this may be a bit late because I totally missed all the good stuff and had to do a quick catch up with the twitch stream.

Anyway, Happy Anniversary Ego! X4 looks to be coming along in an awesome way and I'm excited to give it a try when it launches!
If you want a different perspective, stand on your head.

kujahn
x4

Post by kujahn » Tue, 26. Jun 18, 23:31

Happy birthday Egosoft. Thank you for staying true, and for holding on to your great model for making huge (X!) games. They are always a bit buggy and rough on release but maan, you just keep on refining. I never knew you before X1, Though my brother and I had a huge catalogue of games back in the Amiga days.
I hope you live 30 years more. I will always have time for you!

yimmasabi
x4

Post by yimmasabi » Thu, 28. Jun 18, 19:27

Happy birthday Egosoft.

You need some tweaks on render. What about this, put a very long FOV cone on the camera of player, add some alfa 0x0F000000 depends on the environment. So objects at the backside will be little bit darker. Render engine needs improvements.

Return to “X4: Foundations”