E3 2018

Anything not relating to the X-Universe games (general tech talk, other games...) belongs here. Please read the rules before posting.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

clakclak
x3

E3 2018

Post by clakclak » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 13:26

I think this probably deserves it's own post.

So what did you like so far?

For me as a huge Cyberpunk fan, I must admit that Cyberpunk 2077 blew me away. They somehow managed to get the oldschool Gibson vibe, sprinkle in some Richard K. Morgan when it comes to the design of the city and top it of with the coolness of Neal Stephenson's Snow Crash.

In case anyone hasn't seen the Trailer yet.
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

korio
Moderator (Español)
Moderator (Español)
x4

Post by korio » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 14:04

I really liked the xbox conference.

I think they are going in the right direction finally with that console, we will see what they are able to do with the new 5 games studios they added to their roster.

EA as expected was boring as hell.

Morkonan
x3tc

Re: E3 2018

Post by Morkonan » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 15:49

Sign in to confirm your age.

[ external image ]

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 22:14

OMG OMG OMG OMG

... ehem ... pardon me but ..

OMG OMG OMG!!!

They finally announce it. I have been worried about when they gonna announce the next Elder Scroll with the seemingly more popular Fallout franchise, and recent talk how Bethesa want to explore other idea outside the 2 flagships franchise. I know it will still gonna be many years out, but now we know it's officially in the pipeline. :)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Mon, 11. Jun 18, 22:20

Mightysword wrote:OMG OMG OMG!!!
YES YES YES!!! I was searching for such news just yesterday. :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 00:19

Need to wait until 2020 to battle Aldmeri Dominion :cry:

Maybe Cyber Punk is out sooner :D

Little disappointed on Fallout 76 ... multiplayer survival dohhh :-(

Cheers Euclid
"In any special doctrine of nature there can be only as much proper science as there is mathematics therein.”
- Immanuel Kant (1724-1804), Metaphysical Foundations of the Science of Nature, 4:470, 1786

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 04:31

Elder Scrolls VI, huh?

But, will it have cabbages?

Asking the important questions...

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 08:40

Morkonan wrote:Elder Scrolls VI, huh?

Of course it will. To not have cabbages would require a level of innovation that Bethsoft lost years ago... :wink:

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 09:48

am I missing something about the cabbage in Elderscroll? :?

Skeeve joke I get, but never heard about the cabbage.

clakclak
x3

Post by clakclak » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 12:15

euclid wrote:Need to wait until 2020 to battle Aldmeri Dominion :cry:[...]
On the hand yes, on the other hand....

If you are interested the series can be found here: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/users/ ... user+files
"The problem with gender is that it prescribes how we should be rather than recognizing how we are. Imagine how much happier we would be, how much freer to be our true individual selves, if we didn't have the weight of gender expectations." - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Post by Tamina » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 14:15

First I was very excited hearing about "Starlink - Battle for Atlas".
In short: It's a space game on consoles and PC. And you can build your own spaceships.

Until they revealed you need to buy real life toys and stick them to your controller to use them, is when I realized they are targeting a very different demographic (~8 year olds).
If at least they wouldn't limit you to small ships only.

Well Egosoft, you still have the chance to port an exclusive series to the Switch! :P
Still waiting for your E3 performance :P

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 22:29

Mightysword wrote:am I missing something about the cabbage in Elderscroll? :?

Skeeve joke I get, but never heard about the cabbage.
Cabbages are small object one can easily call up using the console. And, players have, for some reason, had great fun summoning up thousands of cabbages for crazy things. Filling up rooms, cabbage avalanches, cabbage spell storms, flooding a town with cabbages... The same goes for cheese wheels and sweet rolls, but cabbages seem to be more popular, likely because they're round and, thus, have a bit more shaky physics collisions with the environment.

BugMeister
x4

Post by BugMeister » Tue, 12. Jun 18, 22:37

there's some ace footage on Mixer.. :) :)
- the whole universe is running in BETA mode - we're working on it.. beep..!! :D :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 00:10

A quick question for those "in the know" - Will there be modding in TES VI?

And, if so, how will it be handled? (Distribution, incorporating, etc... sales?)

Aken_Bosch
Moderator (Italiano)
Moderator (Italiano)
x4

Post by Aken_Bosch » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 01:06

Morkonan wrote:Elder Scrolls VI, huh?

Cabbages officially confirmed for a following DLC, still no word if they'll feature laser-scanned models or will be implemented via procedural generation.

I've been severely disappointed by the lack of cabbages in The Witcher 3, let's just hope they'll add some in Cyberpunk.

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 01:09

As long as they have mud crabs, I'll be OK.

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 01:26

Observe wrote:As long as they have mud crabs, I'll be OK.
https://i.imgur.com/RF3x6.jpg

;)

(ie: "Horse Armor" DLC meme)

Observe
xr

Post by Observe » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 01:54

Morkonan wrote:
All is well. :thumb_up:

Morkonan
x3tc

Post by Morkonan » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 02:34

Observe wrote:
Morkonan wrote:
All is well. :thumb_up:
I... now want Crab Armor... for my mudcrabs. All of them!

This whole subject makes me want to play Skyrim again... Like it does with just about any other Skyrim fan.

Yet, when playing on the PC, I always get distracted by shiny new mods... Then, I get distracted by trying to make them work. Then, I get distracted by another shiny new mod and trying to make it work. Then I get distracted by making a mod and trying to make it work. Then, I play until I break the game because a mod wasn't working like I thought it would. :) I spend more time looking at modloaders and incorporating utilities and grapihcs enhancements than playing the darn game. (Since I broke the literal F out of my last saves over a year ago, I haven't touched the game. Not my fault! Srsly... probably.)

So, should I just go ahead and buy the game on XBox and deal with the fact that I won't have any cool mods to play around with to distract me? I understand that mods are now available on XBox... But, are the really cool ones there, too?

PS - For Skyrim modders (Hank, perhaps?)- I have long wanted to just get an empty instance up with nothing but a great deal of land and wildlife stuffs going on, just to have a place to build game elements and construct a world to tinker with, especially composing new scipts and the like without fear of stepping on game crap. I used to know how to do that, more or less, but never actually dug into it deeply, so I've forgotten it. (All my resources are toast, on a dead box atm, so would be going from scratch.) Any tips or links on how to just get a basic terrain/ecosystem up and running, without anything more than that loaded, so I can tinker with adding to it? (Yes, I know there's the dev area and one can just place things in the wild, but I want more than the dev area and don't want all the overhead of the scripts and such I'd have to tinker with. A Tabula Rasa world would be ideal.)

Mightysword
x3tc

Post by Mightysword » Wed, 13. Jun 18, 08:21

Anyone here a fan of Total War? A series that I kinda have a love/hate relationship with. Some entry I absolutely love, some I can't get into no matter how hard I try. One question has always bugged me about this series though: it did Rome and go back to it, it did Medieval and go back to it, it did Shogun and go back to it, it did Colonial and go back to it, yet given the popularity of the Three Kingdom I wonder why it never get entry. Look like it's here now:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jQX6qBi ... e=youtu.be

Look great, and have the gameplay I want too. The only skeptical point is this developer have a traditional of screwing up the entry tittle of a series very badly ... kinda like Window. Hope it won't be the case this time.

Return to “Off Topic English”