EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

Steam Acheivements
View previous topic :: View next topic
ajime

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Sun, 1. Jul 18, 15:38    Post subject: Steam Acheivements Reply with quote Print

1. Columbus
I was guning for and googled up some old posts saying you can rename empty spaces with nav beacons. Is it no longer valid? I havent tried building up stations as of yet.

2. Friends of high places
I can't seem to break 28 rep with so much mission carnage. Is there a bug or something? im continueing from campaign.

3. Not related to steam but there's a gangrene staying at invincible 10% being pounded by Xenon I in shattered singularity without a captain (i think i capped it last time because i want to collect a raptor Very Happy ) did this broke the game/mission?

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sun, 1. Jul 18, 15:56    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

1. IIRC, a beacon just fixes the Unknown Space zone in the Sector map so that it doesn't disappear if you have no ships there. Once you build any part of a player station at a build point in such a zone then you can rename it.

2. I don't think anything has changed there and you just need to persevere on rep building. You can recover just about any bad rep once you put your mind to it; normally you start by killing their enemies by their stations. At the higher rep levels, the points grind is very, very slow!

3. In earlier X games, doing a save or having another game loop interruption at a critical point in the code could result in broken or invulnerable (non-plot/mission) ships or persistent non-corporeal models. Whether that can still apply in multi-threaded Rebirth I don't really know.

RainerPrem

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Mon, 2. Jul 18, 05:48    Post subject: Re: Steam Acheivements Reply with quote Print

ajime wrote:
2. Friends of high places
I can't seem to break 28 rep with so much mission carnage. Is there a bug or something? im continueing from campaign.

There is one simple method to gain a LOT of reputation:
Spoiler

Take as many station build missions as possible. Look for repetitions (same faction, same station, same sector). Build only the first stage of the station you have most repetitions. Rinse and repeat.

This is especially easy in Devries, where only three different stations exist.

Spoiler

cu
Rainer