EnglishGermanFrenchRussianItalianSpanish

"Trading operational range" for Architects building station does not allow Galaxy
View previous topic :: View next topic
tatakau

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

Thank you for registering your game
PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jul 18, 15:31    Post subject: "Trading operational range" for Architects building station does not allow Galaxy Reply with quote Print

Campaign start.

I built the URV Forge in DeVries / Glaring Truth / Gushing Spring. It was a serious pain in the butt though, to have to order my Rahanas around manually to buy everything.

I'm starting a Crystal Supplier factory in the same zone now, but this time, I figured I'd tell the Architect to "take care of it yourself". She had me transfer a bunch of credits over to her so she could buy the materials and such, I suppose. I also transferred a container trader to her control to help build.

The problem is, the trader just sits around and does nothing. I expected the trader to run out and grab the needed supplies, but it doesn't.

So I checked the Architect's details / settings, and found that her "Trading operational range" is set to "System: DeVries". LOL, half the materials are not available in DeVries, need to switch this over to Galaxy.

But, as the post title implies, it is NOT AN OPTION. I can switch it to System, Sector, and Zone, but not Galaxy.

What's the deal? Why is it like this? Is there a mod to fix this? What's the point of assigning a trade ship to "Trade for Building" to an Architect, if it can't hop around to different systems to buy the needed materials??

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Fri, 6. Jul 18, 16:45    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

I think that is normal vanilla behaviour and also one reason why this mod was created.

RainerPrem

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 7. Jul 18, 08:03    Post subject: Re: "Trading operational range" for Architects building station does not allow Galaxy Reply with quote Print

tatakau wrote:
Campaign start.

I built the URV Forge in DeVries / Glaring Truth / Gushing Spring. It was a serious pain in the butt though, to have to order my Rahanas around manually to buy everything.

Hi,

I always considered deVries nothing else but a challenge. You can build up a functioning economy there, but it takes time and effort. At least with the newest updates, you can identify the orders easily and create trade missions for your ships.

cu
Rainer

tatakau

MEDALMEDALMEDAL

PostPosted: Sat, 7. Jul 18, 18:42    Post subject: Reply with quote Print

Alan Phipps wrote:
I think that is normal vanilla behaviour and also one reason why this mod was created.

Thanks Alan, that did the trick! The assigned trade ships now go where they need to, to buy goods!