Transitions

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

ezra-r
x4

Transitions

Post by ezra-r » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 22:08

I'm quite worried about how X4 Foundations will deal with this.

In X-Rebirth when for example ships wanted to dock with a station and deliver load they would manuver, some would take much longer than others , align and release drones with load.

This, in the case of for example a Lyranea could take as long as 25 minutes to do the whole thing from 20km away from destination, not to mention the time to undock and manuver away to be able to continue with orders.

These, although quite realistic (when ship was not making dump manuvers) added tedium to the gaming experience.

So I wonder, are transitions going to be similar in X4? Is egosoft taking a different approach?

For me, anything that takes more than 5 minutes it is already taking too long, specially if no ship is waiting in line like when many are waiting to deliver to a building CV.

Tomonor
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Tomonor » Thu, 19. Jul 18, 22:39

I could be wrong, but afaik you are only going to be able to dock with a station as an L-XL ship that has a Pier module installed. So basically, no more close proximity to stations for XL ships unless a giant pier is sticking out, which should help with their pathfinding.

Return to “X4: Foundations”