Maximum Station Outputs

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Spaceman Sublime
x4

Maximum Station Outputs

Post by Spaceman Sublime » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 22:57

After reading posts and watching videos I was wondering that, when it comes to station building, if we would be limited in the number of output products (i.e. a station complex can be built to support a maximum of 3 output products). I know there is an inclination to build mega-complexes that are as self-sufficient as possible while producing an excess of all goods. Something like this would likely require the largest plot size possible as well as smart assembly of the station components and an absurd amount of credits, but would something like this be possible in the planned system?

Kittens David

Post by Kittens David » Thu, 12. Jul 18, 23:15

interesting question... in a way you ask if we will be limited in number of modules we can add to a station. Good question.

Tamina
Moderator (Deutsch)
Moderator (Deutsch)

Re: Maximum Station Outputs

Post by Tamina » Fri, 13. Jul 18, 00:04

Spaceman Sublime wrote:[...]but would something like this be possible in the planned system?
Your title and text revolves around limiting maximum station output, then goes over the hurdle to build mega-complexes and finally you ask if "this" is possible.

If you are asking if building self-sufficient complexes is possible, this were the answers so far:
Will we be able to build self sufficient stations?
Maybe not entirely self-sufficient but you can certainly "chain" production.
can you build them wherever you want (X3) or is it limited like in XR?
You can build stations almost freely! You will have to buy/rent building places in the universe, which will be more expensive with increasing size. Thus, should motivate the player to build not exclusively in the center but also in border regions of systems.
Is the construction of stations limited in any way?
It's a connection system (similar to Lego) where you can connect station modules almost freely. There are a couple of restrictions (for example with regards to the compatibility of modules from different races) and some requirements with regads to certain module being dependent on each other, but apart from that, you're able to design your own stations.
Is there a size limit for Stations?
Yes, but it is rather big at the moment.
Can stations be designed to produce multiple products?
You can add multiple production modules doing different things.

Code: Select all

Und wenn ein Forenbösewicht, was Ungezogenes spricht, dann hol' ich meinen Kaktus und der sticht sticht sticht.
  /l、 
゙(゚、 。 7 
 l、゙ ~ヽ   / 
 じしf_, )ノ 

Sandalpocalypse
x4

Post by Sandalpocalypse » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 02:52

no station will truely be self sufficient if the raw resources are implemented like XR. at a minimum, a large station will need to support a large array of resource mining ships.
Irrational factors are clearly at work.

Seanchaidh
x4

Post by Seanchaidh » Sat, 14. Jul 18, 09:53

And if, as in XR, different zones have different resources available, then there will be compelling reasons to consider a somewhat decentralized approach.

Which is good.

nemesis1982
x4

Post by nemesis1982 » Sun, 15. Jul 18, 19:52

I'd say being forced to use a decentralized approach would be good/ok as long as inter station trade is reliable.
Save game editor XR and CAT/DAT Extractor
Keep in mind that it's still a work in progress although it's taking shape nicely.

If anyone is interested in a new save game editor for X4 and would like to contribute to the creation of one let me know. I do not have sufficient time to create it alone, but if there are enough people who want it and want to contribute we might be able to set something up.

Return to “X4: Foundations”