AP Mosquito compatibility implementation

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Raider480
x4

AP Mosquito compatibility implementation

Post by Raider480 » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 10:34

So the subject of this is really old by now, of course, but I was wondering: how exactly does Albion Prelude implement the broad compatibility of Mosquito Missiles fitting (all?) ships?

There aren't edits to all the applicable TShips entries, from what I can see (addon\03.cat having the latest version of the file), so I figure it must be through another way. Is there some fancy script/MD setup for this? Or maybe is this instead hardcoded into the AP binary itself? Is there a way I could access the system to make my own, similarly broad changes?

I'm mainly asking because of that last bit. I have a few changes I would like to make that affect a lot of different ships at once, so being able to do something like this would be a lot cleaner than having to edit every TShips entry by hand.

SirNukes
x4

Post by SirNukes » Fri, 10. Aug 18, 21:07

As far as I can tell, the SG_MISSILE_COUNTER mask bit is automatically flipped on somewhere in the exe, maybe in SA_GetShipTypeMissileMask or wherever tships is parsed.

If you just want to add new missiles globally, they can be put in the SG_MISSILE_COUNTER group to have the same compatibility as Mosquitoes.

More generally, changing a bunch of ships at once can be done programmatically. That is what I do in the Customizer tool, which has an internal framework to ease writing of transforms. You are welcome to plug in new transforms if you think that will be easier than alternative approaches. Some example missile compatibility modifications start at line 1077 here.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”