Question about porting ships from a mod

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Alacres

Question about porting ships from a mod

Post by Alacres » Fri, 27. Jul 18, 15:44

Not sure if anyone asked before, but anyways - I'm too lazy to search through thousands of topics trying to find the right answer, so here it goes.
Been looking for an answer from an experienced person. I want to port Hammerhead Frigate and Executor Cruiser from Star Wars Reborn mod (for personal use only :) :) ). I know only roughly what those ships might need from the mod files, but I do not know the process of putting it all together in a separate file (i know about false patches). In X3 Editor 2 I can see only pathways for a specific ship's .bod file but not what textures might be needed (as far as I know they use custom ones) or dummy entries etc. Quite new to that stuff. I do know about modelling and creating new meshes (been working on a little side project for past 6 years, mainly using Unity, Blender & 3Ds Max), but the structure of X3 objects seems a little alien to me. Any help would be much appreciated.
A few questions though - if a ship uses custom textures, turrets etc should I add them and their respective pathways to the new .cat?
If a ship uses custom effects for engines, how do I add that and also how to add custom weapons?
There is always that one fool who rams a Xenon J and forgets to bail out

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”