Do you use TP's or TS's as your primary factory fleet?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

All or mostly all TP's
64%
A random or semi-random mix of TS's and TP's
9%
Mostly TS's for buying and TP's for selling
1%
Mostly TP's for buying and TS's for selling
9%
All or mostly all TS's
16%

Total votes: 222

Nanook
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Nanook » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 11:42

As the poll question asks, what type of transports do you primarily use as your factory buying and selling ships? This is in regard to the proposed nerfing of TP's as polled by LV. Let's get an indication of the potential effect of any nerfing.
Have a great idea for the current or a future game? You can post it in the [L3+] Ideas forum.

X4 is a journey, not a destination. Have fun on your travels.

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 11:44

The poll by LV is completely and totally useless, 80% stupid options.

I`ve no idea how the mods can maintain that it is serious, the topic maybe, but the poll... definately not.

I use all TPs, there is no competition really...(and yes, I think they need to be adjusted)
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

Gazzareth
x2

Post by Gazzareth » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:10

All TP's except for a couple of Mercury's that I got really early on. The TS's need fixing, leave the TP's as they are !!!

From EGOSOFT's perspective:

NERF the TP's - loads of complaints (let's face it what happened after the tiny "modified" logo on the last patch.

Improve the TS's - :)

Baz_90
x2

Post by Baz_90 » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:14

All TP's..... don't even consider TS's and won't until the speed and defence is improved.

Cheers
Baz
Youth and Enthusiasm is no substitute for Age and Experience.

Captain_Elson
x2

Post by Captain_Elson » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:25

Boron Manta
Good Fast Simi-Denfendable weapons,Good Shielding. Heck all the need defended from are the darn swarming krakk.

cynric
x2

Post by cynric » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 12:59

Mantas everywhere

just started to use other ships (read TS) a few days ago, for a little diversification.

corwin77
x2

Post by corwin77 » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 13:13

TS's are terrible. The cost of extending the cargo bay is ridiculous and they can't carry passengers. What's the point? I'll stick with Mantas

b-b-q
x2

Post by b-b-q » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 13:36

Lotsa lotsa Mantas for everything, Iguanas for buying crystals, a handfull of rusty TS for autotraders.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:00

I've an all-Manta fleet. Airbus and Boeing gives out huge discounts for large volume purchases, wonder why the Kingdom End ship dealer doesn't. :wink:

beefsteaks
x2

Post by beefsteaks » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:07

Whats a TS and whats a TP and whats the difference?

Griefheart
x3tc

Post by Griefheart » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:14

TS, TP may be better, but TS just feels right. Hopefully TP are gonna get a nerf down to s/m cargo anyway (not that it would make a difference to SSP sellers anyway)

GCU Grey Area
x4

Post by GCU Grey Area » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:37

I mostly use Iguanas (+ a few Mantas for silicon/ore). How else can I get freighters which do 300+?

If TS's were bigger, faster, cheaper and/or better shielded I might consider using them. As things stand they are simply too vulnerable. Whenever I've tried using them they just get shot down by the Khaak (a pity since they are some of my favourite ships for looks).

If I had to use them instead of TP's I reckon I'd spend most of my time replacing them & listening to the "One of your ships..." message playing continuously. Not fun...

Instead of nerfing the TP's the TS's should be made a more economically viable option. That way those who have vast fleets of Mantas can continue to use them, but you stand to make more credits if you take the time to upgrade them to TS's.

beefsteaks
x2

Post by beefsteaks » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:41

Whats the difference between TS and TP class?

I thought TS was a little thing like a Dolphin, that cant carry a factoiry can it???

Is there adifferent TS class then? I though TP was the big class like a Heleflump and a Mamoooth.

beefsteaks
x2

Post by beefsteaks » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:45

Never mind it says in teh manual. The TS can carry XL though and the TP cant so they are both useful for diffrent things surely?

Baz_90
x2

Post by Baz_90 » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 14:50

Beafsteak
try here to see the differences

http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/ships.php? ... 249173129b

See the Boron Manta can carry XL as well

Hope it helps
Cheers
Baz
Youth and Enthusiasm is no substitute for Age and Experience.

Nightfish
x2

Post by Nightfish » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 15:05

I use only TPs. If I had found out about the split Iquana earlier I'd have more of those and less Mantas. Most of the time my ships don't carry more than 450 units worth of goods anyway so using a manta only makes sense for XL goods in my case. As I didn't realise that at first I have only 1 Iguana and a LOT of mantas.

I can't really think of any reason to use a TS rather than the manta. Maybe in the next patch... :)

MrA
x2

Post by MrA » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 17:27

Mantas for XL cargo & mostly Hermes for everything else.

MrA.
"Time is an illusion. Lunchtime doubly so." Douglas Adams

Brianetta
x4

Post by Brianetta » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 17:46

TPs desperately need a good nerfing, especially the Manta. I use TSs, especially in my mining business.

I have a couple of TPs hanging around in case decent missions come up (a big one and a fast one, which one depends on the number of people). They are not cargo freighters, though.
PGP fingerprint: FA3D CA2F 38D3 BA69 87E1 D52E C204 FB5C 430A 0BFA

Gnavpot
x2

Post by Gnavpot » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 18:02

Nightfish wrote:I can't really think of any reason to use a TS rather than the manta.
I can think of only one:
If you see a good selling or buying price and want to trade as much as possible in one go because trading affect prices, you may want a large cargo bay.

But of course you risk being too late for that trade when flying a Dolphin...

JackScratch
x2

Post by JackScratch » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 18:22

I use a mix of all sorts of ships including TS and TP for my factories (for example I use Split scorpions for crystal, missile and ammo buying/selling)

Still I'm of the agreement that the game needs to be adjusted so TSs can be used for their proper roles again. Ideally this should mean improvements for the TS (like higher base cargo before upgrades), and reduced sized cargo units (no L or XL) for the TPs who are only supposed to move S sized people units anyway.

But with those changes should come improvements to the TP BBS missions and other aspects of the game to make TPs more profitable in their chosen roles. Like a variation of the MKIII software that lets TPs run regular people moving routes automatically.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”