Split from X4 Teladi Osprey screenshots thread

This forum is the ideal place for all discussion relating to X4. You will also find additional information from developers here.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Malakie
x4

Split from X4 Teladi Osprey screenshots thread

Post by Malakie » Mon, 13. Aug 18, 20:56

X2-Illuminatus wrote:
Malakie wrote:
Bernd wrote:Hi there,

I just posted the first set of pictures to showcase one of our M ships:
on our facebook page

In the next few days we will show more features of this same ship.

Stay tuned!

EDIT by Linolafett:
The images are now avaliable on imgur. For those who dislike Facebook ;)

Osprey -click me-
Osprey Cockpit -click me-
Osprey Docking -click me-
Osprey Docked at station -click me-
Glad you added the links to imgur as well.. Just in case you are not aware, many of us do not use nor have facebook accounts.. I recently left twitter and google as well. Without links here, some of us would not be able to enjoy your screenshots and announcements...
Mind you, unless you totally want to block Facebook, you can still view images and posts on public facebook accounts, even without having an own account there.
Général Grievous wrote:What do you think about inside ship transporteur?
It sounds like Ego do not wants to design corridors inside ships.
This has been mentioned a couple of times already. Quoting relevant parts from the Q&A sticky:
Are we forced to walk on stations or can we control all aspects from cockpit?
Platform gameplay has been reduced in comparison to X Rebirth. However, there are new interaction possibilities on platforms, and walking will always have a real purpose, for example as part of missions.

Will some cap ships have more interior than just a bridge? E.g Carrier hangar?
Possibly some, but don't expect a full interior. We are limiting interior modelling to areas that are relevant to gameplay (and by that I mean gameplay we actually have, not potential gameplay that some people might like but doesn't actually exist in the game).

How much the internal parts / cockpit of each spacecraft will be different from each other. Specifically about the large ships (carriers and capital ships) the internal parts of each of them will be different from the other? Can we see the NPCs around these big ships doing their job?
Small ships will have cockpits that match their hull, so there should be quite a bit of variety there. We're not modelling the entire interior of larger ships.

Will we be able to fly and command capital ships? with a bridge?
Yes, you will be able to fly all ships from their cockpit or bridge in case of Capital ships.

I block all of them completely because without that, they will still track you even without an account. When I left all social media upon my return home once medically retired from the US Navy, I took all steps to do so because I had been trained in such a manner, I am very aware of what is really going on behind the scenes.. both from companies like facebook and many governments. Sadly, most people do not have the knowledge or ability to do much about it.. I do and did..

It may come across as me being overly paranoid.. but that's fine because all it is, is the internet.. I don't live online nor do I really need it for anything.. To me it's a tool like any other that offers convenience to many things, of course... But if it went poof tomorrow, I would not be bothered at all by that.. I should mention, when I came home I also got rid of my cellphone as well.. Have not had one in 3 years now.. and on that I can tell you, it is like having a huge weight off you lifted... Until it was gone, I never realize 1) how little I actually used it for phone calls, 2) how much money it was sucking out of my pocket every month ($150+ a month) and 3) how much of a pain it was always worrying about whether it was charged or if I had lost it..

I am middle aged but got my start on the Commodore 64 way back.. I would be considered an expert in real life in the computer field/engineering due to my Navy training and OJT. And yet, other than using it for convenience and fun, I refuse to integrate all this technology into my every day life. I know the new generations are going all out with this stuff... Sadly, I have no doubt the future holds a time where they may just find out how big a mistake it is to become completely reliant on technology to live every day...

Anyhow, sorry I got off on a little venting there.. LOL I won't access anything with facebook, twitter and very soon, google (still pulling my personal videos etc down and it is taking a while).
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Général Grievous
x4

Re: New Screenshots: The Teladi Osprey

Post by Général Grievous » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 18:14

Malakie wrote:
I block all of them completely because without that, they will still track you even without an account. When I left all social media upon my return home once medically retired from the US Navy, I took all steps to do so because I had been trained in such a manner, I am very aware of what is really going on behind the scenes.. both from companies like facebook and many governments. Sadly, most people do not have the knowledge or ability to do much about it.. I do and did..

It may come across as me being overly paranoid.. but that's fine because all it is, is the internet.. I don't live online nor do I really need it for anything.. To me it's a tool like any other that offers convenience to many things, of course... But if it went poof tomorrow, I would not be bothered at all by that.. I should mention, when I came home I also got rid of my cellphone as well.. Have not had one in 3 years now.. and on that I can tell you, it is like having a huge weight off you lifted... Until it was gone, I never realize 1) how little I actually used it for phone calls, 2) how much money it was sucking out of my pocket every month ($150+ a month) and 3) how much of a pain it was always worrying about whether it was charged or if I had lost it..

I am middle aged but got my start on the Commodore 64 way back.. I would be considered an expert in real life in the computer field/engineering due to my Navy training and OJT. And yet, other than using it for convenience and fun, I refuse to integrate all this technology into my every day life. I know the new generations are going all out with this stuff... Sadly, I have no doubt the future holds a time where they may just find out how big a mistake it is to become completely reliant on technology to live every day...

Anyhow, sorry I got off on a little venting there.. LOL I won't access anything with facebook, twitter and very soon, google (still pulling my personal videos etc down and it is taking a while).
Yeah, so hard today to live without all that sh**.
I really wondering to know why Ego do not add theses screenshots here. Maybe they are too busy with the incoming Gamescom.

But indeed, very hard to find a way to avoid all this tracking!
Il vaut mieux mobiliser son intelligence sur des conneries plutot que de mobiliser sa connerie sur des choses intelligentes...

Malakie
x4

Re: New Screenshots: The Teladi Osprey

Post by Malakie » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 20:59

Général Grievous wrote: I block all of them completely because without that, they will still track you even without an account. When I left all social media upon my return home once medically retired from the US Navy, I took all steps to do so because I had been trained in such a manner, I am very aware of what is really going on behind the scenes.. both from companies like facebook and many governments. Sadly, most people do not have the knowledge or ability to do much about it.. I do and did..

Yeah, so hard today to live without all that sh**.
I really wondering to know why Ego do not add theses screenshots here. Maybe they are too busy with the incoming Gamescom.

But indeed, very hard to find a way to avoid all this tracking![/quote]

What really sucks is that today, it takes more effort to block all that tracking than most people find it worth... People just say screw it instead of putting all the work in to block it all.

But even today, there is a new story out just a while ago before I logged in that pretty much backs up why I do it myself.. The FBI just put out a financial alert warning all major banks and financial institutions they have indications of a major attack on ATM's.. Apparently some intel that hackers are about to launch an imminent attack allowing them to bypass security measures and withdraw billions from accounts via ATM in real time...

https://www.rt.com/business/435897-atm- ... ttack-fbi/

Google and more links pull up for this today..

Regardless, this is a perfect example of why I am off grid and what little I am accessing is closing secured on my end.
Take it light.....

Malakie

----------------------------------------------------

Alan Phipps
Moderator (English)
Moderator (English)
x4

Post by Alan Phipps » Tue, 14. Aug 18, 22:44

Yes, a great discussion for the Off Topic forum but irrelevant to the Teladi Osprey etc in X4.
A dog has a master; a cat has domestic staff.

Return to “X4: Foundations”