Porting/adding custom ships into LU

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

tormox
x4

Porting/adding custom ships into LU

Post by tormox » Thu, 16. Aug 18, 03:54

Hi there guys.
First, thanks for your great work modding X3, it makes the game so much more enjoyable.

Anyway, I've been playing Litcube's Universe recently and I have searched, with no luck to find a guide of sorts on how to add ships into LU, i.e. Star Trek ships.

I tried extracting the ship scene from one clean-ish directory & copy the Tship entry and adding into LU. The best I managed was add a ship that wasn't named and when spawned from cheat package, it was there but completely invisible.

Any help would be much appreciated.

respaekt

Re: Porting/adding custom ships into LU

Post by respaekt » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 08:35

Trying to do the same thing: viewtopic.php?f=94&t=365706&start=13995#p4802545

Did you solve your problem?

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 11:52

Cycrow gave me a solution:
You can still use the plugin manager to install the ships. The biggest issue is the scripts that come with it.

if you go into the Plugin Manager install directory, and delete (or move) everything from the "Required" directory. This will then not install any of the required scripts, and should prevent any issues

Joubarbe
xr

Post by Joubarbe » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:50

If you manage to import a decent number of new ships into LU, consider sharing them. That's a frequent request from LU users.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Wed, 19. Dec 18, 18:31

Joubarbe wrote:
Wed, 19. Dec 18, 13:50
If you manage to import a decent number of new ships into LU, consider sharing them. That's a frequent request from LU users.
The specific ship? Or how and how many i got to work?

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Fri, 28. Dec 18, 01:33

I figured out how to port ships a year or so ago, and am still playing Mayhem with a few ships from XRM and XTC. I've basically forgotten how to do it, but if a few people are interested I'll retrace my steps. I think I actually posted about it at some point, so if you can find that post it should have most of the info. Just let me know.

EDIT:

Found it. The tutorial is a little way down in the thread. If anyone needs anything clarified or has any issues, I'll help as best I can.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=397286

vukica
x4

Post by vukica » Sun, 30. Dec 18, 11:27

Chokeslam wrote:
Fri, 28. Dec 18, 01:33
I figured out how to port ships a year or so ago, and am still playing Mayhem with a few ships from XRM and XTC. I've basically forgotten how to do it, but if a few people are interested I'll retrace my steps. I think I actually posted about it at some point, so if you can find that post it should have most of the info. Just let me know.

EDIT:

Found it. The tutorial is a little way down in the thread. If anyone needs anything clarified or has any issues, I'll help as best I can.
viewtopic.php?f=94&t=397286
Bookmarked, this should probably be indexed in the "tutorials & resources" thread, at least for LUV.
Thanks!
Split say NEED MORE FIREPOWER!!

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Sun, 13. Jan 19, 18:56

I added all the ships from the star wars mod to Litcubes and deleted the vanilla ships, games works without a problem. So its possible.
But a lot of work for a lot of ships. Most work goes into TShips editing and small text corrections.
(Also Changed the Lasers, Races, Shipnames....)

Lot of stuff to be aware of, for example if you want to add new text or change text, add it to addon>t>8383.L044.xml>below the comment "<!--Text Corrections Go Here-->". So you dont have the readtext errors.
I added textures, scene-files, part-files manually with the X3 Editors.

Right now working on Death Star textures, to get it into the game :twisted:

Chokeslam
x3ap

Post by Chokeslam » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 00:57

respaekt wrote:
Sun, 13. Jan 19, 18:56
I added all the ships from the star wars mod to Litcubes and deleted the vanilla ships, games works without a problem. So its possible.
But a lot of work for a lot of ships. Most work goes into TShips editing and small text corrections.
(Also Changed the Lasers, Races, Shipnames....)

Lot of stuff to be aware of, for example if you want to add new text or change text, add it to addon>t>8383.L044.xml>below the comment "<!--Text Corrections Go Here-->". So you dont have the readtext errors.
I added textures, scene-files, part-files manually with the X3 Editors.

Right now working on Death Star textures, to get it into the game :twisted:
How did you port the engine effects? I've ported several ships and couldn't figure out how to get the engine effects in there. Not a big problem for me personally, but it'd be nice to be able to do it.

respaekt

Post by respaekt » Sat, 19. Jan 19, 12:46

[/quote]
How did you port the engine effects? I've ported several ships and couldn't figure out how to get the engine effects in there. Not a big problem for me personally, but it'd be nice to be able to do it.
[/quote]

First: i think its almost easier to put in all ships because you dont have to search through the scene files to find the right textures, part-files and dummies&components entrys to add. You just simply add all of them.

You will definitly need the engine effect files(objects->effects->engines) and the corresponding dds/texture-files(dds).

If the Dummy's and Components entrys are already edited than that should be it.

Return to “X³: Terran Conflict / Albion Prelude - Scripts and Modding”