Erhm. What's that UFO doing here?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Helion X
x2

Erhm. What's that UFO doing here?

Post by Helion X » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 18:53

I didn't really belive there was a UFO until i saw one for myself... But what do they do around in the x universe and can u capture their ship's?? and where is that UFO base in Black Hole Sun i have heard rumors about??

cold21
x3

Post by cold21 » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 18:56

Nobody really knows what the UFO's are and what they do. Some believe that they're actually the ships the Old Ones use. Never seen one myself, nor have I found the UFO base, but I've heard plenty of rumors.

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 18:58

Just a figment of your imagination. ;)

Many other people suffer this problem as well, it is probably caused by spending too much time playing X2 without a break. ;)

Now, if you can just look this way please. :)

[ external image ]
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

grandgnu
x3tc

Post by grandgnu » Fri, 2. Apr 04, 19:35

I encountered one in Paranid Prime (or some Paranid territory). It was moving about 450 (so my 163 Nova couldn't catch it).

I don't recall it showing up red as an enemy, but it was labeled "unknown object" if I recall correctly. It took off into a jump gate and that's the only time I've seen one thus far. Tried to hail the bugger and use my scanner to get info on em, but didn't get any response or any info.

Might just be an easter egg by the developers as was said many times before, or maybe there's something more to be discovered. Whatever the case, it does keep things fresh and interesting in the game, what with all there is to discover. :)

jonbly
x2

Post by jonbly » Sat, 3. Apr 04, 00:56

When I spotted a UFO, I jumped into my Pegasus and gave chase.

I then followed the UFO (on autopilot) for around 50 sectors. (I wish I had something better to do)

It knows where the hidden sectors are, so following it is useful for that... but other than that it seems to be on a fairly random route, sometimes doubling back on itself for multiple sectors.

Eventually, random errors by the autopilot (in SETA) caused me to ram it once too often... it has no shields, so even ramming damage from a Pegasus will add up!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”