Mining using the MDS question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

duriel
x3tc

Mining using the MDS question

Post by duriel » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:32

Is there a way of knowing how much ore or silicon you can get from ming it yourself based on the yeild.

I tried the mining and only got around 13 ore from an asteroid. Is it possible to keep on destroying pieces until they are all of yeild one?

I'd planning on trying to build an empire based only on mining in my own ship and mines.

Neil

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:34

Hm.
Mining higher yield frocks gives you more resources, not lower yield ones..
If you shoot the rocks given up by the roid they blow up, and nothing else..
And you need an ore collector to pick them up, if you're saying that they appear to be too big to scoop up.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:36

I know how to collect the ore and stuff.

I destroyed an asteroid listed as having a yield or 5 and only got 13 ore from it.

I'm after knowing how do i know how much or am i going to get.

Neil

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:37

The yield is basically the minimum as far as a manual miner is concerned, the maximum is approximately three times the yield.It amounts to luck.
Also, mining Ore rocks is simply a recipe for disappointment..Silicon is the best profit.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:37

10 yield would mean you get 10 chunks with each containing 1-10 mineral each. 12=12 chunks with each having from 1 to 12 mineral each.
C.

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:45

Thanks for that info CHAZZ. Thats what i wanted to know.

Does anyone know when the asteroids respawn if there is any yeild limit on this. I've heard of people only been aware of low yeold asteroids respawning thats all.

If this is the case then i'll only take out the small ones and leave the larger yeild ones for mines.

neil

BenKanoobie
x2

Post by BenKanoobie » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:53

I just blew one of the high yeilders (64) in Ore belt with mi Mammoth and it gave me well over 1500 wafers.

The smaller chunks seem to dissappear after about half an hour as well so if you want to pull in all the goodies in time you'll need to have at least three TS's with about 1000 cargo to get them in fast enough. someone worked out that there are over 2000 wafers to be had in one of these but the last few small rocks "died" on me so I didn't get them in time (bought another TS straight after that)

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 23:03

Duriel!
My oppinion is, let the big yielders alone, until you can do big-scale mobile mining, which means: one miner(i use the Demeter, love its frontal mining mount), one TL as mobile warehouse, and SEVERAL Manta's as Ore/Silicon collectors. Else you end up with lots of silicon lost because you werent able to store everything, and when you are back, the small chunks dissolved.
One more thing: an 64-yield asteroid can produce silicon at really fast pace. I have one 64 mine in Ore belt, and it produces the silicon really fast, its cells-supplying Manta has hard time at supplying the mine with cheap cells from the AI SPP's, so i must interevene and send there 2 dolphins filled with my own cells to stock-up the mine.i have there anothe Silicon mine on an 50+ asteroid, and, i am planning to set up one cells-producing loop there (beef+cahoona+crystal fab+2 SPP, one public one Private). WIll see..
Have fun.

duriel
x3tc

Post by duriel » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 23:09

Well as this is a brand new game and i've only just fitted out my vulture been the only ship i can get currently that will take the mining weapon. I'll set up a mine near paranid space and when i can afford to as i'm planning on making my money through peiceful means and only through mining. This should get my friends with them and then i'll get myself and Demeter and then mining will be easier. I hate using the turret already and i've only destroyed one asteroid with it so far.

Neil

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”