Electromagnetic Countermeasures

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Danny669
x3

Electromagnetic Countermeasures

Post by Danny669 » Sun, 4. Apr 04, 22:43

I would like to ask if anybody would be willing to create a new ware called
Electromagnetic Countermeasures, the ware would be bought and it would either be an upgrade like the software commands, when it would be activated it would use up the shield energy, Laser energy or it could possibly require energy cells like the jumpdrive. the ware would have different levels MK1... and the MK1 version would only be able to destroy some missiles within a certain range and would use up lots of energy. the MK2 version would be able to destroy missiles from a further range and would use less energy and the MK3 would be an improvement on the MK2. I would really like to see this as an itemin X2 it doesn't have to be to the exact specification but if anybody would create this I would be most grateful.
Last edited by Danny669 on Tue, 6. Apr 04, 04:38, edited 2 times in total.

VVNZ
x2

Post by VVNZ » Mon, 5. Apr 04, 01:58

How would it be different to a turret set on missile defence if it uses a laser bay?

Shanjaq
x3

cool!

Post by Shanjaq » Mon, 5. Apr 04, 02:05

Probably, the difference would be the ECM could destroy multiple missiles within range of your ship in any direction, isntead of one at a time unreliably like the laser turret missile defence.

AalaarDB
x3tc

Post by AalaarDB » Mon, 5. Apr 04, 02:58

Sounds like a good one, it's on my backlog.

VVNZ
x2

Post by VVNZ » Mon, 5. Apr 04, 06:29

something like a psg then? But only effective against missiles. Sounds interesting anyways.

Danny669
x3

Post by Danny669 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 04:54

VVNZ wrote:something like a psg then? But only effective against missiles. Sounds interesting anyways.
it would be similar to a psg but it would not go in a laser bay and it could destroy incoming missiles from any direction rarther than just the cockpits field of view. It would also be constantly using energy of some sort when activated so you would only be able to have it on for a short time before it would turn off so that it could recharge. like rechargable batteries use them up then recharge them.

Firedancer
x3

I have yet to loose a single ship to missiles.... -nt

Post by Firedancer » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 10:00

I have yet to loose a single ship to missiles.... the small vessels are too fast to be hit, the big ones don't mind being hit (and often they are too fast too).... sounds like shooting nuclears at spaceflies to me....

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”