Hornets

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

X2 User 999

Hornets

Post by X2 User 999 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:09

Where can you by hornets?
1 Argon Mercury, 1 Argon Mammoth, 1 Boron Dolphin, 13 Boron Mantas, 1 Teladi Condor (1 Split Scorpion inside), 2 SPPs, 1 Crystal Fab, 1 Silicon Mine, 1 Cahoona Bakery, 1 Cattle Ranch

http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/
http://www.the-commander.com/x2ranks.htm

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:14

Paranid space. Equipment docks and factories.

Paranid Prime has both. :)
If you can`t dazzle them with dynamics, then baffle them with bullsh*t :D

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:19

Goddam Paranid. After capturing a few of their ships. I'm having to claw my way back into their good books and it's taking ages. When they let me dock though, I'm going to clean them out of Hornets. Then they'll become enemies again!
Bowak
1 TL, 1M6, 3M3s + others The UNCC

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:20

Bah, get yourself a factory loop set up so you can make your own then you are free to slap them about as you please. ;)

Mind you, it might be a good idea to make sure they have nothing else you need. :)

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:25

Bowak wrote:Goddam Paranid. After capturing a few of their ships. I'm having to claw my way back into their good books and it's taking ages. When they let me dock though, I'm going to clean them out of Hornets. Then they'll become enemies again!
Take out the pirate base in . . .
Spoiler
Show
Priest's Pity
That alone should give you docking rights :D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

X2 User 999

Post by X2 User 999 » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:26

thanks
1 Argon Mercury, 1 Argon Mammoth, 1 Boron Dolphin, 13 Boron Mantas, 1 Teladi Condor (1 Split Scorpion inside), 2 SPPs, 1 Crystal Fab, 1 Silicon Mine, 1 Cahoona Bakery, 1 Cattle Ranch

http://argonopedia.ppcis.org/
http://www.the-commander.com/x2ranks.htm

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Tue, 6. Apr 04, 21:30

Take out the pirate base in . . .

Priest's Pity

1 step ahead of you. I'm using it more as a free ship spawner. I destroy most of them, but any I cap take the walk of shame back to Argon Prime. I've left it with about 20% hull tho, just in case I want to take it out quickly.

If you destroy pirate bases do they respawn randomly, or is there a progression to it?
Bah, get yourself a factory loop set up so you can make your own then you are free to slap them about as you please.
Not a bad idea. I was wondering where to start messing around with loops. That sector south of cloudbase sw is promising...(can't remember it's name off hand)
Bowak

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 00:43

People buy Hornet missiles? Wow, I never though of that. I just collect them from generous pirates. ;)

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 00:46

CBJ wrote:People buy Hornet missiles? Wow, I never though of that. I just collect them from generous pirates. ;)
OI! That's my trick :)
Ferd Harling
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Bowak
x3tc

Post by Bowak » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 01:01

People buy Hornet missiles? Wow, I never though of that. I just collect them from generous pirates.
It's an inconsistent supply though. When you've used up your stock and want some more quickly it's not handy having to kill lots and lots of pirates. It's fun tho!
Bowak

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 01:03

Depends how big your stockpile is. I've collected about 120 so far, and I think I've only used about 2. :D

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 01:07

CBJ wrote:Depends how big your stockpile is. I've collected about 120 so far, and I think I've only used about 2. :D
I've got over 150 :P
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

Sir Crashalot
x4

Post by Sir Crashalot » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 01:09

Xenon Ls are my favourite source. If you hunt in the right places you can get a neverending supply. Just have a Manta set on collect all wares and go on a killing spree. :D

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 01:13

Sir Crashalot wrote:Xenon Ls are my favourite source. If you hunt in the right places you can get a neverending supply. Just have a Manta set on collect all wares and go on a killing spree. :D
Menelaus Paradise is a good source. :)
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

ShaggyMoose
x2

Post by ShaggyMoose » Wed, 7. Apr 04, 05:49

Xenon L and Pirate TS will regularly drop one or more hornet missiles when destroyed. Black Hole Sun is a currently running a "free hornet missile" promotion, curteousy of the Xenon. :D
"On behalf of our President and Senator, the Argon Federation thanks you for your assistance with this invader. In return, you get... Silkworm missile removed."

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”