Eck! KE SPP transports never live...

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mythren
x2

Eck! KE SPP transports never live...

Post by mythren » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 01:30

I thought Kingdom End was one of the safest place for Transports? I' had to replace them 3 times now (and I don't have the funds to do that...never had over 1.3 million)...I've been using Mantas with full shielding, but it's getting really expensive to keep replacing them.

Meanwhile, my Heron's Nebula SPP is turning out cash no problem, and it's transports don't even have shield generators on 'em!

Also, while we're on the subject:

I have 2 SPPs, one in Kingdom End (more of a hassle than it's worth right now, it seems) and one in Heron's Nebula. They're a bit close together, I know - where would you all suggest I go about setting up my third? I was considering Red Light, but not sure...

Any help is greatly appreciated...that SPP sure is makin' this harder though :evil: .

AngryAndroid
x2

Post by AngryAndroid » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 01:32

Red Light and Paranid Prime are good places to 'try' :)

Edit: I had problems with Kingdom End when I stayed around in the sector a lot. Since I havn't visited recently I havn't had any loses there or even any contacts.
Beating up on the Xenon.

mythren
x2

Post by mythren » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 01:42

I haven't been hanging near there though...been hangin' in Brennan's Triumph for my alternate income, capturing. Of course, I only capture 1 out of every 10 or so ships, and generally when I send it to a dock somewhere to sell it it dies on the way there (going through President's End and Elena's Fortune seem to be deathtraps for unarmed, unshielded pirate ships).

...yeah, I'm new - still kinda figuring things out :).

I'm probably going to move into Split territory and start getting faction with them, as I'm planning on buying a Dragon when I can afford it.

cold21
x3

Post by cold21 » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 01:43

Red Light is ok. It's closeness to President's End makes it a liability if it's set to more than 1 jump. Kingdom End, in my game, is the safest place. Out of curiosity, how many jumps do you have your KE SPP set to? I've just set mine to 1 to keep my transports away from more dangerous sectors. If it's costing you that much to replace transports in KE, you might just consider going for the less expensive M or S models with lower shielding. If they're getting blown up with 25mw shields, they'll get blown up with 5 mw shields anyway. What's the point in spending money on expensive shields if they're just going to get blown up anyway? Also, are you equipping them with turrets and/or fight command software? If you do, they'll actually try to go toe-to-toe with any threat that engages them, even if it's a Destroyer! Better to leave them without weapons and fight software. If they need defense, put some fighter drones in their cargo bays.

As for more locations besides KE and Herron's Neb, I have SPPs in:

Getsu Fune (as part of a supply loop for my GPPC Forge)
Interworlds
Patriarch's Keep
Red Light
Reservoir of Tranquility
Seizewell (supplying my Nav sat factory)

Check out TD's Guide for some more SPP locations.

mythren
x2

Post by mythren » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 03:46

Nav Sats...what do those do, exactly? :)

cold21
x3

Post by cold21 » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 04:10

They allow you to see all information of any sector you have one in, even if you're all the way across the universe. I have Nav Sats in locations that are strategically useful, like Argon Prime, Paranid Prime, etc. This allows me to buy ships and look at the sector for resources without having to jump in-sector or send any of my ships there. My navsat factory also turns a nice profit by selling off the navsats I don't need or use.

mythren
x2

Post by mythren » Thu, 8. Apr 04, 04:26

Ahhhh...makes sense.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”