- New working models for Xenon and Xshuttle -

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

dPM_HeMan
x3

- New working models for Xenon and Xshuttle -

Post by dPM_HeMan » Mon, 12. Apr 04, 21:31

I thought this might be interesting for you guys in the english forum.
ReiAyanami[STI] over at the german forum has made some new models for xenon and xshulttle, replacing the old ones. I made a quick translation, hope this helps :) :thumb_up: .

Download (691kb)

[EDIT]here is the link to a Xshuttle standalone version.

if you experience performance probs this might be, because the new models have no different detail-scales, so they always show up with full poly count.

i won't give you support for this, cause i've to work on my own scripts, think you understand ;) , but Rei will look after this...maybe :D
ReiAyanami[STI] wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Vision of the ships:
Xenon M5: Xenon M4: Xenon M3: Xperimentalshuttle: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xshuttle has some modified stats:
Max Shild : 3x25MW
Max Speed : ~340m/s
Max Rocket : Hornet
Max cargo : 300
cargoclass : L
Laser : Alpha,Beta,Gamma-PBK, Alpha,Beta,Gamma-EPW, Alpha,Beta-SWG, Ionendisruptor, Partikelkanone
Price (L-version : 2,4 Mio)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
create a folder in X2-directory and name it "mods"
extract Xenon.cat and Xenon.dat to that directory.
place "init.addxperimental.xml" in your "scripts"-folder of X2.
start game and choose Mod "Xenon"

Xshuttle can be bought in Argon Prime.

Download (691kb)

have fun!

Rei
Last edited by dPM_HeMan on Fri, 30. Jul 04, 11:39, edited 2 times in total.

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Mon, 12. Apr 04, 22:19

Only the M3, 4, and 5? Its really the Xenon M1/M2 that needs the fixing, badly. The Xenon M3/M4/M5 are allright in my opinion.

As said, wheres all the green on the new X-Permental shuttle? The model is excellent and all, but the blue markings replacing the green markings seem to make it look too much like an Argon vessel and not an Earthgov vessel.
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

Rei Ayanami
x4

Post by Rei Ayanami » Mon, 12. Apr 04, 22:32

RedXIII wrote:Only the M3, 4, and 5? Its really the Xenon M1/M2 that needs the fixing, badly. The Xenon M3/M4/M5 are allright in my opinion.
With the first release i just wanted to "patch" the ,in my opinion,worst looking ships,the Xperimental and the Xenon M5-M3.
I will continue on more versions of the "mod" with replacing more ships with better models (like the Xenon M1/M2 and the Pirateships)

The Problem with the Xperimentalshuttle and her missing"green" is,that in X2 is no really green-metalic-texture,and i cant just add more textures,i have to replace textures (removing one to add a new),but i'll try to "fix" this in future versions ;)

btw : you can use your normal X2-1.3-saves with this mod,because it wont change anything in the game,except for enabling the Xperimental buyable @ the Argon Prime shipyard.

Rei
Rei

D_Zorro
x3tc

Re: - New working models for Xenon and Xshuttle -

Post by D_Zorro » Mon, 12. Apr 04, 22:47

dPM_HeMan wrote:I thought this might be interesting for you guys in the english forum.
ReiAyanami[STI] over at the german forum has made some new models for xenon and xshulttle, replacing the old ones. I made a quick translation, hope this helps :) :thumb_up: .

Download (691kb)

if you experience performance probs this might be, because the new models have no different detail-scales, so they always show up with full poly count.

i won't give you support for this, cause i've to work on my own scripts, think you understand ;) , but Rei will look after this...maybe :D
ReiAyanami[STI] wrote: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Detailed Vision of the ships:
Xenon M5: Xenon M4: Xenon M3: Xperimentalshuttle: -------------------------------------------------------------------------

Xshuttle has some modified stats:
Max Shild : 3x25MW
Max Speed : ~340m/s
Max Rocket : Hornet
Max cargo : 300
cargoclass : L
Laser : Alpha,Beta,Gamma-PBK, Alpha,Beta,Gamma-EPW, Alpha,Beta-SWG, Ionendisruptor, Partikelkanone
Price (L-version : 2,4 Mio)

-------------------------------------------------------------------------

Installation:
create a folder in X2-directory and name it "mods"
extract Xenon.cat and Xenon.dat to that directory.
place "init.addxperimental.xml" in your "scripts"-folder of X2.
start game and choose Mod "Xenon"

Xshuttle can be bought in Argon Prime.

Download (691kb)

have fun!

Rei

Great job, i really liked the old Xenon models bether.

D_Zorro,

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 00:09

Theres the old X-Perimental shuttle textures in X2.

FellFromLog
x3tc

Post by FellFromLog » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 01:30

Damn that looks good. Those new Xenon ships look much better than the boxy propellor things. Keep up the good work, can't wait to see what you do next.

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 02:21

As a suggestion, consider upgrading it to 2 125 MW Shields, Mainly as, 1: This is an Earthgov vessel, duh. 2: Its stats in X-BTF Had it having 2 125 MW Shields anyway.

Plus, as an M3, it has a lot less advantage without a rear-laser.

Argonaught.
x4

Post by Argonaught. » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 02:34

Fabulous work Rei ... looking forward to seeing the reworked Xenon capital M1 and M2 :)
[MOD]X3TC No Fog / [MOD]X3AP No Fog / [MD]X3TC Menagerie Shipyard / [MD]X3AP Menagerie Shipyard
<==<<Argonaught>>==>

XBTF>XT>X2TT>X3R>X3TC>X3AP>X4F

I lurk alot for the most part now
:thumb_up:

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 02:37

I actually love the current M1 and M2, its that the models need desperate fixing.

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 14:22

RedXIII wrote:Theres the old X-Perimental shuttle textures in X2.
he's right, why not use / replace them ?

by the way, what about the "Xshuttle standalone" i told you in the german forum ? I'd like to link it here aswell :D

Firedancer
x3

Re: - New working models for Xenon and Xshuttle -

Post by Firedancer » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 18:03

dPM_HeMan wrote:I thought this might be interesting for you guys in the english forum.

amazing.... simply amazing!
And he even got the original instruments to work, which are droped so loosely on the new ship cockpits (pirate, xenon etc.)
wow....
guess Egosoft should hire him hehe ;)

razorhead
x4

Post by razorhead » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 18:07

And if i want to modify some ships in by the pck and at the same time to have this mod active is not possible coz if i load it i loose all the modifications i did :(

Firedancer
x3

hmm

Post by Firedancer » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 18:50

Razorhead wrote:And if i want to modify some ships in by the pck and at the same time to have this mod active is not possible coz if i load it i loose all the modifications i did :(

hmm it's a pitty if it didn't come with instructions for that - but if one has the model and the modder kit... it's sure not that hard to patch it to different id's....

Though I for my part won't crie a tear for the xenon vakuum propellor thingies...

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 20:34

dPM_HeMan wrote:
RedXIII wrote:Theres the old X-Perimental shuttle textures in X2.
he's right, why not use / replace them ?

by the way, what about the "Xshuttle standalone" i told you in the german forum ? I'd like to link it here aswell :D
I got the Ok now :) so here is the link Xshuttle standalone

i extracted the Xshuttle and seperated it from the Xenon files for everyone who only wants the Xperimental ship :thumb_up:

DrCBVI
x2

Post by DrCBVI » Sun, 18. Apr 04, 14:46

They look good, but are the links broken? I download the .zip to find it's an invalid file.
"I always loved saying 'space time condominium'." - Patrick Stewart.

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 17:35

DrCBVI wrote:They look good, but are the links broken? I download the .zip to find it's an invalid file.
both links ?
try a new version of WinRar to extract: http://www.winrar-rog.com/edownload/winrar.html

StarChaser
x3

Post by StarChaser » Sun, 25. Apr 04, 22:56

OK, I was browsing the X2 skrips and modding forum when I saw a topic about replacing the present Zenon ships, with the original ones.

<http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=42233>

YES!!!!! :D But then, when I downloaded it and followed the instruction for installation, it didn't work. noooooo! :cry: Well it did sort-of, the Xshutle worked, but it was not the same model as the one shown in the pick. It was way to low polly, not nearly as detailed and the engine burn was off center with the engines. Can someone help me out? I seriously think this mod will give my game the face lift it so desperately needs.

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 02:24

You may have gotten the original X-Shuttle model, which was indeed quite poor. The comment about off-center engines especially hints at that.

StarChaser
x3

Post by StarChaser » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 02:41

That's it exactly!

So, how do I get the new one and all the new Zenon ships to work :?:

dPM_HeMan
x3

Post by dPM_HeMan » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 14:45

StarChaser wrote:That's it exactly!

So, how do I get the new one and all the new Zenon ships to work :?:
1) - download the files and extract the *.cat *.dat to a folder called "mods" in your X2- directory, e.g. C:\GAMES\X2\MODS

2) - start x2.exe and press the mods button (before the game starts)

3) - choose the mod

thats it :)

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”