Anyone made a Xenon M0 script?

The place to discuss scripting and game modifications for X²: The Threat.

Moderators: Moderators for English X Forum, Scripting / Modding Moderators

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Anyone made a Xenon M0 script?

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 22:09

Just wondering... Realy like to see that thing in action. Maybe even fly it... :)
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 13. Apr 04, 22:17

Problem with the Xenon M0, is that im not sure how well, or even IF, the model works. At least docking works (if a bit odd). But weapons? Donno.

Plus, you will need to draft a entirely new set of statistics.
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

Ushiikun
x2

Post by Ushiikun » Wed, 14. Apr 04, 18:41

I heard that it doesn't have a cockpit, so you would have to add one from one of the other ships. Also, that it literally can't get out of it's own way. It will crash into the gates and other horrible things.
I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up, cause either someone has tapped a fresh keg, or something has gone desperately wrong!!
Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country!!
IYAAYAS!!!

_Christian_

Post by _Christian_ » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 12:37

The only Xenon M0 I ever saw was the one I destroyed in the original X game, and that was a huge mother.

So yes, I do not think that it would fit through a gate as it was, but it should be possible to scale it down to fit.

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 12:45

Hmmm... I've been dabbling a little with the tships type thingy, and I notice that the Xenon M0, though present, hasn't got any bloody guns. At all. Or a cockpit.

"And what is the use of a Battleship," thought Alice, "without big ****-off lasers?".

Since I've never attempted anything like modding/scripting/whateverthehellyouwanttocallit before, could someone tell me if there is a guide to editing ships weapon hardpoints, or soemthing similar? I'm kind of flying blind at the moment; it was a pain the arse just figuring out the X2tool (thats how bad I am :) ). Any help would be greatly appreciated.
According to Johnny Cash: "There will be peace in the valley, for me, some day."

I remain sceptical...

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 12:54

The thing is, I beleive modifying weapon hardpoints/docking hardpoints requires access to the model files, and since im no modeler, Its rather difficult to do that.

Giant Wasp Face
x2

Post by Giant Wasp Face » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 13:03

Oh well, that knackered that idea. May as well not have bothered...

TISH AND FIE TO IT, THEN! :evil:

I remain sceptical...

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Thu, 15. Apr 04, 13:16

Well that and, for some odd reason, the M0 model in X2 just does not seem that big. The Argon collossus seems a whole lot bigger.

Return to “X²: The Threat - Scripts and Modding”