Wasp Missile Factory in Argon Prime?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

mdrailer
x3

Wasp Missile Factory in Argon Prime?

Post by mdrailer » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 14:57

Has anyone else put one in Argon Prime and what did you set your selling price at? I just placed one there.

Sadly though the poor Paranid Herc paid the price for it. Argon One took him out after he dropped my station. I was suprised to see them going at it.

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 15:03

Never put one there but why would Argon 1 take out the paranid TL? Did you record it for posterity (i.e. target it and then press F1 until you are watching it???)
The thing is...there is no thing.

mdrailer
x3

Post by mdrailer » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 15:13

Well the only way I knew anything that had happened was I was running cover for and had two big khaak clusters in Home of light so I decided to take them out. Well the Herc went on its merry way. when I got done I saw the herc wasn't in home of light anymore so I went to check my property list to see if it had arrived at the position I wanted. Well when I checked it was gone. I thought oh no what happened. I panic. So I reloaded from my last autosave. Thankfull it was while he was in Home of Light. I lost my police license because of a stupid nova crossed my gun stream while I was on a khaak.

Anyway, this time I followed it through the gate and as soon as it was through Argon prime was near the south gate and I could see it firing on the herc. this time I kept sending the move to position command to the herc as it was engaged also fortuately I had a couple pirate ship that came through behind me and distracted argon One long enough for me to get the Herc to a location where he could unload his frieght. All of his fighters where engaged with argon One at the time. Once he unloaded he started to leave the sector and I watched argon finish him off before he made it to the gate. I just couldn't believe what I was watching.
I was just glad in the end that I got my station unloaded first.

Timbuk2
x4

Post by Timbuk2 » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 15:52

I've had a similar experience.

I used a Paranid Herc to carry a couple of fabs up from Paranid Prime into Herrons Nebula.

This took the Herc through Argon Prime. The Herc just disappeared completely as I was OOS until the Herc reached its destination. Couldn't figure out why the Herc disappeared so reloaded from savegame and followed it. As soon as the Herc reaches Argon Prime, the cap ships there (not just Argon One) went straight for the Herc and attacked it remorselessly.

It seems the Paranid and Argon have a bit of history. They take offence to each other's capital ships passing through their space.

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 15:54

That I have to see :) I am going to do this ASAP :lol:
The thing is...there is no thing.

mdrailer
x3

Post by mdrailer » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 15:59

The herc I hired was Trinity Sanctum.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 16:33

If that happens to me, I'd probably just take Argon One out. :twisted: Seriously I'm going to try this. :D

Ushiikun
x2

Post by Ushiikun » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 16:39

Except you can't "take Argon One out," unless you use a script because it is indestructable.
I am a bomb technician, if you see me running, try to keep up, cause either someone has tapped a fresh keg, or something has gone desperately wrong!!
Providing the enemy the opportunity to die for his country!!
IYAAYAS!!!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 17:02

He said the Argon took out the Paranid.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 17:11

Ushiikun wrote:Except you can't "take Argon One out," unless you use a script because it is indestructable.
Oh yea forgot about that... too bad.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”