CTD bug - Squash mines & non-CTD fighter drone problem

Ask here if you experience technical problems with X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-Tension or X-Beyond The Frontier

Moderators: timon37, Moderators for English X Forum

dapperchap
x2

CTD bug - Squash mines & non-CTD fighter drone problem

Post by dapperchap » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 19:30

Hi,

Probably reported before (but didn't turn up in the quick search I did):

I have v1.3 and am currently flying around in a Nova...

CTD issue:

I drop a couple of Squash mines around a jump gate just to make things interesting for whoever is passing by...

Now:

a. I activate them but, even though ships are flying close to them (<5km), they don't detonate.

b. If I deliberately set detonation of all mines in a sector, when I escape from the arming screen, I get a crash to desktop.

With respect to fighter drones:

I launch some figther drones and tell them to protect me. I then decide that I want to jump to another sector - I had to leave them behind like Huey Duey or whatever. So, when I jumped, the screen went v. dark green..before I got a warp tunnel, then another v. dark green screen.

I could hear sounds when I pressed keys but only a CTRL L reload got me out of it.

Some more for 1.4, methinks.

Cheers,
Dapper

dapperchap
x2

Post by dapperchap » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 19:33

Oh, and another thing. Sort the copy protection out - its a joke. I'm very often tempted to sling the CD through the window sometimes.

That kind of thing doesn't really leave me in the sort of mood to go out and purchase other egosoft titles. In fact, it's the old chestnut - somebody spent about a femtosecond selecting the copy protection scheme which is something you come into contact with every single time you play it....

Dapper

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 20:12

IIRC the copy protection isn't from Egosoft.

What? Don't like the [ external image ] screen?

Robocat
x2

Post by Robocat » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 20:13

dapperchap wrote:Oh, and another thing. Sort the copy protection out - its a joke. I'm very often tempted to sling the CD through the window sometimes.

That kind of thing doesn't really leave me in the sort of mood to go out and purchase other egosoft titles. In fact, it's the old chestnut - somebody spent about a femtosecond selecting the copy protection scheme which is something you come into contact with every single time you play it....

Dapper
I'm sure someone else will reply to this as well but Egosoft have no control over the copy protection scheme used. This entirely down to the publisher and their choice of software.

If you have a complaint then I would take it to them directly - there are some links at the top of the Tech Support forum if you're having difficulties.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 20:16

If you are running a UK version, this post might well help :wink:
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Return to “X³: Reunion, X²: The Threat, X-T and X-BTF - Technical Support”