Possible UFO! Sighting Please Confirm!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

(/\)arped
x4

Possible UFO! Sighting Please Confirm!

Post by (/\)arped » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 21:46

Possible UFO SIghting in sector Blue Profit (Teladi) I'n not sure what it was 'cos it came up with 'Unknown Object' on my scanner. (Not Unknown ship.) I have a pic, but I don't know how to attatch it to a mail to a forum. :oops: (Please Help?)
Last edited by (/\)arped on Mon, 19. Apr 04, 21:49, edited 1 time in total.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 21:47

Yes, there is a UFO in the game.

JF James
x3tc

Post by JF James » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 21:56

Saw it in Shareholder's Fortune, unfortunately it was travelling at about 450 m/s ... so it got away through the jump gate. Long gone by the time I went thru.

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 21:59

Exact same speed for me too. Sadly I was in an Argon Nova. Great.(WOO! 164m/s! Tear up the road. Errr... space. That's not possible, is it?)

raliel
x2

Post by raliel » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 22:02

this UFO is one of the games great mysteries...... I have seen it several times on my travels.......try following it in a Paranid M5 you never know where it will take you! :wink:

raliel
x2

Post by raliel » Mon, 19. Apr 04, 22:06

.........By the way.... to attatch an image file to a post you must first upload it to a website somewhere....and then use the img(image url adress)img button agian! Imagesize on the Xuniverse forum is limited to 50kb for bigger images go to the Creative Universe forum

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 00:18

i once got bored and folowed a UFO for about 20 min in a Pegasus, they just fly around in very big circles. boring. no combt bonus for the kill either :twisted:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

S VIIC/41
x2

Post by S VIIC/41 » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 00:22

.........By the way.... to attatch an image file to a post you must first upload it to a website somewhere....and then use the img(image url adress)img button agian! Imagesize on the Xuniverse forum is limited to 50kb for bigger images go to the Creative Universe forum
I suggest zippyimages.com. They're mainly for avatars and sig pictures, which is just what kind of remote-link allowing host I needed.

No more abusing deviantart.com :wink:

|karus
x3

Post by |karus » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 00:25

I killed a UFO the other day and my standing with the goners dropped from 19% accepted member to 18%. So they are either goners or good friends with them :) Makes sense as they show up as goner ships on the radar.

Edit: typo

|karus
x3

Post by |karus » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 00:30

I suggest zippyimages.com. They're mainly for avatars and sig pictures, which is just what kind of remote-link allowing host I needed.

No more abusing deviantart.com :wink:
Thanks man, great site :D

raliel
x2

Post by raliel » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 00:57

as it happens deviantart does not let you link to images! (which is a very good thing :wink: ) So I have been using my own webspace for uploading images for here on.....I will go have a look at the site you recommended though!

White Tiger
x2

Post by White Tiger » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 05:55

I saw something very strange in one of the Unknown sectors that may explain the origin of the UFO's and thier purpose in the game. But I am not going to reveal what it was. I took a screenshot of it for future reference. Look and you may also spot it too. Hint: it is NOT a ruined or broken gate. :wink:

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 06:03

I saw one in P.E. tonight, My 1st sighting of a UFO. I tried to get my perseus to follow it, but it was so quick I lost it. :(
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Rheinmetall
x2

Post by Rheinmetall » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 12:17

I spotted one last night. The weird thing was that it had damaged hull. I had hard time keeping up with Orinoco.
-Aika kuolla maan asukit! Teistä tulee hotdogmolekyylejä.-
"Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds"

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 12:38

they dont normaly have a damaged hull, the stupid thing prob flew through a hull eating nebula. but thats a ufo alright. almost expect roswell aliens to answer the comm.....
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

RedXIII
x2

Post by RedXIII » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 12:39

Whats all the fuss about UFOs?
Dimensional Navigator Nanaki, Terran Empire

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Tue, 20. Apr 04, 13:10

Because they seem to serve no purpose. Which is odd.
I spotted one about 3 hours into the game IIRC.
Found it again MUCH later flying into Split Fire. So I quickly bought a Paranid M5, called it S.E.T.I and asigned it to follow the UFO. The M5 got toasted in Pres End though, and I couldn't be bothered chasing the UFO again.
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”