Boron "secret" sector most obvious secret ever?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Boron "secret" sector most obvious secret ever?

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 04:43

:lol:

I had to laugh at this one. I had no idea the Boron even had a secret sector but I was exploring and switched to the universe map to read the current sector's description. It said the Boron had a hidden gate to a secret military base somewhere in the sector. Cool! Thought I, thinking it was probably just fluff...

Then I noticed about three hundred Dolphins all in a wonderful line pointing directly to an almost invisble asteroid with - the hidden gate behind it. D'oh....they may as well have just put up a big sign saying "Secret gate - this way"....

Same with the Argon listening post. Secret? OOh? What's that massive asteroid a gazillion miles away from the rest of the sector buried in a very obviously "put there to hide something" nebula... :twisted:

Playing Morrowind I was always thorough at searching places. In that game you could find a magic sword hidden inside a tree-trunk in the middle of nowhere or a stash of coins behind a bed. It paid to be thorough. X2 is just like Morrowind in space...I guess old habits die hard :D

Hey, at least it wasnt just fluff like Elite used to do.... :thumb_up:

Sesshomaru
x2

Post by Sesshomaru » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 05:09

Sorta, but I seem to remeber finding an arrow that did 5000 damage in that tree trunk... and have yet to find any large caches of weaponry in asteroids... I want to find my X equivalent of a Daedric Face of God!!

But you do bring up some simalarities between the two games. I seem to remember being able to destroy everything in the game just as easily in morrowind as in X2...

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 05:24

Yeah, it's a 5000 point drain health ebony arrow. It's hidden in a tree trunk behind
Spoiler
Show
Thirsk Meadhall
Too bad the sword that's in the tree trunk directs the poison effect at you, but the chameleon effect at your enemy. I used it for a little while till I discovered that, then I switched back to handy-dandy Goldbrand, the Legendary Sword of Daedric Prince Boethiah! Damn that sword is good...Anyway, in Morrowind it truly pays to explore the various caves and dungeons. My dad has explored almost every cave and dungeon. He found the Vampire Ring in the tower of Ald Redaynia. And, there's nothing more spectactular in any game except seeing the Dwarven Ruins near Uvirith's Grave. I was in awe when I first saw it: A giant Dwarven castle made of bronze and gold, standing on a huge rock outcropping in the middle of a lake of lava. The bridge to it guarded by two statues of ancient Dwarven warriors. But, on the inside, it's surprisingly small. Morrowind is a great example of how looks can be deceiving.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Sesshomaru
x2

Post by Sesshomaru » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 05:37

Ill say, I enchanted my silly Orc warrior's pants and shirt so heavily that he is always invisible... Oh, and he has a strength of 255.. You can't judge a book by its cover in that case because, well, there is no cover! 8)

Morrowind does have the custimization feature which is lacking in the X universe, though, I imagine it would be hard to balance. Still, I think it would be fun to enchant your lazers... Hrmm... Morrowind in Space TC anyone?

Grox
x2

Post by Grox » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 05:39

I had to laugh at this one. I had no idea the Boron even had a secret sector but I was exploring and switched to the universe map to read the current sector's description. It said the Boron had a hidden gate to a secret military base somewhere in the sector. Cool! Thought I, thinking it was probably just fluff...
what sector would this be?

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 08:10

Depths of Silence, west of Dark Waters.

Omicron
x2

Post by Omicron » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 10:10

man, i wanna play MW again now!!!
Animated signature removed - Abyss
[ external image ]

vonstalhein
x2

Post by vonstalhein » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 16:10

X2 would probably ACTUALLY be the perfect game if it incorporated some morrowind elements into it, sorted out weapon balancing and collisions. Well, ok, there's plenty more to go before perfect, and MW was certainly lacking in a LOT of areas...here's to X2 eventually becoming perfect eh!

Spero
x3

Post by Spero » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 16:19

Ill say, I enchanted my silly Orc warrior's pants and shirt so heavily that he is always invisible... Oh, and he has a strength of 255.. You can't judge a book by its cover in that case because, well, there is no cover!

Morrowind does have the custimization feature which is lacking in the X universe, though, I imagine it would be hard to balance. Still, I think it would be fun to enchant your lazers... Hrmm... Morrowind in Space TC anyone?
You never discovered santuary did you? Bit of an exploit really 'cos 100% santuary makes you immune to physical attacks!

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:07

That's physical.What happens when your enemy flings some ungodly huge fireball at you? :lol:
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:33

the king in tribunal has a ring of 100% reflect :) (constant effect)

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:35

Hehe, I made one of those myself.Cost a ridiculous amount of money though..I have an obsessive-compulsive attitude to collecting Exquisite Rings :lol:
And besides, drain(or was it absorb?) health on a weapon bypasses BOTH 100% sanc and 100% Reflect, iirc.
(\_/)
(O.o)
(> <) This is Bunny. Copy Bunny into your signature to help him on his way to world domination.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:42

Doringo wrote:Hehe, I made one of those myself.Cost a ridiculous amount of money though..I have an obsessive-compulsive attitude to collecting Exquisite Rings :lol:
And besides, drain(or was it absorb?) health on a weapon bypasses BOTH 100% sanc and 100% Reflect, iirc.
No, it doesn't. The only advantage Absorb Health has is that when it gets reflected back onto you you end up absorbing some of your own life and then giving it back to yourself, so it APPEARS as if the spell wasn't reflected back onto you when in fact it was.

Doringo

Post by Doringo » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:46

I'll go make a 2 hp monster with 100% reflect and 100% sanctuary then and see if my Health-absorbing Katana still works.. :o
(\_/)
(O.o)

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 17:49

Wow...now that's what I call a hijacked thread.... :D :D 8)

Morrowind is a freeform, do as you like, go where you want, no restrictions game. X2 is almost the same, in some ways it feels just like playing Morrowind. I would say that X2 is an order of magnitude harder than Morrowind since it was gallingly easy in that game to become super rich very quickly and thats just playing by the rules. X2 it isnt so clear cut (IMO).

One thing missing from X2 that was in Morrowind is a construction set. That would make X2 fantabulous.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 19:46

Doringo wrote:That's physical.What happens when your enemy flings some ungodly huge fireball at you? :lol:
You know there's a trick in Morrowind that works against every elemental magic attack? When they throw a ball of fire/lightning/frost at you, you fire an arrow at them, or throw a huge elemental ball back at them. When these two objects collide in the air, they explode, producing a huge ball of bright elemental fire in the air. This doesn't hurt either person, unless they're within the magical effect's radius. Handy trick for Morrowind when facing an immensely powerful wizard, like if you're trying to kill Divayth Fyr.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 20:54

Egads, their everywhere! when i first got morrowind and mentioned it to either someone i knew or in a forum, i was always met with
what the hecks morrowind?
, except in the morrowind forums of course. it was like it didn't exist out side of elderscrolls.com. now everybody seems to have it! anyway, cut a long story short, i'm happy that there are non-elderscrolls.com people who have it.

*EDIT* Nothing like a useless, bandwidth-wasting ramble, eh?

*EDIT no.2* while we're on the subject, let's make some blindingly obvious comparisons. <ahem> 1. X2's world editor sucks compared to morrowind's. 2. ...

*EDIT 3* <thinks to self how much standard grade revision he should be doing> have any of you ever gone into TES and made, say, a 0.01kg ring of 100pt feather because you got so fed with having loads of items that you can't carry or something?

X2 THREAT

g

Post by X2 THREAT » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 21:29

Omicron wrote:man, i wanna play MW again now!!!
me 2
X2: THE THREAT RULL THE GALAXY!!!

Sesshomaru
x2

Post by Sesshomaru » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 21:56

Yea... Hey, did you get the shock darts off of the shock centurions in Tribunal? Those things were like missles. I saved once, and exterminated every living creature I found with them... and actualy, X2 is almost equally easy to ge way too overpowered in. Take my bayamon, I just took out 3 Xenon sectors in it.... Yea, damn, I never realised how clost the two games are.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sat, 24. Apr 04, 22:21

I used to go on Elderscrolls.com all the time and visit the forums. It was my homepage. But my dad kinda indirectly discouraged me from playing Morrowind. He couldn't beat Dagoth Ur at the end, so I had to do it for him. He also told me all about the storyline, but I still think I don't know all of it. And he explored just about every dungeon/cave, he has all the goodies
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”