Omicron Lyrae mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

x2newbie1
x3

Omicron Lyrae mission

Post by x2newbie1 » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 05:40

What are you suppose to do here? I tried hitting those things that send an energy beam to the mothership, but they don't blow up even when it has no shield or hull left. What're you trying to destroy here?

Darkhold
x4

Post by Darkhold » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 06:13

Spoiler
Show
You have to line up correctly at the nav points. This will be hard because of the rotation of the station. I used an M5 because it was too hard to do with the M6. I waited until the nav spot rotated close to me then flew in quickly. Then you'll have to pull back and destroy 'weak' spots on the station. These too will rotate and may be hard to hit. Then you have to dock at the nav point again. Good luck.

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 06:43

Darkhold wrote:
Spoiler
Show
You have to line up correctly at the nav points. This will be hard because of the rotation of the station. I used an M5 because it was too hard to do with the M6. I waited until the nav spot rotated close to me then flew in quickly. Then you'll have to pull back and destroy 'weak' spots on the station. These too will rotate and may be hard to hit. Then you have to dock at the nav point again. Good luck.
Ok, thx. That's gotta be the most irritating mission thus far.

x2newbie1
x3

Post by x2newbie1 » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 07:22

x2newbie1 wrote: Ok, thx. That's gotta be the most irritating mission thus far.
Wow, I can't believe that's also the *last* mission in the storyline! I thought we were just getting into the story and it ended abruptly.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 07:43

x2newbie1 wrote:
x2newbie1 wrote: Ok, thx. That's gotta be the most irritating mission thus far.
Wow, I can't believe that's also the *last* mission in the storyline! I thought we were just getting into the story and it ended abruptly.
Yea, feels like Egosoft ran out of either deadline or budget!
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

maestro4202
x3

Post by maestro4202 » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 08:39

Darkhold wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Lol, ya when he was like 'im in postion' I was like what the hell are you talking about? I wanted to say 'good for you' :x
Spoiler
Show
How many weak spots are there? What weapon did you use?

Von Thoma
x2

Post by Von Thoma » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 11:09

... wait ... what ?

That is the last Mission ?
No not really ... just got that message to go to Argon Prime to Argon One for that special party :-( and that they will start when I am there, so I decided to look for my industries as they still didn't work, how expected.

And still my best ship is that full equiped Nova M3 ...
and around 22 factories, with 60 Ships all in Ore and I only built them, because I thought I would need them to support my needed fleet !

So what is the reality, that %&/&%$ easy mission was the last one.
(As when I played it, I have seen that big ship and was flying straight there, without disturbance ... even was flying around inside of that ship. Than flying to two points, shooting around 6 rotating points (no one defended it really) and than, after it exploded I cleaned all other red ships in that sector and now that invitation to that party ...)

But I have found at least 4 other unknow sectors, strange abonded stations, one more gate in an "hull eating" fog, hidden stations but nothing of this seems to be integrated into the game, everything feels like the connected link is missing ... so I thought all that things will be integrated because of the mission ... and now that

So my question, is/was that the last mission ? ANd I have finished the game, without knowing it ?

THX

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 12:43

When you've been to "the party" you'll see that it's the end.

Von Thoma
x2

Post by Von Thoma » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 13:01

So thx,

that's it ... but the threat is still there !

Okay so pjknibbs please tell me that there will be ADDOn Missions (a lot of them, there is still so much explore but please give them live and don't spoil it like EVE Online, has done it) for X2-The threat.

So today at evening I will go to that party and watch the last video and extro ...

but I will wait there in the universe, that it will continue ...

Of course, you will say, make it on your own ... but come on, really boring, why should I build up more of that factories and kill more of that Khaak or others ? To have a bigger ship and so on ? It would be only a matter of boring time in that universe and WITHOUT SURPRISE as all people, who could handle save and load proper will WIN every computer game in that world. Not really a challenge, as the challenge consist for me to have (play) an interactive book, it would not make sense, when a book is finished to write his own story, where you are the big dictator, emperor, mogul, hero ... BECAUSE THE UNIVERSE ISN'T REALLY REACTING what you are doing.

SO okay I will save after the party and leave the universe of X2 and wait until there is new things ...

AND PLEASE EGOSOFT and Dev, make it more mystical ..

Anyway, spent lot of time to explore and figure things out, so it was worth of the money.

Okay where is the next plot :-)

Bye and see you there ...

masterkim
x2

End game

Post by masterkim » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 14:17

There is more info about the stages of the game and the last mission
in the 'Dont Panic....' guide, this is useful stuff, it does show other's
have thought the same about this game (me too). :twisted:
Vader is more machine than man twisted & evil.

X-it
x3

Post by X-it » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 16:09

Von Thoma wrote:Okay so pjknibbs please tell me that there will be ADDOn Missions
Ok, I'm not pjknibbs (last time I checked), but I can tell you that there will be more missions in the expansion pack scheduled for release later this year.
ASUS A8R32-MVP DELUXE
AMD Athlon 64 X2 4400+ 2.2 Ghz
OCZ 2048MB Dual Channel Platinum Edition RAM
WD Raptor X 150GB SATA 16MB 10000RPM
Radeon X1900XTX 512MB PCIe 16x
SB Audigy 2 ZS
Lian Li Miditower PC6070BSCAND w/Hiper R580W PSU
Win XP Pro SP2 w/MS dual-core CPU hotfix

Rug
x4

Post by Rug » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 16:31

I'm not sure that was 'mystical' enough ...

How about - < Put's on clairvoyant style voice >

That is the end of the storyline, but rumours persist of further developments to come. Though there have been no official dates, or even confirmation that such an expansion exists, the rumours refuse to die.

Whether this will be before or after the fabled multiplayer version is not clear ...

Nyax
x3tc

Post by Nyax » Mon, 26. Apr 04, 19:52

That is the end of the storyline, but rumours persist of further developments to come. Though there have been no official dates, or even confirmation that such an expansion exists, the rumours refuse to die.

Whether this will be before or after the fabled multiplayer version is not clear ...
And remember, the Farce will be with you... always.

James Bland will return

To be (hopefully) continued

etc. etc. :)

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”