A couple of questions... (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Anasha
x2

A couple of questions... (POSSIBLE SPOILERS)

Post by Anasha » Thu, 6. May 04, 16:09

I've been playing X2 for a while now and although thoroughly enjoying it, I do have a couple of questions:

1. After using the 1.3 patch I've started recieving random messages about craft lost in Kha'ak territory. I've flow/jumped to the sector and found the ship but don't know what to do next. So far I've flown in close, captured it (but been able to get it out of the sector alive), attacked it - leaving it as an enemy but the only way I can get the "What?... Pilot dead?..." message after jumping out of the sector is by destroying it so that there's no data storage device left! What do I do?

2. The other day I noticed a UFO on one of the regular sectors. It came up on the radar as a green blob, much like the goner ships but on closer inspection, looks like a classic flying saucer. I had some trouble getting close, 'cos it flys at 450, but when I blew it up my Goner rating went from 0 to 95% trusted friend. So my question is: what is it and CAN I CAPTURE IT?

Any help would be much apreciated.

(Edited title to include spoiler warning--PJK)

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 6. May 04, 17:12

no answers, im afraid, but no.2 is weird - i thought goner rating went down when you killed ufos?
Last edited by Deleted User on Thu, 6. May 04, 17:12, edited 1 time in total.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 6. May 04, 17:12

I'm not sure I understand your first question. The DSD is just floating free in space, ready to be picked up--no ship needs to be destroyed or captured to get it.

As for no. 2, the UFO is just a device for provoking comment on message boards, and you've just proved once again how effective it is. :-)

Sixxshooter
x4

Post by Sixxshooter » Thu, 6. May 04, 18:21

Darth753 wrote:no answers, im afraid, but no.2 is weird - i thought goner rating went down when you killed ufos?
His rating probably went down from goner preacher to trusted friend for something like that.

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 6. May 04, 18:39

my rating seems to go down when i shoot a UFO

there seems to only be ONE ufo at any one time.... is that true?
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Anasha
x2

Post by Anasha » Fri, 7. May 04, 01:36

Ok I've double checked... My rating has definatly gone from Goner Accepted member 0% to Goner Trusted friend 95% after blasting one of the bastards. To be fair there seems to be a lot of discrepancy between fellow gamers: the number of times I've seen comments like "well, I don't know what game YOU'RE playing, but..." so that's Ok.

I really want to suss out what I'm supposed to do in Kha'ak territory though. Just lying around you say? My first attempts were all using the massive war map so it's possible that I put all the hard work in then and havn't checked the sector properlly since starting on the regular war map.
But let me get this straight: If (for example) you're told there's a Nova lost in (X) territory, then the data storage device should simply be floating around next to it? The only things I've found so far ar the unknown objects that I can only assume are beam weapons. It's annoying 'cos I reacon you should get a big shiney medal for flying through 3 Kha'ak sectors and coming back out again alive, but so far I've got F@#k all!

DJSoulJammer
x3

Post by DJSoulJammer » Fri, 7. May 04, 02:32

O K .
I think i have got what you meant in your first question
This is mission when you got Boran M2 to jump in Kraak sector to pick up Data from the ship and ther is next to ship debri ,containers whit data and you have to pick it up and return to same station i think is Quantum Tube Fab in sector Rolks Drift ,wher you have to give it beck your M2 which is was rented only for this mission and finish this mission is to give the data you have got in kraak sector .
Ship inside of Kraak sector you can not pick up the ship becouse is distroyed .
Sec question is actualy i don't have any idea on UFO ships ,they are for my taste cool and i never kill any og them ,and they are damn fast .
I think this first is what you mean <-- I think . :gruebel:
I don't think diferent ,..... i think same , just in diferent way .... :)

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Fri, 7. May 04, 02:49

The bad dudes are called Khaak, and could you plese use a spoiler tag.

Cheers Euclid

CHAZZ
x3tc

Post by CHAZZ » Fri, 7. May 04, 02:50

Yeah, yesterday i finally was in the mood to follow the darn UFO along. 'WE" started in Menelaus Frontier, went all the way to barren shores, then Priest refuge, Sacred Relic, Interland, Xenon Sector Fourseventytwo,Thyns Abyss etc. In short, it is performing a sort of 'galaxy tour' over an over, in circles. Funny thing is, the xenon are totally ignoring him, but they were happily shooting at me.
Darn UFO's and those Sneaky Goners. Those hooded guys are cooking something nasty, i'm telling you!I wouldnt be surprised if they were cuddling with the Aliens or even the Xenons!
Chazz.

BradThorn
x2

Post by BradThorn » Fri, 7. May 04, 10:14

euclid wrote:The bad dudes are called Khaak, and could you plese use a spoiler tag.

Cheers Euclid
well at least he put it in the title :P :D

Anasha
x2

Post by Anasha » Fri, 7. May 04, 15:38

Ok, my appologies if I've given anything away, but to be honest I don't see how what's been written so far contains a spoiler:
Spoiler
Show
First off the UFO caught me completely by suprise: I've no idea who they are or what they do.

Secondly, either you're playing the regular X2 package in which case the question about the Khaak mission will have no relevance (but may leave you a little confused), or you're using the 1.3 patch with regular/massive war map in which case you should have recieved such a mission at an eary stage.

In any case I still don't know what to do in the given Khaak sector. To be clear, this isn't the standard mission featuring the Boron Hydra on loan from the Boron Boffin, but a similar randomly generated mission recieved only after installing the patch and using the modified war map. Is there a specific forum for these sorts of questions 'cos I havn't found it yet?

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Fri, 7. May 04, 17:42

if you're playing the massive war mod, try asking questions about it in the Scripting/Mod forum?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”