herm - problem? *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Duriel_LOP
x4

herm - problem? *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:03

hello! Im new here :P umm, bought the game some days ago and im a fair way in the storyline.

*POSSIBLE SPOILER, newbies dont look if you dont want surprise ruined* :P

I'm up to the part where you fly through all the unknown systems with the Khaak. Now with my forthought, I loaded a adv Satellite onto my M5 to put onto the Boron ship that you get. Once loaded and ready to jump, I jump. I enter the system and immediately deploy the satellite, then I searched through the sector map, and find what im looking for. Now in the walkthrough it says you go through 5 unknown systems? I only had to go thru one. After retrieving the data, I return and get into my M5 and return to the station. Kho talks to me, and then tells me about the Ban Danna thing. I said I would go talk to him, get into my centauri cruiser, and fly around in the system for a bit, then I recieve the message from Danna, then Kho talks to me and thats it. Nothing else happens, when I ask a person thats friendly for directions, it is asking for directions to the quantum tube lab, not Omnicron Lyrae. It seems to be stuck, any help, suggestions? I have a save that i can go back and do the unknown thing all over again btw. any help would be appreciated

Duriel

Darkireland
x2

Post by Darkireland » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:09

Have you checked your map ? it might be on the map then just jump to the gate ban the man told you

not sure though because i had that area explored before doing the mission
Flagship : Enterprize Argon titan
System defence 1 m2 + 5 * M6's
Transports : 2 TL's "Dark star" and "Republic" + 245 Tp/Ts class ships + 6 mk3 trader grade 25 to 13
75 : factorys

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:12

oh yeah forgot to add, Ive already been to Omnicron Lyrae, and ive even jumped there, but it refuses to let me move beyond Banna telling me about the big force :evil:

EDIT, I also have a spare ship floating near the West gate, this has been there before i started the unknown mission thing, is it possible this is causing the prob?

Darkireland
x2

Post by Darkireland » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:14

have you jumped to the right gate ?

you should get a movie where bret and whats her face turn up in m3s then off ya go to beat on the khaak
Transports : 2 TL's "Dark star" and "Republic" + 245 Tp/Ts class ships + 6 mk3 trader grade 25 to 13

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:16

I jumped to the west gate of omnicron lyrae, from what I understand this is correct?

even gone thru, and back nothing changes, no movie

from what it says in the walkthru, youre meant to have a convo with kho, bret, ban or something like that after you recieve the thing from Banna?
The same moment Saya appeared on my Comm explaining: "Julian! I just got contacted by Ban Danna. He is requesting everyone with an armed ship to help out against a huge Khaak wave that appeared in Omicron Lyrae a couple of Stazuras ago." Evidently, she received the same message Ban Danna had send me too.

To make it a trio again, Bred also came on the Comm screen shouting: "So did I. Hey hey. Jules, its me, Bret. Sorry I haven't contacted you earlier but I was busy working undercover if you know what I mean." He continued to address Saya: "Hi there Saya. Always a pleasure hearing your lovely voice."
I only got the bit of what Saya said.. wait, no i got all that, but no further, and it is the west gate of omnicron lyrae, just checked. :evil:

oh well, I can try and do the mission again or move the ship out of the system and ee what happens
Last edited by Duriel_LOP on Fri, 7. May 04, 12:23, edited 2 times in total.

Darkireland
x2

Post by Darkireland » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:19

to be honest i cant remember what gate it was ..check your messege logs in game it should refresh your mind

Anyway even if the story is broke you have lost notting

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:24

bump, edited last post.

x2newbie1
x3

Re: herm - problem? *POSSIBLE SPOILER*

Post by x2newbie1 » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:24

Duriel_LOP wrote:Now in the walkthrough it says you go through 5 unknown systems? I only had to go thru one.
When I did the mission, there was only one unknown sector for me too. But I didn't have any problems getting the Omicron Lyrae mission. I only got the other 4 sectors after buying it from a BBS (for me this was after I finished the story).

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 12:52

wow, this forums is super popular :P *bump*

anyone else know what could be going on? I wanna get back to finishing the storyline :P :)

wellard
x3

Post by wellard » Fri, 7. May 04, 13:00

It may be worth returning to the Quantum Tube fab and seeing if you get the cut scenes again. when I left the fab after that mission I got a message saying that I should go to Om Lyrae and that Saya and Bret will join me there. then jumping in through the west gate you should get the afore mentioned cut scene.

Only thing I can think of.

Wellard

<edit> In the Q fab see if you can still comm to Saya that may kick the correct sequence off.

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Fri, 7. May 04, 13:07

yeah i tried that, no saya, and no stupid boron dude either :( :o

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Fri, 7. May 04, 16:43

If I remember theres something else first.

Isnt it the bit where Saya wants you to do the red route and Brett plays chicken.

Check you pilots log to see if that tells you anything.

:o
No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Fri, 7. May 04, 18:05

Faze wrote:If I remember theres something else first.

Isnt it the bit where Saya wants you to do the red route and Brett plays chicken.

Check you pilots log to see if that tells you anything.

That's was the Priest Ring/Nyana Hideout :-) I think he should replay the mission at the Khaak sector, then redo the Quantum Tube Fab dialogue.

MILLANDSON
x3

Post by MILLANDSON » Fri, 7. May 04, 18:56

Have you given the blackbox that you go to the Khaak sector for to the Quantum Tube Fab in Kingdom End? You need to give the blackbox to the Quan. Tube Fab to find out what happened to Kyle, and carry on the storyline.
MILLANDSON
>Join the UNCC<
Novas caught -127
[ external image ]

adowthwaite
x4

Post by adowthwaite » Thu, 20. May 04, 14:47

I have a simmilar problem, sort of.
I can get into Khaak sector, get the black box, then what?
If I try jumping out, both jump options return me to the centre of the Khaak sector (I've only got one sector showing on my map??)
If I look for a gate, even using nav sats I cannot find anything?
HELP ME PLEASE!

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Thu, 20. May 04, 14:51

when you choose "select sector from map" try pressing the arrow keys to change your selection... you'll soon find other sectors!

xen7ric
x3

Post by xen7ric » Thu, 20. May 04, 14:54

When you use the jump device you get the choice of Khaak sector... or choose from map. The map starts centred on the sector that you are in so just press the up cursor and you should find the map (the Khaak sectors are way off the bottom of the map which is why you can't see anything at the moment).

EDIT - Rats! Beaten to it!! :evil:

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Thu, 20. May 04, 21:19

in reply to the original post - the walkthrough author let his dramatic sense get the better of him there, you don't get access to the other sectors until after the plot. As regards directions to omicron lyrae, the "don't panic" thread at the top of the forum has links to maps, I recommend the sector planner as it is useful for finding factories, goods, etc. as well

casey27
x2

Post by casey27 » Thu, 20. May 04, 21:42

i too had the same problem...not being able to do the OL mission.

but i thought about what i did and i remember pressing ESC as Saya starts talkin to me about Ban contacting her..and from then on i was never able to do the OL mission.

my tip...........never skip past cutscenes and conversations with ESC!

Needless to say i had to start a new game.

Stu.

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Thu, 20. May 04, 21:46

To the original poster:

You didn't by any chance get the info about there being five sectors off the commander site did you? I read the same, but there is only one sector. I then went on to complete the game fine.

P.S After you complete the game you can
Spoiler
Show
Buy co-ordinates to more khaak sectors.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”