omicron lyrae

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

eskeemer
x3

omicron lyrae

Post by eskeemer » Mon, 10. May 04, 20:02

what`s the best way to deal with the situation in omicron lyrae, the last mission, I`m using a teladi falcon with 8 hept`s and wasp missiles with 3 25 mw shields but still when I get near to the large kharkk ships I quickly get killed also where`s the best position to beam kyle off and how do you do it?

tismtia
x2

Post by tismtia » Mon, 10. May 04, 21:14

Spoiler
Show
WARNING: I have not finished it yet.
But to my understanding you first go in and destroy a few ships until the argon destroyer is destroyed. (dont go for the big ship right away) Then you will be given the task of flying to a position virtually ON the Khaak large ship. Right where the two large sections meet.(there will be a marker) It has to be timed with Bret and Saya so all three are in possition at the same time(you will hear their comms of where they are)--you'll have to be in a smaller ship(M3)
After that you will be given the task of destroying the "targets" (purple)on the body of the same ship--this is where I bite the big one! :evil:
You'll need a strafe drive is what Ive heard to be able to complete this part efficiently.
I believe this is virtually the end if you can destroy all of these targets-but like I said I have still not made it through.
GOOD LUCK!
Human knowledge has always exceeded human intellegence.

Warpedshark
x2

Post by Warpedshark » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:17

i found this mission easier then the ore belt mission which to me makes no sence at all. Gd luck with it though
WS
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:24

Spoiler
Show
I did this yesterday, using a nova... don't bother taking in anything bigger than an M3, as you'll be unable to get into position alongside the mothership when the time(s) come.

I didn't use strafe to hit the targets on the body, I just followed the guidance of the aiming reticule (Laser Auto-Aim is my friend)... finished it second time out, and that's only because the first time I was in an Osprey! oops :lol:

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:31

eskeemer, please use spoiler tags (click on 'spoiler' then type and click 'spoiler' again).
Spoiler
Show
Stay with you buddies and wait for a message to approach the big Khaak ship up-left. Then use a salvage insurance to save. Afer that try to navigate to you target position. The speed of you approach is not that important (you don't have to fly slowly) because a cutsceen will start as soon you and your mates are in place. Just watch the lasers ! After the cutscee use another salvage insurance to save.Pick a spot left form the centre (were you've parked before) of the big ship and wait until your targets rotate towards you. Go close to the big ship to get in firing range and stop the engine. Kill one by one.
Cheers Euclid

Piscator
x3

Post by Piscator » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:31

If I remember right I did this with my Centaur and completed the last bit with its' M5. The targeting computer Mk II helped.[/spoiler]

euclid
Moderator (Script&Mod)
Moderator (Script&Mod)
x4

Post by euclid » Mon, 10. May 04, 23:35

I had a Dragon with a Harrier docked. I've used the Harrier for the first part while my Dragon was on 'protect me'. That was the tough bit. Then I docked and did the second part. Walk in the park.

Cheers Euclid

Circumcisor
x2

Post by Circumcisor » Tue, 11. May 04, 00:19

Spoiler
Show
The first time I did it I destroyed the 8 "unknown objects" with normal guns, took a while to target them all though. Anyone tried this with PSG's to get them all at once?
If at first you don't succeed - better not try parachuting

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade
[ external image ][ external image ]

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 11. May 04, 01:24

I've done this mission twice & found the following to be best.
Spoiler
Show
Kill a few Khaak untill you have to get in position of the 'Nav Bouy' Then sit as close as you can to the rear of the mother ship, inbetween the hull & the fangs (for wont of a better word), Target the last 'Unknown Object' in the sector map readout & fire your guns & 1 Hornet when in view, This will destroy the object, then you will find that the next 'unknown' comes into view, Do the same for all 10 of them. Then kill a couple more M3/4/5s, when told, get back to your 'Nav Bouy' position until your father is transported out. Mission done!
:D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

RoguePhotonic
x2

Post by RoguePhotonic » Tue, 11. May 04, 01:48

Spoiler
Show
I was able to destroy the targets on the khaak mothership just by coming to a stop by it and waiting for them to come by but the best trick is to use some PSG's and destroy them all at once :lol:
I did it and it worked good.
{spoiler tags added by CBJ}

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 11. May 04, 01:51

Please use the "Spoiler" tags when talking about missions, we don't want to spoil the game for others. :)
Ferd Harling
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

RoguePhotonic
x2

Post by RoguePhotonic » Tue, 11. May 04, 01:57

What's to spoil?...the story was put together in about 2 hours. :evil:

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Tue, 11. May 04, 02:00

Whatever your opinion of the game, please be considerate towards other users who have not yet completed the plot.

White Tiger
x2

Post by White Tiger » Tue, 11. May 04, 02:09

I liked the story line overall. I think it was well written.
Spoiler
Show
But the last few with the player having to position his ship in a certain position on the Khaak ship was just plain dumb and flustrating. I would rather have had a mission where you just blow up several Khaak and some of thier stations.

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 11. May 04, 02:16

White Tiger wrote:I liked the story line overall. I think it was well written.
Spoiler
Show
But the last few with the player having to position his ship in a certain position on the Khaak ship was just plain dumb and flustrating. I would rather have had a mission where you just blow up several Khaak and some of thier stations.
Let's see what Egosoft are doing, Surely they can't leave the plot as is. Can they?
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

ninjitsumonk123456
x2

Post by ninjitsumonk123456 » Wed, 12. May 04, 09:40

Spoiler
Show
hey I did it in an m3 and I didn't destroy any ships lol

just let my titan take care of the enemies

oh and as long as you have good reactions then you can do it without a strafe drive.... I did fine without
[/spoiler]
I am mr. dominion leader of the dominion. we now own all the xenon sectors and all the unknown and pirate sectors and khaak sectors

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”