Spoiler: Omicron Lyrea Fun

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Jackshyt
x3tc

Spoiler: Omicron Lyrea Fun

Post by Jackshyt » Wed, 12. May 04, 11:14

I was doing the OL mission with my fleet of 5 M6s 14 M3s and 1 M1 and happily kicking the... kak out of the Khaak.
at one point my Nova squadron and my Split Python were hammer into a Khaak M1, which was close to death when a Cut scene initiates and Ban Danna starts to give me an update on the battle. I'm not going to go into details here, those who've done the mission know what I'm talking about, those who haven't will have to wait and see.
Now, just before the cutscene I was on one side of the Khaak M1 and my Python was on the other, with both of us blasting away. The cutscene kicks in I watch the info (this is my first time doing this mission). So the cut scen ends but it takes me a second to realise why I can't see anything out of my Nova cockpit. My Python is right on top of me trying to turn to avoid me. I try to swerve out of his way and BAM!!!!!!!!!

game over

I was very upset
Oh look, I seem to at the bottom of a deep dark hole. That seems a familiar concept. What does it remind me of? Oh yes, now I remember, Life!

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Wed, 12. May 04, 11:33

Yeh funny things happen in missions, take for example the
Spoiler
Show
elephant in the mission where you are recovering your pops' ship, I had 6 centaurs kill it for fun not realising the first time 'round it was part of the story, however rather than dieing it just floated there and all the AI did was bounce off it as it was considered to be dead but it was actually still present, they all blew up and I reloaded.
Cut scenes are a waste on my PC anyway as they are really slow and I just get blacked out shapes rather than people :(
The thing is...there is no thing.

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 12. May 04, 11:49

It took me by surprise the time I done this mission, Got Rammed. :(

So I reloaded & got . . .
Spoiler
Show
A wheat Farm from 'Elena Kho'
:D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Faze
x2

Post by Faze » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:13

I did that in a Perseus, what you want a fleet that size for!

No point in running.
You will just DIE tired!

Light travels faster than sound. This is why some people appear bright until you hear them speak !

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:22

some people wanna kill everything... I managed to do that in a Osprey/Harrier combo!
Spoiler
Show
and i'm pretty sure I flew through the beams the M2s fire into the M0, but they didn't hurt me at all?

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:27

JustHere4Coffee wrote:some people wanna kill everything... I managed to do that in a Osprey/Harrier combo!
Spoiler
Show
and i'm pretty sure I flew through the beams the M2s fire into the M0, but they didn't hurt me at all?
Same here! a bug in the game,
Spoiler
Show
or just bad cutscene relating to the beams?
Ferd Harling
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:38

probably just an attempt to add caution to the player's actions...

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:42

JustHere4Coffee wrote:probably just an attempt to add caution to the player's actions...
Spoiler
Show
Prob. but it's hard enough to get into position as it is!
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

ninjitsumonk123456
x2

Post by ninjitsumonk123456 » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:44

is it possible to destroy the argon one? I tried to but when it got to zero hulll it just kept firing and generating its shields(didn't move tho
I am mr. dominion leader of the dominion. we now own all the xenon sectors and all the unknown and pirate sectors and khaak sectors

cynric
x2

Post by cynric » Wed, 12. May 04, 12:56

ninjitsumonk123456 wrote:is it possible to destroy the argon one? I tried to but when it got to zero hulll it just kept firing and generating its shields(didn't move tho
Spoiler
Show
you can't do it yourself, but exploding planets really hurt :twisted:

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Wed, 12. May 04, 13:55

well
Spoiler
Show
You can but they will rebuild it :( *sniff* I dunno what effect blowing up every argon shipyard would have on it tho...
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Wed, 12. May 04, 14:08

Nothing that partisipates in the Plot can be destroyed. :)
Ferd Harling
[ external image ]

frymaster
x4

Post by frymaster » Wed, 12. May 04, 19:41

I participate in the plot, and *I* can be destroyed.

knew I should have joined the damn union :(

(/\)arped
x4

Post by (/\)arped » Wed, 12. May 04, 19:54

Spoiler
Show
you can't do it yourself, but exploding planets really hurt

You can make
Spoiler
Show
planets explode????????
If you can... FUN TIME!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Wed, 12. May 04, 21:23

gillrichard wrote:Yeh funny things happen in missions, take for example the
Spoiler
Show
elephant in the mission where you are recovering your pops' ship, I had 6 centaurs kill it for fun not realising the first time 'round it was part of the story, however rather than dieing it just floated there and all the AI did was bounce off it as it was considered to be dead but it was actually still present, they all blew up and I reloaded.
Cut scenes are a waste on my PC anyway as they are really slow and I just get blacked out shapes rather than people :(
same for me.runs really slow and i only get blacked out shapes not ppl.Also astroids are all black and planets as well,cant w8 to upgrade my gfx and ram

SevenKiller
x3tc

Post by SevenKiller » Wed, 12. May 04, 21:23

gillrichard wrote:Yeh funny things happen in missions, take for example the
Spoiler
Show
same for me.runs really slow and i only get blacked out shapes not ppl.Also astroids are all black and planets as well,cant w8 to upgrade my gfx and ram

DrCBVI
x2

Post by DrCBVI » Wed, 12. May 04, 21:24

jack morphew wrote:
Spoiler
Show
you can't do it yourself, but exploding planets really hurt

You can make
Spoiler
Show
planets explode????????
If you can... FUN TIME!!! :twisted: :twisted: :lol:
Spoiler
Show
You can if you go to Omicron, then go away and get pissed/other for a while, you should get a polite message letting you know the minor detail that Omicron went boom.
"I always loved saying 'space time condominium'." - Patrick Stewart.

DarkSeraven

Post by DarkSeraven » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:00

Spoiler
Show
how do u get the wheat farm from Elena?

S VIIC/41
x2

Post by S VIIC/41 » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:06

Do you actually
Spoiler
Show
SEE Omicron go boom? or just a crappy message? and is it game over then or can you go to Omicron Lyrae and see nothing where the planet was?

DrCBVI
x2

Post by DrCBVI » Wed, 12. May 04, 22:08

Spoiler
Show
I think it's just the message, you can always stay in Omicron to see what happens...

And when you return, you see bits of the planet - like Xenon sector... 472 is it?
"I always loved saying 'space time condominium'." - Patrick Stewart.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”