Omicron Lyrae PROBLEM (spoilers within)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

chino

Omicron Lyrae PROBLEM (spoilers within)

Post by chino » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:03

after the m6 mission i was told to go to the west gate of Omicron Lyrae but when i go through the gate nothing happans

what do i do?

(added spoiler to title--PJK)

chino

Post by chino » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:12

and isit just meor does that the-commander.com work

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:14

Someone said the commanders station was "destroyed". Probably the competition.

casey27
x2

Post by casey27 » Wed, 12. May 04, 23:36

i too had that trouble....finished the.....

Spoiler
Show
hydra in khaak territory mission...talked to saya n co. all ready to jump to OL...

i restarted because i couldnt figure out what was up!!

Stu.

x2newbie1
x3

Re: Omicron Lyrae PROBLEM

Post by x2newbie1 » Thu, 13. May 04, 00:10

chino wrote:after the m6 mission i was told to go to the west gate of Omicron Lyrae but when i go through the gate nothing happans

what do i do?
After the m6 mission, did they tell you to go to OL? If they did, then Kho and Brett will be accompanying you. When I did the mission, I did something else 1st to give them time to fly there, then I jumped to Nyana's Hideout and went through the gate to OL manually. Once I go through, Kho will talk to you and the OL mission will proceed. At least that's how I recall it (it's been a few weeks).

slogger
x2

Post by slogger » Thu, 13. May 04, 00:29

I needed to actually manually fly through the gate from Nyana's Hideout to OL instead of jumping in right at the west gate at OL in order to get things rolling.

Don't know why, but that's how it worked for me.

I have also heard that you may need to fly into the sector aways too for some folks.
[ external image ]

AMG - (25 points) - Mercenary / AMG Designer

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 13. May 04, 09:26

It has been a while since I completed this mission - however I **think** that you need to be in an M3 or smaller when you enter the west gate.
I jumped my M6 in first then followed in my M3 - watched the cut screen thingy then quickly swapped to my M6.
At some point during this mission you **need** to be in an M5, M4 or M3 and so it might not allow you to start the mission if you are not in one of these at the start.
I did the "small" craft bit in my docked M5 from the M6 - that raised the hairs on my neck I can tell you.

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Thu, 13. May 04, 10:24

KarlH I jumped in in my Titan, and wished I had not bothered on account of the tiny place you have to put your ship, tried again in an osprey, and finally gave up and did it in a nova, life is a behatch.
The thing is...there is no thing.

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 13. May 04, 14:00

Hi Gill
When you need to you can use one of your docked ships from the Titan or M6. Hence my bit about doing the small ships bit in the M5. Wouldn't recommend it though as it is a bit of a fright.
Karl

Sixxshooter
x4

Post by Sixxshooter » Thu, 13. May 04, 18:37

KarlHemmings wrote:Hi Gill
When you need to you can use one of your docked ships from the Titan or M6. Hence my bit about doing the small ships bit in the M5. Wouldn't recommend it though as it is a bit of a fright.
Karl
Fright? You mean exciting :D I did the mission in my Dragon, then the small bits in my Disco. It was a blast flying around all the Khaak war ships in my high speed piece of tin foil.

chino

Post by chino » Thu, 13. May 04, 21:54

i have spoken to all the people but again there is no cutscene

Lord Boreal
x4

Post by Lord Boreal » Thu, 13. May 04, 22:04

I actually jumped to the OL east gate with the intention of heading into Circle of Labour to retrieve a ship i left there, but the cutscene took over as I jumped into OL...east gate remember, then after the cutscene, i was at the west gate, facing the wrong way (as though i was about to go through it). :? :?
My doctor says I have a malformed public duty gland and a natural deficiency in moral fibre, and that I am therefore excused from saving Universes.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”