PC GAMER ref X2 Online Universe

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

barrakan
x3

PC GAMER ref X2 Online Universe

Post by barrakan » Thu, 13. May 04, 19:36

Just recvied the june edition through post today and they put a dubious date of around the Autumn for a release of X2 OU. Anybody out there heard any other dates mentioned recently :?
Barrakan FACTS SARGEANT MAJOR
2 stars

fireblade
x4

Re: PC GAMER ref X2 Online Universe

Post by fireblade » Thu, 13. May 04, 19:40

barrakan wrote:Just recvied the june edition through post today and they put a dubious date of around the Autumn for a release of X2 OU. Anybody out there heard any other dates mentioned recently :?
recently no

but the most accurate date available is ??
(the ?? meaning no one knows including egosoft)

but autumn is most definatly wrong

unless they mean autumn 2006-2008 ;)

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 13. May 04, 20:18

Last 2 editions of PC-Gameplay states the same: Autumn 2004
Still waiting for next one.

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Thu, 13. May 04, 20:56

I think the chances of that date being accurate are approximately equal to the chances of us all flying to the Moon on holiday next week. Don't get your hopes up.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Thu, 13. May 04, 21:28

What vacation next week? I dont have vacation next week :( Can you script it in :idea:

mad_axeman
x3tc

Post by mad_axeman » Thu, 13. May 04, 21:46

pjknibbs wrote:I think the chances of that date being accurate are approximately equal to the chances of us all flying to the Moon on holiday next week. Don't get your hopes up.
Any better than the odds of winning the lottery in X2??

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Thu, 13. May 04, 23:53

i don't want to go the the moon, i want to go to the borin...boron (i've got to stop doin that) homeworld and lace some fish food with led :twisted:

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Fri, 14. May 04, 01:06

If the X universe was about to go online, after the succes of X² it would be advertised left right and centre (i.e. everywhere). So although it will be with us, it probably will not be the autumn (of this year at least....)
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

DrCBVI
x2

Post by DrCBVI » Fri, 14. May 04, 01:07

pjknibbs wrote:I think the chances of that date being accurate are approximately equal to the chances of us all flying to the Moon on holiday next week.
Well... when you do get going, can you take me too? I'm small, you can stuff me into a case. I just want to get me some of that cheese.
"I always loved saying 'space time condominium'." - Patrick Stewart.

RoguePhotonic
x2

Post by RoguePhotonic » Fri, 14. May 04, 01:56

If they do like freelancer this game will not be good online...the idea of only have your stats on one server is shit!

Triple-F
x2

Post by Triple-F » Fri, 14. May 04, 03:29

Sounds like another mag editor with nothing better to do than claim an exclusive, so exclusive that it's news to the developers. Oh, and set up some gamers to hassle the developers to rush things, so they can write about a poorly finished release, naughty, naughty.
Some of us are like cogs in the great wheel of life while others are just plain nuts.
- Daffy Duck

Holliday
x3

Post by Holliday » Fri, 14. May 04, 07:36

pjknibbs wrote:I think the chances of that date being accurate are approximately equal to the chances of us all flying to the Moon on holiday next week. Don't get your hopes up.
Wait a minute, does this mean we're not going to the moon next week?
I was looking forward to that.
Ne frustra vixisse videar

Metuelisator
x2

Post by Metuelisator » Fri, 14. May 04, 09:26

clever one.
As they said, autumn. But which year?....
I think we will hear it from our Ego`s soon enough when it`s somwhere near beta, they know it best ;)
Gigabyte GA-EP35-DS3
Intel Quadcore Q9300 @ 2,5 GHz
Geforce 8800 GTS 512
4G Ram Dual-Channel
Win XP SP3

Aro
x4

Post by Aro » Fri, 14. May 04, 09:50

Microsoft doesn't want it to come out so fast.. they must be taking over as we speak.

:khaak: ack! run! it's the real power behind the invasion!
[ external image ]
The end of a trilogy does not mean an end to a series.
| Vanilla with strawberries? [List of Vanilla safe mods.] | Tired of the plots? [Plot Skipper Tool v0.5] |
| X3: R & TC Minimaps |

SteveMill
x4

Post by SteveMill » Fri, 14. May 04, 10:28

have to strongly disagree with that. The chances are a LOT less than that.

I don't believe we'll ever see XO. I'm sorry, but look how long it took to produce X2, which for all its good points, isn't that much of a step up from XT. Ego are a talented but small group and I really can't see that kind of set-up is able to keep ahead of the online gaming wave. Technology and expectations are racing ahead. Well before an online version of x2 is programmed a bigger company will have cornered the online space sim market with a product a couple of generations in advance.

I'd really, really love to be proven wrong though. It would be great to immerse myself in a version of the X-Universe with some decent human intelligence and i'd happily pay a monthly sub of up to £10 for the privilege.

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Fri, 14. May 04, 12:04

I know whats wrong. They have forgot to turn SETA off so X2OL will come much quicker.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

carran
x4

Post by carran » Fri, 14. May 04, 13:44

Even if OU arrives soon I think it highly unlikely I'll participate, the prospect of being able to play *maybe* a few hours per week doesn't appeal to me, I'd rather stick to X2

Previous release dates have been wildly inaccurate and only caused tempers to fray when they have passed without comment from EgoSoft. I therefore don't expect to hear anything from them until close to the actual release date.

There's also a lot of work involved in porting a single player game into an on line game, issues such as how to handle PK'ing have not been resolved - or if they have certainly not published.

I do believe we'll see OU but not for a few years yet, unless someone here has bundles of cash they are desperate to put to use....

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”