Omicron Lyra mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

gpz1100
x3

Omicron Lyra mission

Post by gpz1100 » Wed, 19. May 04, 18:52

I'm getting pissed off with this mission. It's bad enough to have to do it once but I keep getting told to do it again. I was just wondering. I have tried to blow the big 'mother' up in the Oddy buy it doesn't have enough fire power. The shields drop a bit but not enough. If I pile enough fire power into the mother ship and manage to kill it before it blows the planet up will the mission be a success? Same about poor old dad though :twisted:

Alternatively is there an easy way to stay in possition that I've missed.

Cheers

GPZ

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Wed, 19. May 04, 19:14

1.No, you can't blow it up.

Spoiler
Show
Wait until Saya and Bret will tell that they are "in position". Only then move yourself - the cutscene wil kick in and you won't have to bother about staying in position.
Note - I think it's not enough just to touch position marker with your "nose", it should appear somewhere in the middle of your ship (if that's a big ship)

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Wed, 19. May 04, 20:02

just get into a ship that'll actually FIT into the position you're after (like the M5 in your hangar) and try doing it that way - you have to do as your told, there's no shortcuts - not even if you bring a fleet of M2s

however, having the Ody there will be handy once you've got into position...
Spoiler
Show
because you have to do it twice - and there's no way around that either!

gpz1100
x3

Post by gpz1100 » Wed, 19. May 04, 20:12

There are no positional markers the second time and the other two plonkers don't move into position if I do myself. There must be something I'm supposed to do to trigger the second attempt.

Sixxshooter
x4

Post by Sixxshooter » Wed, 19. May 04, 20:57

Spoiler
Show
did you destroy all the little pod thingies that were interfering with the transporter?

gpz1100
x3

Post by gpz1100 » Wed, 19. May 04, 21:09

I've got one of them but the second seems to be inside the ship. I've tried straffing all round it but I can't see where I'm supposed to hit it from. I've even been inside the ship and got killed a couple of times.
Where the hell is the second marker and where do I hit it from?

I'd missed the instruction to do this because that stupid bitch who say's warning one of your ships is under attack actually cuts into the middle of Dan Banners instructions for the next stage.

EGOSOFT what the Fook are you playing at. This is the 3rd time I've missed what I'm supposed to do because of that bloody voice. SORT IT

Ahem...sorry, as I was saying. A little help indicating where the pods are would be most helpful

Sixxshooter
x4

Post by Sixxshooter » Wed, 19. May 04, 21:19

Spoiler
Show
the pods are attached to the hull of the ship, and sort of spin around the axis. If you hit your next target button repeatedly, they should show up as Unknown Object on the hull. I think there's about 10 of them or something. Just pick a spot by the ship and sit still, shooting them when they rotate by

Circumcisor
x2

Post by Circumcisor » Wed, 19. May 04, 22:09

Spoiler
Show
Perfect time to use the Oddy - use PSG's for the unknown objects, you can get them all at once easy.
If at first you don't succeed - better not try parachuting

Professional Magnate
Ace of Aces 1st Grade
[ external image ][ external image ]

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 19. May 04, 22:33

I was going to wait until I got a dragon. That way I could just fly around the ship, targetting the pods, and let my turrets do the work.
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

gpz1100
x3

Post by gpz1100 » Thu, 20. May 04, 00:24

Thanx for the help. What a dissapointment, you could have told me :(

masterkim
x2

Final insult

Post by masterkim » Thu, 20. May 04, 00:35

Circumcisor wrote:
Spoiler
Show
Perfect time to use the Oddy - use PSG's for the unknown objects, you can get them all at once easy.
Does this actually work or are you joking?
Vader is more machine than man twisted & evil.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”