[X2] Post your ONE lucrative factory!

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Greyhawk1
x3tc

[X2] Post your ONE lucrative factory!

Post by Greyhawk1 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:11

This is an experimental thread. Each poster posts one of their most profitable single factory! If possible, with a screenshot of where it is placed within the sector.

Shared intelligence is always a good thing :). This is a suggested format...

Teladianium Factory

Sector: Atreus Clouds

Advantages:

This factory sells at maximum price all the time and rarely gets into double figures before it sells again. Plentiful power is available too. No need for a seller ship, just a quick jaunt to the local station for a load of cells once in a blue moon.

Disadvantages:

Sector has a pirate base. Thats it.

Damar Stiehl
x3

Re: Post your ONE lucrative factory!

Post by Damar Stiehl » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:15

Greyhawk1 wrote:
Disadvantages:

I have dual front-mounted PSGs. The sector no longer has a pirate base. That's it.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:19

Damar Stiehl wrote:
Greyhawk1 wrote:
Disadvantages:

I have dual front-mounted PSGs. The sector no longer has a pirate base. That's it.
Not everyone is at that stage. I was hoping this would be a good guide for beginners or players who just use a handful of factories...

DrCBVI
x2

Post by DrCBVI » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:22

The other disadvantage is that pesky hull-eating nebula.
"I always loved saying 'space time condominium'." - Patrick Stewart.

CBJ
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by CBJ » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:24

I have two Sun Oil Refineries close to the South Gate in The Vault. The first one made a profit so quickly that I decided to build a second one, and now they are both doing very nicely.

The advantages here are ample supplies of energy and flowers, and plenty of local customers in both this sector other nearby ones.

Greyhawk1
x3tc

Post by Greyhawk1 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:24

Why is that a disadvantage? Unless you place your fact in a dumb place you've no need to worry.

OK, I guess this thread isnt going to work...fair enough...you win some and lose some....

[EDIT] CBJ was too quick... :o

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:30

Greyhawk1 wrote:
Damar Stiehl wrote:
Greyhawk1 wrote:
Disadvantages:

Not everyone is at that stage. I was hoping this would be a good guide for beginners or players who just use a handful of factories...
if you're not at that stage, you're unlikely to be running multiple factories surely?

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:35

Wasp Missile Factory

Sector:

Omicron Lyre

Advantages:

Is bought by 3 in system stations, and another one 2 sectors away. There are pleantiful stocks of Cahoonas in the local area. Also a number of good asteroids in sector for Ore Mines.

Very safe sector

Disadvantages:

Pirate Base in the next sector (Treasure Chest), low NPC ore supply

In direct line for Xenon reinforcements heading to Xenon Sector 347.
Spoiler
Show
Site for major battle against the Khaak in the plot
Cost:

Station
973,860cr

Transport
0cr (shipyard in system)

Ships
2xExpress (S) 1xMercury (S) = 323,663cr
2xExpress (M) 1xMercury (M) = 708,594cr
2xExpress (L) 1xMercury (L) = 1,982,094cr
(inclusive of Trade Comand MkI&II, exclusive of speed upgrades)

Start Up Capitol
60,000cr

Total cost
1,357,523cr (S)
1,742,454cr (M)
3,015,954cr (L)

Profit

Settings
Energy Cells = 11cr
Cahoonas = 60cr
Ore = 100cr
Wasp Missiles = 1192cr

Income
58,300cr/hr
Last edited by simonnance on Thu, 27. May 04, 01:18, edited 3 times in total.
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

mk2012

Post by mk2012 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:35

well i am relatively at the beginning (about 13 million Credits) and I have to say, I only have SPPs. Now I followed the guide to setting them up but there are some MAJOR income differences. Kingom's End seems to be making the most money (by the way, sorry for not posting in the suggested form but I am about to go to bed and just wanna post here before the thread dies as it does seem pretty cool) although there are only 2 gates, Trinity Sanctum is a constant problem cuz although it has MAJOR sector defence with a bloody M1 and a couple of fighters, I lose a manta once in a while, but a LOT more often than anywhere else.
Kingdom End and Seizewell are doing great though Seizewell has Crystal problems for some reason which kinda sucks. I have 2 selling ships in KE and never any remaining e-cells in fab. It was my first SPP and works the best even with going for crystals which seem to be getting scarce at some point in the game.
Anyway, Kingdom End worked best, and isnt too expensive to set up (if you start with 2 mantas and an Argon SPP, you don't spend more than 700k if you leave 150k in the fab to start buying).
And HEY, people, keep this thread alive, its a really cool idea!

mk2012

Post by mk2012 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:45

lol, dont know why you posted it twice, but really cool to see that a high level fab is making more money than an SPP for example.
How much can it make per hour do you think? Do many AIs buy or do you have to use selling ships? What's your price set at? lol
*getting kinda excited* :D :?

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:45

howz about posting the cost. so ppl can see how much it would cost to build and set up (inc ships and starting capitol)
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

mk2012

Post by mk2012 » Thu, 27. May 04, 00:46

For my SPPs, 700k to 800k with 2 mantas (one buying, one selling), about 1 million if you are generous with it. :)

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 27. May 04, 01:02

i meant a propper breakdown of cost, see my edited post above.

maybe a Proffit section for the proffit per hour?

Sector Planner has a good calculator

Ionhead
x2

Post by Ionhead » Thu, 27. May 04, 02:25

this thread is a great idea. keep it simple would be best i reckon. obviously profit/hour is useful, but its good just to get tips.

I've only got spps at moment, thinking of diversifying very soon.

I find my spp in lucky planets does just as well as the one in kingdom end. i often run out of crystals at kingdom end, but it does make good profit.

Rheinmetall
x2

Post by Rheinmetall » Thu, 27. May 04, 11:00

I have a Teladianium factory in atreus' clouds too (well actually three and they're all always sold out because of the great demand in the area). I didn't even remember there was a hull eating nebula :o . Since my nemesis hasn't run into it yet.

But I think my most profitable factory is either the SPP in Kingdom end or Lucky planets.
-Aika kuolla maan asukit! Teistä tulee hotdogmolekyylejä.-
"Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds" "Attention! One of your ships is under attack! Atreus' Clouds"

KarlHemmings
x4

Post by KarlHemmings » Thu, 27. May 04, 11:05

Soyery - Paranid Prime
Cost to buy 1038784
Plus 2 buyers - 1 for ecells and 1 for beans
Float 200000

Sell at max -5% - no seller (to start with - however your sellers will sell at best price and that will make you more money)

Pros-
Cost to hire TL = Zero Shipyard and transporter are in the same sector
Sector defence is excellent - Zeus on hand
Cons-
You may have to wait for a while to dock because the queue of Paranid trying to get into your factory
Secondary Pro
Paranid space is short on food - your injection of the main food source will inject much needed resource to the area and boost production of other items that may be needed later in the game.

I have two in this sector now and both sell well.

BoFu - Great Reef
Cost to buy 973860
Plus two buyers 1 for ecells and 1 for BioGas - I use an M4 for this as it is in shorter supply
Float 200000

Pros
Cost to hire TL = Zero Shipyard and transporter are in the same sector
Sector defence is excellent
Cons-
You may have to wait for a while to dock because the queue of Boron trying to get into your factory
Secondary Pro
This area of Boron space is short on food - your injection of the main food source will inject much needed resource to the area and boost production of other items that may be needed later in the game.
Secondary Con
There is much to fix in this area - as mentioned BioGas is needed as much as BoFu and so you'll start sorting that out. Once there is enough BioGas you'll find that BoFu is really needed. However once that is sorted you'll find that there is not enough power. Once that is sorted you'll find the crystal fabs are short on resource. Once that is sorted......

TGC
x3tc

Post by TGC » Thu, 27. May 04, 11:14

I set up my first fab, an SPP in KE. I found that money was really tight to begin with as after paying for the factory and an Express I only had about 10k starting capital for the fab. It was a bit tedious at first buying crystals, then waiting for them to run out and selling the cells, repeat as necessary.

But eventually I had enough cash to buy a selling ship and it just snowballed from there. The fab now has 1 buyer for crytals and 3 sellers to keep up with production.

Crystals are bought for 1684 and cells sold for minimum of 22, jump radius set to 2. I think the profit/hour is about 95K (I did check it sector planner but can't remember!!). Occasionally one of the sellers is running about a third to half full but usually they all sell full loads.

I've set up another SPP in Seizewell but am having the same problem as mk2012 in finding a healthly supply of crystals. At the moment I'm having to run at 4 jumps and a price of about 1850!!!!, but profits are still in the 70K/hour IIRC.[/b]

Zathos
x3

Post by Zathos » Thu, 27. May 04, 13:47

I think my only stand alone fab which hasn't needed additional support fabs is the SPP in Lucky Planets.

My SPP in Rolks Drift (or is it Fate?) is the most profitable, but I had to build a crystal fab to support it.

My most profitable sector is Cardinal's Domain, 25+ fabs (including 4 crystal fabs) and the local economy still isn't saturated :o
Adjacent sectors have plenty Ore and Silicon too.
"A leader is best when people barely know he exists, when his work is done, his aim fulfilled, they will all say, we did this ourselves' - Lao Tse (circa 600 BC)

Tudders
x3

Post by Tudders » Thu, 27. May 04, 13:57

Wheat fram in Montalaar

Buys at 15 credits with one express and sells at 42.

always empty, could probably lower the buying price and increase the selling one.

mk2012

Post by mk2012 » Thu, 27. May 04, 14:34

can you make as much money with standard weapons as with missiles?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”