Mining Laser vs. Khaak M5

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

-neon-
x2

Mining Laser vs. Khaak M5

Post by -neon- » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 20:10

I randomly managed to hit a khaak M5 today that was chasing my mobile mining vulture. Got it in one shot, anybody else seen this? Didnt know they were any good as weapons :)

Tudders
x3

Post by Tudders » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 20:16

I've never used the mobile mnning drill but i've heard it does an incredible amount of damage really quickly. However it's range is small and hard to target fast moving objects (especially seeing the only ships that can equip it are'nt very agile.)

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 20:21

the main prob is the projectile speed and range, any hit against anything but a stationary target tends to be pure fluke......

plus sitting in the rear turet of a TS trusting the AI with flying is not something i like to do.....
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

xalien
x4

Post by xalien » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 20:33

It has the same laser value as GHEPT though, so it can be used by TL for some OOS combat.

Jha'dur
x2

Post by Jha'dur » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 20:34

I've chased down and whacked many an M3 in a Demeter with mining-laser, when interrupted during mobile mining-stints. Demeter has laser in front, see.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 21:18

they are incredibly effective weapons if you can use them right, they can take out a fuly shielded Vulture in maybe 3-4 hits.

junj.chan
x3tc

Post by junj.chan » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 22:30

took an m5 out in a vulture as well... it tracks sooooo slowly its almost useless, i only managed to hit it because it was literally 2meters from my turret window and the ship flew straight into my sights... almost got killed as well (had only just started then and only had 2mw of shields...)

emissionx

Post by emissionx » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 22:34

Jha'dur wrote:I've chased down and whacked many an M3 in a Demeter with mining-laser, when interrupted during mobile mining-stints. Demeter has laser in front, see.
how could you use a demeter, i tried 1 b4 omicron lyare and even with full upgrades the cargo bay is minute i had to stop 3 times before getting to omicron, for energy cell refills so i thought screw that reloaded with my Nova 8)

Jha'dur
x2

Post by Jha'dur » Tue, 1. Jun 04, 22:44

Used it to mine with. With several vultures in tow, of course. And a TL later on.
+++ Divide By Cucumber Error. Please Reinstall Universe And Reboot +++

-neon-
x2

Post by -neon- » Wed, 2. Jun 04, 14:14

Yeh when I hit the M5 it was really lucky, my cargo bay was too full of silicon to jump (no energy) just waiting for the auto pilot to go thru the gate

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Wed, 2. Jun 04, 14:27

emissionx wrote: how could you use a demeter, i tried 1 b4 omicron lyare and even with full upgrades the cargo bay is minute i had to stop 3 times before getting to omicron, for energy cell refills so i thought screw that reloaded with my Nova 8)
I think you're confusing a Demeter (the Paranid TS, which has a maximum cargo capacity of 1500 units) with the Perseus (the Paranid M3, max cargo 76 or thereabouts). A Demeter would be able to jump from anywhere in the universe to Omicron Lyrae without the slightest problem.

Lutzie
x2

Post by Lutzie » Wed, 2. Jun 04, 16:39

Yeah, the Demeter is a god send to the mining world. I think I'll go mobile mining tonight. With "Red Dwarf" :D
People, LEARN:

Lose: To be unsuccessful in retaining possession of; for example: He's always losing his money.
Loose: Not fastened or restrained; for example: Loose papers

RJV
x3tc

Post by RJV » Wed, 2. Jun 04, 16:58

Hi,

I trundle around in the Demeter blowing up asteroids, then I go onto 'Collect all wares' for a bit while I wait for my Dolphin to come along. Instruct Dolphin to do the same. Then go and find somewhere to sell the lot.

Cheers.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”