TP Ships

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Pirate #1
x2

TP Ships

Post by Pirate #1 » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 01:59

TP ships bug me. :evil:

Why are you allowed to carry cargo. Surely the TP ship is designed for passenger flight not freight.

The TP has must have a built in life support system, sleeping quarters, galley, entertainment systems etc. When you buy it at a wharf surely the whole ship is set up for this. You would then have to go to a Station purchase staff. The whole setup should cost you big time, possibly ten times as much as a bog standard freighter, which is just a cockpit with empty cargo hangers.

Just think of a Cruise and a Cargo ship, they are two totally different designs. A cruise ship wouldn't be able to carry 1 million tons of bananas unless it has been totally refitted. Okay granted the TP must have room for supplies, but this would be limited to however long the trip would last.

As it stands why buy a freighter which are considerably slower when you can have a TP at the same cost, same cargo space and XL capacity, but move faster.

The TP isn't a luxury cruiseliner, it's a glorified freighter.

Fait enough in the first game I played I cheated using Argon Express' and Boron Manta, after I found the added extras.

I've started my second game now and fully intend not to 'cheat'

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 02:28

Good man!

my sentiment exactly!

shame bout he triple post eh :wink:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 02:43

simonnance wrote:shame bout he triple post eh :wink:
You must be imagining things....
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 03:01

hmmm... or you are just on the ball tonight :wink:
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 03:24

If I rip out all the seats, a TP is just another cargo hauler. :roll:

Since the ships in X2 usually don't even come with any half-decent equipment, what makes you think they will have seats onboard to start with? :wink: Let alone the luxurious sleeping quarters and entertainment systems! :P
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 04:07

yeah, you were right but I couldn't help it and I keep buy TP because manta has good cargo and good speed so I dont worry about lost money and it's faster make money, Why hell I have to buy TS 1,500 cargo with 130ms speed, 130 or 170ms is too slow, I must have TS 1,000 cargo or more and 215ms speed or more so I dont worry about loss them, I wish I make, design my own ship, Reader81's TS it's have 1 25 Shirld, no weapons, 2000 Cargo, 300ms !!! It would be my dearm of TS!, It's have downside, No weapons because what point!, it's better to run rather than fight. :roll:

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 04:57

This is a good point. I think TPs should only be able to carry, say, 300 units of cargo on each of them, but have different passenger capacitites than the cargo space. It would work opposite as it does now, the more cargo space, the less people space. And maybe TPs should be able to take on extra luxury upgrades, to ensure better fees and more definite acceptance of your services. Good idea?
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 05:04

simonnance wrote:Good man!

my sentiment exactly!

shame bout he triple post eh :wink:
:lol:

Wait, I only see one post....

MrDollyMaker

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 05:05

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:This is a good point. I think TPs should only be able to carry, say, 300 units of cargo on each of them, but have different passenger capacitites than the cargo space. It would work opposite as it does now, the more cargo space, the less people space. And maybe TPs should be able to take on extra luxury upgrades, to ensure better fees and more definite acceptance of your services. Good idea?
Now what would be the point of a TP making sence in this game? :?

But I do agree with this idea. It would make the game much more interesting and more curves to go in for ways of making money.

MrDollyMaker

Pirate #1
x2

Post by Pirate #1 » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 07:46

Charlie Whiskey wrote:If I rip out all the seats, a TP is just another cargo hauler. :roll:

Since the ships in X2 usually don't even come with any half-decent equipment, what makes you think they will have seats onboard to start with? :wink: Let alone the luxurious sleeping quarters and entertainment systems! :P

In one of the opening scenes, 'Julian' is seen seating in a TP or planet to station/ship shuttle. And to rip out the seats could be an option when buying the damn thing. Costing you of course. :(

Eiether the TP has got to be downgraded with cargo capacity or made alot more expensive.

Keeping in with the game, how many other TP's do you see hauling freight !!

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 08:16

The TPs are getting nerfed in 1.4 To what extent I don't know except that no TP will be able to carry XL goods. But what else are they going to do to them? The same goes for TSs, they are going to get some attention in 1.4, But again, to what extent? :?
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 10:57

Constipated_Vigilante wrote:This is a good point. I think TPs should only be able to carry, say, 300 units of cargo on each of them, but have different passenger capacitites than the cargo space. It would work opposite as it does now, the more cargo space, the less people space. And maybe TPs should be able to take on extra luxury upgrades, to ensure better fees and more definite acceptance of your services. Good idea?
This sounds about right.

The only TP I've used in the game is the Iguana, and that is not really a TP at all - more of a 'Privateer' class ship given its all round abilities.

Tudders
x3

Post by Tudders » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 13:40

If the amount of frieght a TP can carry is reduced to an amount to make it useless for hauling cargo then TP's wild be made almost redundant. How many people actually do the Tour or Ride to nowhere missions regularly?

If they are to drastically change the frieght space in a TP then a lo of other balancing will have to take place to make sure TP's still have a useful purpose. Maybe Automated tour missions? You own the ship, a pilot does the journeys, he gets a %age of the profit, like a sector trader.
Otherwise you would only ever need one TP in the entire game, one for yourself to do the occassional mission.

masterkim
x2

Tp

Post by masterkim » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 14:04

TP Boron Manta, great ship, providing you spend the 43,993 on upgrades.

What really bugs me though is the BBS missions that say you need a TS
ship, such as a Boron Dolphin and when you get the ship, most of the
BBS missions suddenly dry up and the BBS says you need the TP again, silly bug.
:lol:
Vader is more machine than man twisted & evil.

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 14:13

MrDollyMaker wrote: Now what would be the point of a TP making sence in this game? :?

MrDollyMaker
They mentioned that 1.4 should let you see NPC-TP's running around the universe on tour-missions. There will be a new cargo to find onboard a capped ship. :twisted: Unless they "Give freight before you shooting" :twisted:

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 14:27

Tudders wrote:If the amount of frieght a TP can carry is reduced to an amount to make it useless for hauling cargo then TP's wild be made almost redundant. How many people actually do the Tour or Ride to nowhere missions regularly?

If they are to drastically change the frieght space in a TP then a lo of other balancing will have to take place to make sure TP's still have a useful purpose. Maybe Automated tour missions? You own the ship, a pilot does the journeys, he gets a %age of the profit, like a sector trader.
Otherwise you would only ever need one TP in the entire game, one for yourself to do the occassional mission.
Good post! :D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

FalconGrey
x4

Post by FalconGrey » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 15:54

Graaf wrote:
MrDollyMaker wrote: Now what would be the point of a TP making sence in this game? :?

MrDollyMaker
They mentioned that 1.4 should let you see NPC-TP's running around the universe on tour-missions. There will be a new cargo to find onboard a capped ship. :twisted: Unless they "Give freight before you shooting" :twisted:
Yep, read the bulliton. Was being facestious... (did I spell that right? :?: )

MrDollyMaker

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 19:30

TPs don't need to be nerfed beyond being switched to L cargo. Right now you can't take half of the BBS Tour of a Lifetime missions unless you're driving a stripped Manta (no shields or guns even)... if anything, the TPs of other races need to have their cargo space boosted a bit.

twilight_echoes
x3tc

Post by twilight_echoes » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 19:43

face the inevitable...as soon as 1.4 is out it'll take about 3 minutes for someone to post details of the "new" best freighters for whatever job, and then everyone who still cares will start using those instead. There's not a whole heap to choose between a manta, pirate TS & split caiman as it stands now anyway.

Darshu
x3

Post by Darshu » Sat, 5. Jun 04, 20:29

Perhaps they should "stretch" TPs to be as large as TLs, make em look all snazzy, paint the logo of Caribbean Cruise lines on the side, and make the total cargo space zero.

Then, add a new station in the X-Universe, called the Pleasure Dock, where only TPs can dock, and the only resource needed for these stations to make a steady income is available TPs.

Basically you start up and run a cruise line company, and make the BBS missions for Tour of a Lifetime a Pleasure Dock only control screen mission. You can then sortie your TPs to various sectors, without forgetting to invest for protective ships. The more interesting and dangerous a sector, the more money the trip pulls in.

And as your status gets higher, the price you can command for your trips can go up.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”