omicron lyrae mission

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kelvin
x2

omicron lyrae mission

Post by kelvin » Tue, 8. Jun 04, 21:36

Spoiler
Show
I am in need of some help with the mission to recue kyle brennan
i land on the laser array for the first beam out attempt which fails, then i am given a target by ban danna to attack i destroy this but then what ? i am not prompted to destroy more.
I have tried to destroy all of them but run out of time and the planet explodes
do i have to keep tring to destroy them all or have i missed something
Please help!!!
Spoiler tags added - Abyss

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Tue, 8. Jun 04, 21:43

1) Please use Spoiler tags. We don't want to spoil the game for others would we.

2) Answar
Spoiler
Show
Bring up the sector map and scroll down to the last 'Unknown Object' & target it.

As soon as you can see it fire a few rounds & let loose a Hornet missile. Do this with each 'Unknown Object' (Listed backwards).

There are 10 of them. So make sure you have 10 Hornets!

You wil get a cutscene shrtly after you have destroyed all of them.

Another methos is to use PSGs & just keep firing.
Hope this helps. :D

Thanks 'Abyss' :)
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

mippy
x3

Post by mippy » Tue, 8. Jun 04, 23:10

Spoiler
Show
I just flew into position then cut my engines and waited for the ship to turn to untill each one had comeinto range and destroyed
A proud Goner!

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt.

http://www.tildruin-mindseye.co.uk/innocent.html

humility925
x4

Post by humility925 » Tue, 8. Jun 04, 23:16

Spoiler
Show
:o I just use my BHETP and shoot them while I follow round M0, Plant killer with my nove like Star War when X-Wind try stay in path of Death Star, I die lot of that way :o

baaraemoo

Post by baaraemoo » Sat, 7. Aug 04, 06:55

Spoiler
Show
I am curious with some comments that you can take you time to shoot the 8 unknown objects on the hull of the mother ship with your lasers. One comment was to cut all engines and wait for the objects to rotate into your sights? How did you handle the Khaak ships that jumped nearby as soon as Bret finished his comments and then every few minutes of so afterwards?

I like the idea of using Hornet missiles, except I have tried using DragonFlies which seem to get lost, self destruct or got shot off by the Khaak ships.
{post adjusted by CBJ - when you use spoiler tags, make sure the "Disable BBCode" option is unchecked}

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”