Genocide - Respawning cap ships? also SQUASH mines question

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Genocide - Respawning cap ships? also SQUASH mines question

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 13:54

1: I know that certain stations will always respawn - namely shipyards, equipment docks, and trading stations - but what about capital ships and TLs? I know Argon One has special protection from destruction anyway, but what about others of its class?

I don't want to go cleaning out sectors and laying down loops only to have the battleships respawn and take out my factories!

2: SQUASH mines... no friend-foe, I know - so how do you lay them without getting blown up? do they have a time-delay, or do you have to arm them after placing them? and do they work OOS?

Warpedshark
x2

Post by Warpedshark » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 13:56

1) yes allong with the Shipyards, equipment docks and trading stations

2) IIRC you have to activate them through a command console. But it has been a while since i played with these so im not sure.
Attention all planets of the Solar Federation.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 13:59

SQUASH Mine, yeah you activate them throught he console, either just one or a whole load you have released in the sector.

Dunno about the ships, i`ll have to try it out.
So it's come to this, I told you this would happen Ani! The fanboys are taking over!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

JustHere4Coffee
x2

Post by JustHere4Coffee » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 13:59

Warpedshark wrote:1) yes allong with the Shipyards, equipment docks and trading stations

2) IIRC you have to activate them through a command console. But it has been a while since i played with these so im not sure.
Hm... now, do I believe you, or not?

Shifty

Post by Shifty » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 14:01

well save game and try heh

Warpedshark
x2

Post by Warpedshark » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 14:03

JustHere4Coffee wrote:
Warpedshark wrote:1) yes allong with the Shipyards, equipment docks and trading stations

Hm... now, do I believe you, or not?
MoM members only mis-inform if the question raised has been asked many times before or if it can be viewed in the stickies. As this falls under neither of those catorgories I have not mis-informed.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.
We have assumed control.

proteus2
x4

Post by proteus2 » Thu, 10. Jun 04, 14:04

1) not sure, only just tested taking out the Xenon cap ships in between ship yard spawns, I believe that stops Xenon caps respawning, if it does the same theory should work with every race (ie destroy the shipyard FIRST, then mop up the cruisers before shipyard re-spawns.)Also, you must be out of sector before any station respawns AFAIK

2) When ejected they are blue/inactive. You must remotely swith them on from their control panel. Bit of a pain really, only ever used one and that was a test as I moved across an unknown sector, so all I can add is, yes, mines split clusters.
Sig? What sig?

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”