Are U preparing for Xenon Invasion?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

AB14
x3

Are U preparing for Xenon Invasion?

Post by AB14 » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 18:38

In the last Apoch interview about 1.4 he mentions a Xenon invasion and players being a lot less secure in "frontier sectors". How do you lot think it's best to get ready for this?

I'm thinking Black Hole looks the most vulnerable, but if you move expensive assets into it like M2s etc before patching up to 1.4 will they still be there or will it be a P.E situation out of your control with a cutscene and eveything getting trashed?

Do you think we are looking at a steady invasion with a large fleet moving sector to sector or sudden spawnings like the Khaark?

Is now the time to buy up those expensive laser towers? They are being improved in the next patch and maybe the Xenon will be more inclined to attack factories. Also if the Khaark still continue to spawn while the Xenon invade/spawn those OOS corvettes may get overwhelmed?

Thought anyone?

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 18:40

I am caushously building round scale plate green. It should get interesting
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

reed
x3

Post by reed » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 18:44

i share your concerns many of my loops are on frontier sectors producing shields etc. Still before the point where i can mass a destroyer fleet. so if this does cause a major xenon invasion, im pretty much doomed.

I don't think no matter how much laser towers are upgraded they'll ever be able to destroy a xenon cap ship convoy, plus it makes pretty much all other OOS useless now, i doubt a centaur is going to stop a fleet with an AI pilot, the only hope is cheaper more powerful mines, to make proper minefields that can actually stop cap ships

but in any case i still can't wait

"Sir, contacts in coming"
"dear god no"
"Sir"
"brace for impact"
BANG

(whee i can't wait i'll fight them in the ore belts, the nebulas We, will never surrender, leading a Nova or osprey squadron against xenon cap ships)

GREAT :D :D :D

Rapier
x3tc

Post by Rapier » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:05

Its all about being adaptable, and for that I suspect you'll need money. Time to start saving those credits.
Rapier - The Orifice of all Knowledge

Godwin's Law is not one of the Forum Rules.
Search just the forum with Google

smiley
x3tc

Post by smiley » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:08

No, I'm not preparing, as I'm going to restart and see how all the new wonderfeatures affect the start of the game.

:) Smiley :)
If you can keep your head while all around are losing theirs . . . you'll be taller than them.

Shifty

Post by Shifty » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:09

xenon invasion comes as BBS mission :) so when you think you can fight .. you press the i accept button :) and then all the fun starts xenon start invadeing all the time

BBS mission imho is like the "start" button :)

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:12

Being cautious and building up slowly around Red Light. Centaurs as OOS.

I aim to build my megacorp in this area, and only when I have the credits, to spread the glory of GIT (Gardner Independent Traders). Each ship to be a luminous hue of yellow. "The universe is my lobster" to missquote Del Boy.
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's b****r all down here on Earth.

Momaw
x3tc

Post by Momaw » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:19

Depends what the game's performance is like. If I can get 20FPS, then I'm ready. If, on the other hand, it plays about as well as the current Xenon activity in Tharka's Sun and Family Njy or whatever, then I'm doomed, because it only goes about 2 frames per second. Last time I strolled through there, there was a XM1, XM2, SM1, SM2, and about 60ish small craft. Major war zone.

I'm convinced that the game's weapon-hit animations are a huge performance hit, as I could get up to maybe ~5fps when I wasn't close enough to the capital ships to see their shots other than just blue pixels.
Patient of the Mad Goner asylum for the mentally extravagant

OutSane
x3tc

Post by OutSane » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:25

wheres a good place to test my framerate..so far my only testground was in Kingdoms End after accepting a Xemon mission...stupid Boron Carrier launched all of its octopus'

as long as i kept my distance it was ok, got busy and lags a fair amount if i try to join in the fun
AMD 3700+
128Mb Radeon 9600
2GbRam
300Gig HD

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:28

I'm waiting to see what they mean before I commit an answar, sorry. :o
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Tsar_of_Cows
x4

Post by Tsar_of_Cows » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:28

I use the MWM, so Im used to Xenon invasions!

blindedlightning
x2

Post by blindedlightning » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:35

errrrrrr.... what if someone, im not mentioning who, cleared out all the Xenon and Khaak sectors BEFORE getting the patch?? will there still be an invasion??

and will 1.4 add the self-replairing hull upgrade that is mentioned on the box?? i need something to give to my traders that are complete IDIOTS and fly through hull-damaging nebula all the time.

i kind of have a situation with my framerate, since my computer is rather good in every area except RAM (256 MB RDRAM), and it seems to act up. sometimes when i attack an M1 there are ships everywhere and no lag, but sometimes i just fly into a sector with nothing in it and my framerate drops to maybe -10.
I never make anything up, everything I make up is true

"I swear to God, if I didn't have some guy's hand up my @$$ right now I'd leap across the room and kick you in the nuts!"
-Cartman, to Kyle, while getting his @$$ checked for an anal probe

Grey Mark
x3

Post by Grey Mark » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:39

blindedlightning wrote:
errrrrrr.... what if someone, im not mentioning who, cleared out all the Xenon and Khaak sectors BEFORE getting the patch?? will there still be an invasion??
Do we know them?
So remember, when you're feeling very small and insecure,
How amazingly unlikely is your birth,
And pray that there's intelligent life somewhere up in space,
'Cause there's b****r all down here on Earth.

giskard
xr

Post by giskard » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 19:50

The Xenon invasion is going to be fun. :)

What we need to ask our selves is what does Apoch call an Invasion ?

A few M3s or a proper fleet of Ks and Js with fighters ?
If the latter is the case your own fleets are going to be busy.

Giskard
Last edited by giskard on Tue, 15. Jun 04, 00:09, edited 1 time in total.
This signature has been stolen by the well known Teladi Signature Thief X Siggy.

Deleted User

Post by Deleted User » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:04

just re-read the interview post and Apoch never mentions the Xenon at all

Apoch
x3

Post by Apoch » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:04

None of you are adequately prepared... meheheh.
M. "Apoch" Lewis
EGOSOFT Programmer
(and Holy Prophet of Douglas Adams)

OutSane
x3tc

Post by OutSane » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:08

All shall tremble before a fleet of AIRE equiped xenon M2s
AMD 3700+
128Mb Radeon 9600
2GbRam
300Gig HD

reed
x3

Post by reed » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:09

thats how i like it out numbered and out gunned, i may die but I'll die with honor.
:lol:

(*sob* please don't hurt me mister xenon *sob*)

by invasion is that a major movement of ships depending on rank e.g. a dozen or so k's and/or J's, or perhaps something far more destructive (Please let it be the xenon M0)

or a target area a slow one by one constant armada that you have to kill quickly or be overwhelmed.

Terra rebel34
x2

Post by Terra rebel34 » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:14

im geting a hydra no really i am before u do this :arrow: :lol:
*insert sig here*

reed
x3

Post by reed » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 20:18

the real question this raises is there is no suitable cap ship turret defense,
too slow moving to stop fighters but thats what normal laser towers are for, but powerful and destructive enough to put a dent in the biggest ship but automated, placed like factories so you can actually cover a gate,

like entering a system then getting laced by PPC fire if your hostile.

now that would be cool a linked system of anti cap ship towers.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”