What Buy/Sell Price with WHEAT, SOYERY,BEEF, ORE, SILICON ..

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

kinein
x2

What Buy/Sell Price with WHEAT, SOYERY,BEEF, ORE, SILICON ..

Post by kinein » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 21:05

Somewhere down the road I managed to realize that I never heard much about proper pricing of other products besides energy cells :oops:

Fortunately I hope that some people can post info on how they're doing selling to the AI with various goods. Everything from Wheat to Quantum tubes. What prices are you all selling your goods at, buying resources at?

Plus!!! How are you supplying or selling for each of these factories.

Are you using your regular TS for selling and for buying certain goods what types of ships do you use. I have heard that using M5's are a good way to buy ECELLS for your stations that require them. How many and which types are recommended per station? Harriers? Disco?

The more info the more helpful. I think I'm getting a hang of understand SPP's, Selling Energy cells (stand alone) , and basic loops. Would like to learn more from those of you with experience :)
X-Treme ^_^

-River-
x2

Post by -River- » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 21:10

For pricing structures, you might want to consider using LordSuch Sector Planner.

Alternatively, you can do it the manual way and calculate using cycle times, resources required, produce per cycle :)

Ferd Harling
x2

Post by Ferd Harling » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 21:14

Food of any kind are good sellers :!: :D
Ferd Harling
Second IC of FACTS (Free Advice Conquering The Systems)
Please visit us for all your questions, Ideas & To join Click on the Logo below :)
[ external image ]

Gerik
x2

Post by Gerik » Mon, 14. Jun 04, 21:28

What works for one station won’t necessarily work for another, even in the same sector. I just start out a factory at average prices and see how well the station is being supplied and likewise how well its selling its product. You need more resources? raise your buying prices.... selling your silicon flakes like hot cakes? raise your selling price....just tweak your prices and you can get your fact running at peak efficiency in no time. On another note, I supply my stations almost exclusively with TPs. They provide the fastest (and cheapest IMO) way to get your goods from station to station. I mainly use mantas for both selling and buying, although expresses work just as well in some cases and are somewhat cheaper. Iguanas are more expensive than their TP cousins but can be well worth it when placed right. I use them mainly as a fast transport to snag all the resources before my competitors get them :D (SPP crystals for example). Oh I almost forgot, for goods that require XL freight pirate ships work quite well, if you can cap em at 80% and up all you have to do is upgrade them a bit and bingo free XL transport with decent speed.
"It is far better to grasp the Universe as it really is than to persist in delusion, however satisfying and reassuring." - Carl Sagan

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”