Squash mines questions

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

trav
x2

Squash mines questions

Post by trav » Sat, 26. Jun 04, 13:46

Curious, if I lay squash mines around the gates and would it hurt my rank if other races get blow up by it? If not, then what if I lay tons of mines at west gate in black hole sun to cut off traffic of other races going to north gate where they want to die by entering in xenon sector. Since I got 10% drop when an argon frieghter rammed my baron ray and blew up while I was fighting against xenons at north gate. It took me 20 kills of K and J getting 10% back up for argon rank. If they see capital ship battles, they should avoid 20k or above by not being a moron to walk into tanks battle or a ship like Titanic going thru between 2 battleships firing at each other. I read about squash mine that it has no friendly/foe recognition. Has anyone done placing alot of mines at gate and does it helps cut down traffic? When ejecting all mines at once, does mines spread around themselves or do I need to eject 1 on every spot? How effective are mines against freighters? Just wondering if its worth it.

Charlie Whiskey
x3tc

Post by Charlie Whiskey » Sat, 26. Jun 04, 13:53

As far as I know SQUASH mines will hurt your rank, but I'll leave it to somebody else with solid experience.
"WhiskeyCorp - The universe's local monopoly" (TM)

dr. lomax
x2

Post by dr. lomax » Sat, 26. Jun 04, 16:04

If they belong to you then they should, i don`t use SQUASH mines, (there should be a more useful, er, use for them IMO) but like Charlie says, someone with more knowledge should be better answering that one.
So it's come to this, I told you this would happen Ani! The fanboys are taking over!! NOOOOOOOOO!!!!!

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Sat, 26. Jun 04, 16:06

They shouldnt hurt your rank. After blowing up loads of khakk with one I didnt get a fighting or race rise so i cant see why I wouldnt get a drop with blowing up Argon's.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

pjknibbs
x4

Post by pjknibbs » Sat, 26. Jun 04, 17:40

Xenon_Slayer wrote:They shouldnt hurt your rank. After blowing up loads of khakk with one I didnt get a fighting or race rise so i cant see why I wouldnt get a drop with blowing up Argon's.
That means nothing. You can most definitely get a race DROP if one of your remote ships kills a friendly, but you don't get a race rise for one of them killing a hostile; SQUASH mines will almost certainly work in a similar fashion.

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”