OMFG! Omicron Lyrea

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Daehawk

OMFG! Omicron Lyrea

Post by Daehawk » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 08:48

I cannot believe the crap Im putting up with on this mission..Its tough enough cause i have to leave my Osprey and use my Disco to dock on the mother ship each time..but....
Spoiler
Show

I actually got my father back, Bret dies, Soya's ship blows up, I then get the msg from Dana that my father needs medical help and they are jumping out. I SAVE my game and Im back in my cockpit so i bring up my personal message box cause i did'nt hear all Dana said.. AND MY GAME LOCKS UP...it hard locks my computer...so after i reboot I click the save and its the one I did before I got to the mother ship and Bret is still alive! HOLY SHEEP SHIT!!...I just dont feel like replaying that right now..maybe another time...but thats some crap i tell ya...now i gotta dock on the mothership....blow up the little nodes...then dock again..ARGH. Not worth it im thinking.

3iff
x2

Post by 3iff » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 09:08

Are you sure you reloaded the correct save game??

I've reloaded the wrong save before, believing it to be the right save...just a suggestion...

Daehawk

Post by Daehawk » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 09:14

yeah its the only one that says Omiscron Lyrea

reed
x3

Post by reed » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 10:21

this happened to me, I screwed my nova up in a fight so i jumped it in then out, where it then crashed. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAARGH. :evil:

just jump straight out of the sector and leave it, the adding of the destroyed titan causes a larger loading time, so this might be causing the crash.

I say as soon as its dead jump out and don't look back.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 11:27

that could be annoying :)

but not as annoying as showing the
Spoiler
Show
Khaak m0, the business end of your dragon (the back, naturally) and turning on the ghepts, only to find out that when it gets to 0 hull? nothing, Pah! this is not open ended!
[/quote]

gillrichard
x3tc

Post by gillrichard » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 11:57

@James_2K
Spoiler
Show
That annoyance has been the bane of my life several times, I have killed a ship that is storyline based and they just do not die! GRRRRRRRRRRR.....why not???
The thing is...there is no thing.

James_2k
x3

Post by James_2k » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 14:36

Yeah, even if it said something along the lines of 'The thread of the prophecy has been severed, load a saved game or persist in the doomed world that you have created' Ala Morrowind :)

EverythingXen
x3

Post by EverythingXen » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 15:04

I left my Ray to do the mission in a Nova and the Ray layed down cover fire on 'protect me!'. Nary a khaak taking shots at me in sight ... just had to strafe into position and hold it there.
X2 - TL: 1, M2: 2, M1: 0, Factories: 35
X3 - Nothing yet

Duriel_LOP
x4

Post by Duriel_LOP » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 16:02

I like colors :P

actually, X2 hasnt crashed on me yet... not that i can remember anyway, its just been horribly cruel dispensing wave after wave of khaak :P
HAR HAR HAR, It be here!!!!

"There shall be wings! If the accomplishment be not for me, 'tis for some other. The spirit cannot die; and man, who shall know all and shall have wings..." - Leonardo da Vinci

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 18:42

I plan to get my nemesis and use its harrier to get into position. After, I'll blow up the nodes with a few GPSG shots through the ship's hull!
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 18:59

Spoiler
Show
What happened to the 6 Destroyers "feeding" the Battleship, after you destroyed it.
And why cant I destroy those 6 KM2's to cut the power, so the KM0 cant fire at the planet? It would be the first logic thing to do IMO!

mippy
x3

Post by mippy » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 19:45

Spoiler
Show
because you are "Supposed" to be using an M3 at the time and youarn't "supposed to be able to kill an M2 at the time. and besides your goal isn't to save the system, it's to save your father and yourself. saving the system is just a perk
A proud Goner!

It's better to remain silent and be thought a fool, then to speak up and remove all doubt.

http://www.tildruin-mindseye.co.uk/innocent.html

Graaf
x3tc

Post by Graaf » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 22:48

I was using my Nova at that time.
Spoiler
Show
Why do the Khaak capital ship that spawn in the middle of OL only have 125MW of shielding. You can take them out by means of a ID+B-HEPT-Nova. Offcourse I died by a friendly Titan. :roll:
Not going to OL is a good way to stay alive (selfpreservation).
Spoiler
Show
What do I get from my father: Nothing.

Constipated_Vigilante
x3

Post by Constipated_Vigilante » Wed, 30. Jun 04, 23:10

Yeah, really, Kyle is a bit of a dick himself...neglects his son's childhood, just finding a way back to earth, gets carelessly captured by the khaak (snicker), and needs his neglected, ex-con son to save him! Kyle relys way too much on family...
System:
AMD Athlon 64 3700+
Sound Blaster Audigy
Geforce 6800 GS
A8N-E Motherboard
2GB DDR RAM

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 00:15

Can you use M6's for the "shoot the nodes" bit I cant get them with my Nova and I got BHEPT's, the dam thing just revolves to fast? :headbang:

Risky
xr

Post by Risky » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 00:48

Free Trade Inn wrote:Can you use M6's for the "shoot the nodes" bit I cant get them with my Nova and I got BHEPT's, the dam thing just revolves to fast? :headbang:
Yep. Did in a Dragon with an aPPC.

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 02:33

Risky wrote:
Free Trade Inn wrote:Can you use M6's for the "shoot the nodes" bit I cant get them with my Nova and I got BHEPT's, the dam thing just revolves to fast? :headbang:
Yep. Did in a Dragon with an aPPC.
Yeap did it in an Osprey with B-PSG. Nodes gone in no time.

Yonder
x3

Post by Yonder » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 03:35

I'm not going to bother with spoilers, I'm sure those that are still reading expect them by now. Even in an M3 you can take out the destroyers, although my hercules was in the area set to attack all I did my fighting in my Perseus. After the destroyers came I used Alpha Hepts and Beta PSG's to find out they where invincible very quickly. Ah well, at least those nodes are easy to destroy with beta PSG's.

Free Trade Inn
x3tc

Post by Free Trade Inn » Thu, 1. Jul 04, 05:16

Mwooah ha ha ha!........ :twisted: .......Er I mean thankyou chaps :D

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”