**** Do Hornet Missles Sell ****

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Red Squirrel
x3

**** Do Hornet Missles Sell ****

Post by Red Squirrel » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 12:46

I put a HornetMissle factory in Three Worlds with a companion Silkworm missle factory. Silk Worms sell fast but the Hornet Fab has sat on full for ages even with a low price. Is this fab going to be a duff?

My Snail fab also does not sell anything in Three Worlds either-another duff?

The Great Stonk
x3tc

Post by The Great Stonk » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 12:50

in order for a high tech ware to sell the fact must be placed near a trading station or equipment dock that buys that ware.

so in 3 worlds, no your not going to sell hornets. you want to put a hornet fact in paranid space. you about 6 jumps to far north my friend.

grays
x3tc

Post by grays » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 12:52

You will have to sell them manually at the nearest equipment dock unfortunately

simonnance
x3tc

Post by simonnance » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 12:59

ALWAYS check whether your proposed market buys an item before going to the expense of building a factory.

it will save you tons of time.
want the FACTS about X2/X3?
Usenko wrote:Don't get me wrong, I think animals have their place in the scheme of things. It's just that in the case of sheep, cattle and pigs, their place happens to be in neat pieces under the griller.:-)

Hachiman
x3tc

Post by Hachiman » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 16:36

grays wrote:You will have to sell them manually at the nearest equipment dock unfortunately
Either that or keep them for your own personal use....nudge-nudge :wink: :wink:

You can become a really bad person with a hold full of Hornets
Kachi wa saya no naka ni ari
[Victory comes while the sword is[still]in the scabbard]

VincentTH
x4

Post by VincentTH » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 18:19

THere are no demand for Hornet missiles cuz the Pirates got them from thin air, and the Xenon, well, they just got them :-)
I think this is a flaw in game design. I would love to see Pirates have their own smuggling TS (with normal race vessels, not the pirate ship) coming to Equipment docks to buy guns and missiles. Same for the Xenons.
One may want to ask who wants to deal with the Pirates or the Xenons? Well, gun traffickers never care who buy stuffs from them.

I like the way the pirates were in XBTF: You have to come close and Comm them to find out if they are pirates. Well may be not Comming them, but use a special scanner to find out if they are pirates.

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 18:41

Or you just looked at the colour of their exhausts, IIRC.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Kwitzak
x3

Post by Kwitzak » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 18:43

:lol:
"X-Rebirth is optimised for computers from the future" - Bernd Lehahn, 2013.

StJude
x3ap

Post by StJude » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 18:44

Had a huge problem in XBTF distinguishing purple pirate exhausts from the similar reddish split exhausts. Took a while before I got friendly with split again after wiping out a load of split freighters from distance :P
Lasciate ogne speranza, voi ch'intrate

gerrythegremlin
x2

Post by gerrythegremlin » Thu, 15. Jul 04, 20:45

VincentTH wrote:THere are no demand for Hornet missiles cuz the Pirates got them from thin air, and the Xenon, well, they just got them :-)
I think this is a flaw in game design. I would love to see Pirates have their own smuggling TS (with normal race vessels, not the pirate ship) coming to Equipment docks to buy guns and missiles. Same for the Xenons.
One may want to ask who wants to deal with the Pirates or the Xenons? Well, gun traffickers never care who buy stuffs from them.

I like the way the pirates were in XBTF: You have to come close and Comm them to find out if they are pirates. Well may be not Comming them, but use a special scanner to find out if they are pirates.
Ever consider that the pirates steal them, and get them from booty, just as you no doubt do?
dis is der 'orrible old baldy geezer wiv da bump on is ed
We were suspended in the void. Chapters 1-5
http://www.egosoft.com/x2/forum/viewtopic.php?t=31946
my reputation may be in the hands of others, yet my honour is my own. gerry the gremlin

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”