x2ol (people being destructive)

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

x2ol (people being destructive)

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 1. Apr 03, 22:18

Just thinking, some idiot can go on a spree destroying everything. Will there be a way to stop sad people reliving their visious tendencies. Im not talking factory turrets, more like a time out penalty if many things are destroyed for no reason.
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

RustiSwordz
x2

Post by RustiSwordz » Tue, 1. Apr 03, 22:29

That is something for us to wait and find out for. :D

The only thing i can think of is to build a humungous defence grid that will protect all your assets.

But who will have that kind of money in the game
RustiSwordz Art Blog:

http://rustiswordz.blogspot.com/

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Tue, 1. Apr 03, 22:37

if they kill your stuff, you can always "get rid" of them :twisted:

Xenon_Slayer
EGOSOFT
EGOSOFT
x4

Post by Xenon_Slayer » Tue, 1. Apr 03, 22:45

And every thing was gone......
Come watch me on Twitch where I occasionally play several of the X games

Reverend_Vader
Jedi Master
x2

Post by Reverend_Vader » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 01:27

hope not

If my wildest dreams come true

Imperial sectors will be so well defended it would take an empire to destroy it.

But more risk more fun in my book

Most peeps seem to agree anything goes in non-friendly sectors
[ external image ]
"If there's anything more important than my ego around here, I want it caught and shot now."

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 01:41

The laws of comon sense should apply. In the heart of race or federation or Emperial held space, then there will be police ships.

The further out you go, there won't be so much going down to non at all. If you try to enforce non PK rules, then people simply won't play the game.
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

The_Abyss
x3

Re: x2ol (people being destructive)

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:08

xenon slayer wrote:Just thinking, some idiot can go on a spree destroying everything. Will there be a way to stop sad people reliving their visious tendencies. Im not talking factory turrets, more like a time out penalty if many things are destroyed for no reason.
There might not be a penalty for destroying factories and bases, but there might also be no reward, thus rendering it less rewarding. I think that stations will be VERY hard to destroy - maybe only if two or more guilds team up to work together.

Whilst X2 is going to be amazing, I think that there will be some huge differences in the actual gameplay between it and any online game developed. On the other hand though, some form of destruction should always be possible, otherwise it runs the risk of being too easy and with no or limited missions (if this is the case) then there would not be enough to keep the playability up except for one's one imperialistic ego.

Second thoughts, that may be enough for some of us!!!
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Roger Wilco

Post by Roger Wilco » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:20

xenon slayer wrote:Just thinking, some idiot can go on a spree destroying everything. Will there be a way to stop sad people reliving their visious tendencies. Im not talking factory turrets, more like a time out penalty if many things are destroyed for no reason.
There will be some sort of policing by groups like Dezernat6a and the ShadowTeam and most likely others. Or if you are a member of a rather large clan or guild, their members could police this also. As we still do not know the setup of XOL and how EGOSOFT will deal with such people who want to spoil the fun for others, it is still to early to say or argue about such things.

We , the ShadowTeam have this policy drawn up as we also feel the need to adress this issue. Some of you still think of us as a joke but believe me we are here to stay in the XOL:

http://uk.internations.net/shadowteam/aboutus.html

RW

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:22

Roger Wilco wrote: We , the ShadowTeam have this policy drawn up as we also feel the need to adress this issue. Some of you still think of us as a joke but believe me we are here to stay in the XOL:
That's comforting to know. :P

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:24

What happened to the shady team?
some who deserve life receive death. Others who deserve death receive life. Can you give it to them? Don't be eager to deal out death in judgement, for not even the wise can see all ends.

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:28

He became a rapper after splitting from the team, doc...

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:30

Grimm wrote:He became a rapper after splitting from the team, doc...
Not a very good one though... :P

Gandalf The White
x3

Post by Gandalf The White » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:30

Grimm wrote:He became a rapper after splitting from the team, doc...
lol nice one

krapylet
x2

Post by krapylet » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 09:10

Okay, let me just take you guys back to the topic.. :P
IMO, if you've got a spaceship that has guns, and you see a station, you should be able to shoot at that station and damage it, eventually destroying it. It should be very possible to bring, say, a couple of capital ships and start blasting away stations and anything you see, don't you think?
It creates realism. Furthermore, this should encourage people to band together and go after the bad people. It creates a story of it's own :>
I don't think there should be any limitations as to what can be destroyed. If anything is indestructible (Even NPC) it will make for a irritating factor, atleast for me.
Oh, by the way, I think policing could be a really boring duty :P
Take care.

carran
x4

Post by carran » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 09:32

Roger Wilco wrote:Some of you still think of us as a joke
Oh surely not...

Smile :)

Post by Smile :) » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 09:36

I DID destroy everything in BTF... Wasnt hard u know
Keep on Smiling!!!

fireblade
x4

Post by fireblade » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 11:38

NPC sectors would be defenced by police ships and probably laser towers and other static defence platform

Player owned sector it should be up to the owner to enforce or not enforce the law as they see fit.

everything destroyable hmm

player stuff yes

NPC stations hmm well you could try but you would most likely end up with a heavly armed fleet turning up to and giving you a WARM welcome long before you get anywhere near destroying a station as remember they have the resource of an entire race and planets behind them

In a persistant multiplayer game stations would have to be a lot tougher and take a lot longer to destroy as you have to give their owner some chance to come back to defend the station

hedg70
x4

Post by hedg70 » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 12:21

i would think you would have guilds that have lots of members.. also they share money... witch helps pay for buildings + Ships.. a guild would be able to hold of 1 ship..

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”