Main Central Pirate Base

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

Please read the post then rate all what you like

Yes to Pirate Base
73%
Yes to Pirate Base
No votes
Maybe
19%
Maybe
No votes
No to Pirate Base
8%
No to Pirate Base
No votes

Total votes: 52

Tiberian Commander
x3tc

Main Central Pirate Base

Post by Tiberian Commander » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 02:55

Hi can someone translate this to the Deutschsprachige Foren, just to see what they think of it.

Main Central Pirate Base

Tell me if you think this would be good in an X-Game, it's to late for X2 but who knows :wink:

If X2 had a massive Central Pirate Base positioned in the centre of a sector, it would make you go :o .
Just imagine a Central Command Base Station for Pirates and so on.
You enter an out of the way hidden sector and see this massive station slowly rotating, a saucer shaped station and an opening all the way around.
You see a central column with lots of docking bays, ships are coming and going and goods are plentiful.

This would be good in a way, you could buy your own normal pirate base and get goods from there.

Central Command Base for Pirates

Pirates over time would have come together to build a station in a secret sector to protect there way of life.
A dark menacing station protected by all sorts of weapons on the outer hull.
Say you could dock at the station and at first you could not buy anything, and a welcome screen pops up.
Suddenly you have to prove you have what it takes to be a member of that pirate clan to earn the right to buy Plentiful goods.
What if they have missions for you to fulfil before you are one of them.
This could happen, you do some missions but not all went well. so you didn't join them and at the same time made a few enemies.
OR
This could happen, you do some missions and all went well, and now your a member and as you prove your self to them by doing more missions.
You find out that the more missions you do entitle you to buy even better stuff that's offered to you on your menu system.
So your ranking over time goes up and up and eventually become a fully fledge member and are offered a bonus :D

This would be good, when all or mostly all the missions are done in the game.
It would be like a bonus, the game could take a new path

Heres an update that came to me as i was reading the posts.

What if the Central Pirate Base was cloaked, this would solve any problem other races would have with such a station as a Massive Central Pirate Base.
Only pirates would have a device to detect it when in range of it.
So you would still have to try and find it in a sector, either by flying around to get in range for it to decloak.
Meaning that the station don't decloak, it's the device that's installed in the ship that displays it when your in range, or try and search each map you uncover by seeing were the pirates go. This would solve any race going out of there way to blow it up. :D

Hey what do you think of this -

You know the game ( Heavy Gear II ) what if you could land on the outside of a station or ship, and then walk on the outside of it.
What could this bring to the game.
I know, what if they have repair drones flying across the deck or on magnetic wheels, and you land to hide from other ships detecting you.
Then suddenly your computer tells you that attack drones are coming. Then you could get out of your ship and start blasting away, that would be fun. :D

This would be good as well if you had a mission to find a pirate hiding inside an asteroid or space wreckage, or a saboteur on the out side of a station or bigger ship.
Mind you, you could just have attack drones that search the outer hull.
If you had to capture a pilot hiding in a sector and you had to find the pilot with out being detected, you could fly to that sector and get out of your ship and tell it to hide, if you can do this in a script, then you can hunt the villain down.

I believe that this would add a lot of excitement to the game, it dose not have to be in X2 we all have played a lot of games so we all know what can go in to a game.
It can be a bit much i think, but hey i love the idea that you could hunt a pirate or villain down.
Who knows you could get a mission to find survivors in a battle wreckage. This would also be good as having a battle on the outside of the ( Massive Central Pirate Base ).
You could land on it with lots of troops and have a good battle. :wink:
Last edited by Tiberian Commander on Mon, 21. Apr 03, 16:01, edited 11 times in total.

Hellterra

Post by Hellterra » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 02:59

I love it, i can just see it now. Steel wot you think?. :D

Tiberian Commander
x3tc

Post by Tiberian Commander » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:01

Cheers :)

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:02

I like the idea - it would mean the pirates almost becoming a race like the others though. The pirates would have to offer something that the other races don't in order to make it worthwhile though. Certainly something for a future X game.

I still think that X2 is going to have some big surprises up it's sleeve, and whilst it might not be this sort of thing, I think that we'll be quite pleased as the plot develops. I have this feeling that the Khaak will involve a bit more than just blowing up their ships.
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Commander Jamieson
x2

Re: Main Central Pirate Base

Post by Commander Jamieson » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:02

Logically I would think a sector defence would have something to say about a centrally located pirate base in their own sector. Unless Pirates do have their own sector(s) where they could have one located centrally. This is why pirate bases are off and away from the normal sector area and are supposed to be sort of hidden.

Cheers

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:07

The_Abyss
x3

Post by The_Abyss » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:09

Grimm wrote:*ahem*

[ external image ]

:D
Nice. But, a point of order. You need to amend the station logo to include the current Cartel covergirl Amy on there!!!
Strung out on Britain's high, hitting an all time low

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:11

:o I totally forgot that bit!

I'll get that corrected as soon as I can - I'm compiling a show at the moment though, so it'll have to wait for a bit...

GnatB
x3

Post by GnatB » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 03:35

Agreed... a pirate "shipyard/megabase" would be pretty cool. It would have to be in some out of the way sector... Maybe even hidden... perhaps accessible through a gate on the far side of a planet or something.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 04:13

Pirates are supposed to be inconspicuous, i think a huge station in the middle of a sector would give them away. A huge station like that would also imply a level of centralisation of the Pirate guilds (they're not a government, fs), not to mention building such a structure would be a pretty stupid move by any pirate leader, as its loss would almost certainly be the ruin of their 'gang'.

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 04:22

who cares about the paperwork, just build the darn thing.

I would love to see one of these things in the game, and would care a rats flying mokey if it didn't make sense. plenty of things don't make sense in the game. Some of these are s.e.t.a., or the zipper; the xenon themselves and why the experiment went wrong in the first place....

oh yeah Grimm, I hate that hideous monstorsity. of course it has the label cartel inc. on, nothing good can come from cartel.
[ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:10

Snowyhands wrote:Some of these are s.e.t.a.,
It creates a 'bubble' around the ship making it seem like everything around you is moving quicker when, infact, it is just your perception of them that has changed.
the xenon themselves and why the experiment went wrong in the first place.
What doesnt make sense about the Xenon?

And i assume you mean the X-shuttle 'accident' when you say "experiment"?

I dont understand how that doesnt make sense - due to an overload (iirc) the jumpdrive sent Brennan further than anticipated and damaged the drive seemingly beyond repair, therefore stranding him there. Hardly quantum theory.

Snokid
x2

Post by Snokid » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:27

Apothos wrote: It creates a 'bubble' around the ship making it seem like everything around you is moving quicker when, infact, it is just your perception of them that has changed.
what are you talking about? as I remember it, it suppose to actually speed up time, not make you "drugged" "high" ,whatever you call ,it so that things become distorted. I don't see how speeding up time would make the journey go any faster for the pilot in-game. so it makes no sense as to why it was made- if you understand time...
What doesnt make sense about the Xenon?
they ARE the xenon for crying out loud... :roll: these highly intelligent robots who can't fly a ship if it did the flying itself? :gruebel: anyway, I find it hard to believe that they could have coordinated such an attack on the humans, the mass weapons, the ships. Also that they beame this "sentient species" without the humans knowing. Then for some unknown reason they start shooting up their creators.

The very x-perimental experiment is cliché and rather flimsy. Humans, who have raised to such a high technologically advanced state couldn't perfectally calculate the correct formulas. Ok, so this could happen, and the guy could and very well would find a whole galaxy ofnew ships, but where were they trying to send him anyway? did the computer automatically lock on to the broken gate? or was it all cooincidence... :?

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:46

Apothos wrote:Pirates are supposed to be inconspicuous, i think a huge station in the middle of a sector would give them away. A huge station like that would also imply a level of centralisation of the Pirate guilds (they're not a government, fs), not to mention building such a structure would be a pretty stupid move by any pirate leader, as its loss would almost certainly be the ruin of their 'gang'.
I almost feel as if that was a personal poke, Ap. Thou hast wounded me deeply with thine sentiments... :roll:

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:53

Snowyhands wrote:what are you talking about? as I remember it, it suppose to actually speed up time,
Only to the perception of the person using it, it doesnt actually speed up time.
not make you "drugged" "high" ,whatever you call it
I never said that.
so that things become distorted. I don't see how speeding up time would make the journey go any faster for the pilot in-game.
Because the person in the ship that has an activated SETA only perceives it as going quicker outside his little 'bubble' - time doesnt speed up.
they ARE the xenon for crying out loud.
Yes.
these highly intelligent robots who can't fly a ship if it did the flying itself?
What? They are the ship. What desnt make sense about that? Just the fact they have a cockpit, hehe.
anyway, I find it hard to believe that... [etc.]
Noone said anything about believeability, just about it making sense.
The very x-perimental experiment is cliché and rather flimsy.
Irrelevant.
Humans, who have raised to such a high technologically advanced state couldn't perfectally calculate the correct formulas.
They obviously had the correct 'formulae' or the jumpdrive wouldnt have worked at all. An overload caused a malfunction (iirc) sending him further than anticipated.
but where were they trying to send him anyway?
It was a test of the drive, where he was going is irrelevant but i think its safe to assume he wasnt intended to be where he ended up.

Apothos
x3tc

Post by Apothos » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:56

Grimm wrote:I almost feel as if that was a personal poke, Ap. Thou hast wounded me deeply with thine sentiments...
Hehe, an unintended bonus.

I was ofc referring to the game, of which Cartel arent a part of (yet).

HEMAN

Post by HEMAN » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 05:57

Tiberian Commander wrote;If X2 had a massive Central Pirate Base positioned in the centre of a sector, it would make you go .
Just imagine a Central Command Base Station for Pirates and so on.
You enter a sector and see this massive station slowly rotating, a saucer shaped station and an opening all the way around.
You see a central column with lots of docking bays, ships are coming and going and goods are plentiful.

Cool idea TC, That remindes me of BABYLON 5 ,without the security officers there, Or Star Wars- Han Solo on mos isley trading /negotiating. WOW i can buy Black markget componets, like a R2D2 :o , to repair my hull. shield regenerater, special stuff :o .

Wargod.
x3tc

Post by Wargod. » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 07:43

A Central Pirate Base would be awsome! Though I do think the Argon would have a little diffrent say in that (Hey what kind of intergalactic Bush's don't go mangle, and then distory everything?)

So, I would guess the only way to make it work would to have this sector, litteraly have walls of Lazertowers as you come in and patrols everywhere. Or else the big Bad Argon One would blow it back to the last Xenon War!

-Wargod

Grimm

Post by Grimm » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 09:20

Snowyhands wrote:who cares about the paperwork, just build the darn thing.

I would love to see one of these things in the game, and would care a rats flying mokey if it didn't make sense. plenty of things don't make sense in the game. Some of these are s.e.t.a., or the zipper; the xenon themselves and why the experiment went wrong in the first place....

oh yeah Grimm, I hate that hideous monstorsity. of course it has the label cartel inc. on, nothing good can come from cartel.
[ external image ]
[ external image ][ external image ][ external image ]
[ external image ]

Thought so.

Tiberian Commander
x3tc

Post by Tiberian Commander » Wed, 2. Apr 03, 11:38

Squashed like a bug on a windscreen :shock:

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”