Spaceflys?

General discussions about the games by Egosoft including X-BTF, XT, X², X³: Reunion, X³: Terran Conflict and X³: Albion Prelude.

Moderator: Moderators for English X Forum

LForet3252
x3

Spaceflys?

Post by LForet3252 » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 19:14

Does anyone really use this "feature" of X2. I know you can capture them but is it worth the effort. They dont even show up on radar so how do you consistantly cath them? We at least have fish finders in the 21st century......

Damar Stiehl
x3

Post by Damar Stiehl » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 19:32

Just stop the engines and they'll come. You'll see them swarming about. That's when you start a-blastin' with IonDs, and they'll show up on the radar once stunned.

Best ship to do this in is Split Iguana. Triple IonDs = poachers' dream.

It is worth the effort if you roleplay... or if you use Booster Pack.

S VIIC/41
x2

Post by S VIIC/41 » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 19:39

Yup, they ARE hard to find. You'll need an Ion Disruptor (from the boron) to stun them and a spacefly collector (from the Split) to capture them in your cargo bay.

They're hard enough to find and I suppose the best way to catch them is to just pick a random sector and go around shooting an Ion D every so often, if there's a spacefly around, it'll shoot right at the spacefly and stun it. And if there's one, there's usually more.

They have 2 uses:

1. Selling them to some Split factories.
2. They can be used as fuel for the new signed Mk1 Engine Tuning script.

tismtia
x2

Post by tismtia » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 20:15

It is just a small aspect of the game to try out. Youre not going to make a career of it.

I have been capping in CBSE for a while and since I have my IOND loaded anyway, and there is a pirate base in this sector, I will snag 10 to 15 flies and sell them for about half of what an average capped pirate ship would be in far less time.

They should sell a web maker so you could construct a web between asteriods or laser towers.
Human knowledge has always exceeded human intellegence.

gober
x3

Post by gober » Wed, 28. Jul 04, 20:45

If you have a space fly collector on a ship with the special software to collect containers in a sector the ship will collect space flies as well as any cargo containers. Then I sell them to the pirates. My ship even collected a slave one time!

Return to “X Trilogy Universe”